It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"POP" Music that makes you say....whaaat?! WTH? Answers needed, pleez....:)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
OK... I try to use CDs in the car or whatnot....but you get tired of them, understand?

So, my main concern is my children want to listen to the al-radio, and this pops up:

WTH is a *G6*????

Mom had no answer....:mad
edit on 29-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
A private jet.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

I can't see the video clip there seems to be an issue of some technical sort but I have been told the G6 they are referring to in the song is a type of private jet.

I at first thought they were referencing the pontiac G6 discontinued in 08 and was like "how is a cancelled car cool?"

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

Thank you...

Now, what's getting slizzered?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Oh man, a true step back for humankind, imo. I am old school though, so I am highly biased when it comes to tunes. I think the G6 here is in reference to the jet.

spec
edit on 29-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What a tune!

Common listen to the video "fly like a g6" and "I'm fittin to get her higher than a fighter jet" you do the maths on this crazy Conspiracy.

Oh its short for G650 and there is also a Pontiac G6...but it doesn't fly so good.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

Haha and I like the way you answered the question as if this was yahoo! Answers...very fitting.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 1IN7MILLION

what's getting "slizzered"?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Hahah sonjah1 you really are an open book when it comes to this stuff aren't you. Parents these days

Gettin slizzard that's the official spelling, means getting really drunk or high. High meaning smoking weed before you ask.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

ahhh, only that? but why her reference to the blizzard (me thinks cold drink)? AND what is her reference to three six?

Well, I'm not going to totally isolate my children, and would rather be informed...

Just thought it meant some new psycho-drug or something....

I love (not) the ebonics of the tune: "i got sober girls around me and they be acking like they're drunk..."

ETA: Let this thread be a decoding for all of us unaware parents on MSmusic :lol
edit on 29-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I heard this song on the 'dance music' radio station here, they have awesome dnb shows late night, but during the day its the RnB & Pop from U.S, etc that dominates the airtime,

When I heard gaga I thought, man this is pretty bad, can't get much worse.

Then I heard Katy Perry teaching adults what opposites are.

then I heard Kesha but in reality I only remember her bending over that car for the cop.

Then I heard this song & I realised that there are still undiscovered area's of "STUPID" left to explore musically.

The song is terrible.

I think I might copy it but replace the word Blizzard with BLUZRD, just for an extra sprinkling of idiocy, I'll get a model friend to front as the musician and shake her ass alot in the film clip and we can split the millions.

Yup, screw trying to compose actual music, I'll just novelty my way into a fortune...

-B.M
edit on 29/12/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Blizzard will be blunt (a joint or weed). Three six is probably an American area code, we don't do codes that way in the uk. But all the hip hop stars normally mention where they live by there codes. If you are from the us you might know where that is now.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You have been most helpful...now more on deconstructing the stupidly, "bottles on the ice"????

If she' only referring to reeferism?

new topics

top topics

join