It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put-Upon Victims Forced to Wait in Line for Freebies or Even Pay Their Own Bills

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Tell you what, if i had gone out and worked and bought the tv and Xbox from the money i earned from a wage - I wouldnt sell them as soon as i couldnt pay my bills - Not if i was actively looking for work. Whats the point? You'd sell for half they're worth, then when you get a job, you will most likely seek to re-aquire those items which takes time and well, money.

I cant believe you people expect her to sell her stuff to pay a greedy gas company - I'm sure they'll survive without the money she owe's them for the time being.

"Greedy" power companys my fuzzy baboon red butt...

Theres a common quote:" if you took all the money from the"rich" people and just gave it to the "poor"people; in 6,months the rich would be rich again and the poor would be pooragain".

Good decision making.i.e.You make $43 a week; rent is $20, food another $20.00 heat is $3.00/week; cable is "only" $5.00/week( its a "special" signup before Feb; look a rebate!). You cant afford it...( even if you get the ocassional overtime)
edit on 30-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Are you serious?

Americans sometimes....

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

coming from the UK i can assure you that power companys here ARE greedy. However, i cant really speak for this lady, but capitalism being capitalism, i can see power companys in the USA also being greedy - Yes i am generalizing.
But my original point still stands, If i worked hard to buy that tv and Xbox, i wouldnt sell them to pay a gas bill. The power company would still be there tomorrow, not like it would have a financial meltdown.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This made me die laughing. But in the reality of it,milllions of people do get help,why couldnt she?
If you look even deeper into it,i know people with bigger tv's than that,driving caddys around and they get help.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join