It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officers Son caught on video punching a homeless man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I came across this video showing which appears to be an Officers son knocking out a homeless man while shouting racial slurs. After searching and reading for more info on this topic in the Florida area I have found some sources indicating that the homless man was uncoopertive and declined to press charges. I know that in many jurisdictions the DA can press charges regardless of whether the victim agreed to press charges or not.

I can only assume that this case will be swept under the rug and another violent member of society will be running the streets because he just happens to be the son of a police Lt. So how do we as a people get justice for this? Because the guy is homeless he has no rights? The article says that he was unccoopertive with police. The man was knocked out for probably five mins or more and he is homeless. I am sure there are underlying rules within the police force that prevent this man from getting his story out. I am sure that he doesnt have I.D. but even if he did, they state they cannot find him. Why do they need to find him to press charges on police lt's son? Isnt video enough?

The 21-year-old son of a Sanford police lieutenant walked up behind a homeless man and punched him in the back of his head, causing injuries that required hospitalization, but officers made no arrest, according police and a video.

source

The sister of homeless man response is here

The video is on liveleak in better quality here

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Truly sad.. The lack of compassion that people have for others.. On many levels.. Just because the guy was homeless is no reason to assault him.. Along with no charges filed against the one who assaulted him due to his dads position truly disgusting..

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well, we can't really PROVE just yet that no charges were made because of his dads job... Though I suspect it is highly likely....And if that is the case, it is truly disgusting.... That Homeless man was brutally assaulted.... and this kid belongs behind bars.

This made me think of when I was living in a very small town. It only had two cops at the time. One of those cops sons raped a girl. A minor I believe. He was charged though and went to jail.

The man in this video... Clearly assaulted that homeless man.... he belongs behind bars and there is no excuse for no charges being pressed.

Though I wonder... Was the victim given the offer to press charges?
edit on 29-12-2010 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Oh for cryin out loud. Unless you have some sort of proof that the reason there were no charges was because of his dad, than what you are saying is slanderous.

In my personal experience, officers who have kids that violate the law are the first to stand up and say that they should be treated NO differently. In fact, they tend to get special treatment as far as the jail taking when they normally woulnd't because the officer WANTS them punished. In our area at least, the kids of cops are expected to set an example are NOT handled with kid gloves.

If there was special treatment, than it was wrong. But what I have seen here, is you making an assumption...and that is wrong too.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
From this report under the sisters link and I quote "Despite the clear video, the Sanford Police Department said witness accounts were contradictory and the victim, who seemed nearly unconscious as passers-by tried to help, was "uncooperative."

The state attorney has now been asked to investigate.

Foster said the reality is that her brother was so injured he couldn't press charges.

"When I got to the hospital, my brother didn't even know what happened. He couldn't tell me what happened, couldn't tell me who it was that hit him," said Foster."

The homeless man had his back turned and got a full swing sucker punch to the side of his temple area. I can only assume he is telling the truth by stating that he cant press charges due to the fact he dont know what happened to him. The video should provide an open and shut case. Sadly it is 3 weeks later...It is just now gone Viral
edit on 29-12-2010 by Moose318 because: afterthought

edit on 29-12-2010 by Moose318 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If i was homeless I would be packing a glock and shot the little basterd..

It is funny though if you guys care so much about the homeless why don't you let them sleep in YOUR bed?

Just more aint-police mantra.

I don't think you should go around punching homeless people but it seems this is NOT ABOUT homeless people..

It is about police hating.
edit on 29-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Oh for cryin out loud. Unless you have some sort of proof that the reason there were no charges was because of his dad, than what you are saying is slanderous.

In my personal experience, officers who have kids that violate the law are the first to stand up and say that they should be treated NO differently. In fact, they tend to get special treatment as far as the jail taking when they normally woulnd't because the officer WANTS them punished. In our area at least, the kids of cops are expected to set an example are NOT handled with kid gloves.

If there was special treatment, than it was wrong. But what I have seen here, is you making an assumption...and that is wrong too.

If it was anyone else, they would have been arrested on the spot and thrown in jail...Period! If It was slanderous for assuming that than I and many others in this country are slanderous and I am proud of it. The video clearly shows what this man did, as well as the reactions of his friends as they were shocked by his behavior as well. All the while screaming racial slurs...your comment is nonsensical

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Man what a prick. I wish he could have randomly smacked an MMA fighter instead. Perhaps the liquor got to him, perhaps he's just a spoiled child. Either or, that type of behavior is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moose318
If it was anyone else, they would have been arrested on the spot and thrown in jail...Period!

I watched an episode of "cops" just the other night where someone was arrested on heresay for assault because their "victim" (who was a huge guy) apparently had a few scratched on his arm (that the camera couldn't even pick up).

I agree with you here.
edit on 29/12/10 by NuclearPaul because: typo

top topics

join