It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This could change EVERYTHING, 12/29/10, Gunfire exchanged with unknown entity, UFO in sky!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

edit on 29-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mooradian

And you had the presence of mind to hop on here (10 minutes BEFORE your encounter) and write about it?

Having had experiences (and talking to plenty of others who have too) to gather your wits THAT quickly is almost unheard of. Not to mention, having a need to SHARE this type of experience (especially an encounter) just moments after it happens is NOT typical at all (for the person is busy trying to process it all)

I hardly ever ever do this, but I call-----------------------bull!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Post up your evidence asap then. They won't hack your ats account, spread it around!
edit on 29-12-2010 by CoffeeMonster because: typo

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
can I just add that I've just read a post saying loud bang in sky heard in manchester. Please read it as now I'm putting 2 and 2 together.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Welcome to Earth bitch - Bang!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
police showed up and some are questioning my neighbors right now, moron, read it, seven cruisers total pulled up almost immediately after i opened up

it stuck out because it was very white or light colored

i snapped a pic of the orb just before it dashed upwards
uploading

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mooradian
at this point my father had a loaded mossberg 500 12ga shotgun and a 380sp handgun and i had a magzine loaded into my ak47., we live in the bck of our neghbrhood by the woods and my father who was a SEAl let 5 rounds go from his 380, long range for pistol but i think he was trying to scare it.

This?!?!?! This is how you welcome a visitor.

Here's my other 2 cents : Bull Shizzle!!

I don't say this often, but: PICS or it didn't happen.

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
I'm in the line waiting for the evidence.

A10's are used primarily for ground support, probably wouldn't be scrambled for an in-flight object.

For the shooting, it's a little scarry a former SEAL would be so quick on the trigger without being directly attacked, what if it was one of those strange door to door guys that crashed his bike and just needed help.

Seriously though, If there are pictures or video, I'd love to see them.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrezo

Originally posted by UnBreakable

I just want to clarify. You guys shot at something unarmed without making an id or at least issuing a verbal warning before shooting.

OP is a good example of why the government has legitimate reasons to keep aliens and ufo's under wraps. People are so easily scared and panicky they'll shoot aliens on sight even if they come down with peaceful intentions and raise their hands with the vulcan peace and prosperity gesture.

Shooting at unprovoked aliens could potentially cause an intergalactic war, bravo OP.

How do you know we arent already at galactic war?

But the first thing I would have done is upload the media of what i had somewhere fast and let it propagate. On the .0001% chance this is true, this story would be quashed by 8 pm and his internet blocked, etc. The white alien probably would have been friendlier than the 5 MIBs that land in your yard in a chopper in 10 minutes.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
humming the jeopardy theme song while we wait for upload...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Think you missed this bit.

police are currently here taking pictures of the shells and questioned me and my father

Okay, besides the urgency we all want on your behalf to upload any images and other related material. I want to target something more specific. What prompted your father to open fire on this said being? From your words I take it, it had not engaged in any hostile action. Nor was it giving off any taunt like actions. Did you attempt to communicate with the said being (A warning?, etc). Is it possible for you to establish a rough diagram (Say in msPaint, photoshop, etc) of the scenario. Detailing the immediate area and the location of the being to you, at said moments?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
humming the jeopardy theme song while we wait for upload...

Ditto.
Wonder how big the pictures are to upload so slowly?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

How do you know we arent already at galactic war?

where's the evidence? Honestly do you really think shoot first ask questions later is really the best policy for extraterrestrial first contact?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

edit on 29-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

link   
Here's humurous commentary I found on nyc 13th over on the somethingawful forums that's pertinent to the op's thread.

Arthe Xavier posted:

Balloons, eh? ABC news did a ( very short ) coverage of the 'sightings', and the reporter mentioned that the NYPD had stated that they, at least, had no knowledge of a 'balloon-exhibition'.

If this is the 'UFO-showdown' the retired NORAD officer predicted, though, I have to say that the aliens failed pretty miserably. Why not hover a few dozen metres above the downtown skyscrapers so that nobody can have any doubts regarding the authenticity of the UFOs?

Sagan posted:

Because idiots would probably shoot at them.

Tighclops posted:

Please do not aim your firearms at the spacecraft, as you may inadvertently start an intergalactic war.
edit on 29-12-2010 by redrezo because: (no reason given)

link   

Well if no one else is going to say it.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?
Gunfire wasn't "exchanged", you just shot at some injured and unarmed helpless being.This could actually make their species very angry.Hell they could be debating whether or not to punish us for this and you would be the first they went to.
Besides this is a lot to take in and were gonna need the pictures.

link   
Who flagged this thread? and WHY!?

Stand up and show yourself.

link   
A10s do not go supersonic, and it is nigh-on impossible to confuse A10s with anything else as nothing else really looks or sounds like it.

Saving that, pics or it didn't happen: and now that that's said, assuming this is true and you shot at something that made no hostility towards you or your family, I really hope someone doesn't one day show you the same courtesy.

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join