It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bleak future or disaster?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'd swear that they are calculatingly taking away your rights to speak, travel, spend, eat, feel safe without big brothers permission or oversite. Shut down your web pages if you say something defamatory or not in the interests of the US, listen to all of your phone callsand watching your computer cams, monitor your spending patterns, dictate the food your allowed to buy and eat, grope you and observe your unmentionables when travelling (they don't even buy you dinner first?), fear mongering on the news networks, manipulating weather, disasturous oil spills, spraying chemicals in our air. Now there are prison camps waiting for the break down in order and and financial collapse that they are anticipating... Eventually there is going to be a revolt of some kind.

Unemployment at 9.8% right now... what about when the troops start to come home? Although there was a high of 10% in January. The official unemployment rate hit 9.8% in this month-already as high as the peak unemployment rates in all but the 1982 recession, the worst since World War II. And topping the 1982 recession's peak rate of 10.8% is now distinctly possible. The current downturn has pushed up unemployment rates by more than any previous postwar recession.

So what if... the Federal Reserve and the US government are not being upfront and keeping things up to snuff. Federal Reserve Notes have not been backed by any single specific asset since 1964, but are backed by all assets held in collateral by the Federal Reserve, and by the power of the government to collect assets in taxes. so if they don't have the assests to back up the Greenback then they will increase your taxes. That would be the ultimate trigger to the emotional and financial downfall of the American population (and many dependant co-operative countries that rely on US currency in international trade).

I'm wondering what it is next... how do you trust your own government when they make you feel like a prisoner in your own home.
edit on 29-12-2010 by PsychNurse because: Spelling...

edit on 29-12-2010 by PsychNurse because: Correction made after Gixxer pointed out a factual error on my part... thank you Gixxer...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
i agree with you on the unemployment rate, altho in reality the numbers are much higher,closer to 20% unemployment and if you look at how the unemployment numbers are generated you will see even more flaws.

i don't follow you on the gold "greenback" thing, the u.s dollar hasn't been backed by gold for a very long time. unless i miss your meaning.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
i agree with you on the unemployment rate, altho in reality the numbers are much higher,closer to 20% unemployment and if you look at how the unemployment numbers are generated you will see even more flaws.

i don't follow you on the gold "greenback" thing, the u.s dollar hasn't been backed by gold for a very long time. unless i miss your meaning.

Thanks. I made a correction to that statement. Much appreciated.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer

The 9.8 % is the so-called official rate. That doesn't count the many millions
of people who have ran out of benefits and can't get them extended, and it
doesn't include the many millions who have given up looking for work, or does
it include the many millions who refuse to even look. So the unemployment
rate is realistically higher than 20 %. The government is lying through their
teeth as usual.
edit on 29-12-2010 by endtimer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join