It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

microwaves...invention of the century or bad for your health?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
personally i dont own a microwave and refuse to have one in my home....my partner was bangin on at me to get one, but i dont want one and ill tell you why.

my opinion is that microwaves promote a poor diet...its easy just popping a ding dinner or tv dinner (u.s) in the mic for quickness, and i understand that those of you who have busy lives or kids feel it helps that way u dont have to slave over a cooker.

have u actually ever read the ingredients in ding dinners? way too much salt, way too much saturated fats, colourings, additives, sugars, e numbers, msg's, its scandalous....

i personally cook everything from scratch, that way i know how much salt is in my meal, i know that there arent any msg, e numbers etc.

how many of you own a microwave? and how many of you are in poor health or are overwieght?

but thats just the food...what about all these microwaves, radiation etc that comes from these death traps in our homes?

what happened to good old cooking, preparing a meal, and enjoying your creation and know that its not filled with additives?

so ..microwave...best invention?...or bad for your health?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
its certainly very bad for my wi-fi.

everytime the microwave is on, my internet just freezes

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
When I was in my first year of uni, a high proportion of my diet consisted of microwave meals. Then I actually learned how to cook and I gradually started using the microwave less and less. I barely use it at all any more tbh.

You can really taste the difference between food done in the microwave compared to food you cook yourself. This could be because of the microwaving process; or it could also be the fact that the microwave food is mass produced, whereas food you cook at home is used with fresh ingredients. Who knows?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

lol well i wouldnt know...i have no microwave

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

yea definately..i mean microwake meals,,,,say it was a steak pie...theres probs about only 12% meat content and the rest is water, starchy pastry and other ..things lol, make a steak pie from scratch u have nice fresh stew, fresh carrots and make your own pastry and its just delicious...i dont understand how people can stuff that crap in thier bodys tbh.

and my friends all think IM a wierdo cuz i dont have a microwave?......

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think microwaves are bad for my health but i don't have the science to back it up .

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Microwaves can be good for your heath though...

I don't cook ready meals but often cook big pots of stew, pies and things in bulk sometimes freezing them for a later date. It's a breeze putting them in the microwave and "zapping" them for a few minutes. Saves having to heat an oven up again or reheating something on the stove. Also saves on washing up, the BIG bonus..lol.

The other thing is that a microwave would kill anything that could be harmful in something that might normally just get put on the stove until it bubbles and the temptation to eat a pre cooked but cold pie is negated when I can just microwave it, often adding a tin of baked beans to the plate.

At the end of the day, I'm sure there have been many cases of food poisoning from badly reheated food that hasn't been mlicrowaved and killed all the bugs.

We've just had xmas, and I had 4 whole xmas dinners one day after the next by putting what was left after my festive feast in the fridge and then using the microwave to reheat it. All I had to do was make fresh gravy each time. How would you cook that without a microwave...oven for the turkey, stuffing and roast potatoes which would dry it to death, reboil the vegetables which would turn to mush?.....naaaa! zap it in 4-5 minutes, boil the kettle for gravy and "nomnomnom"

Each to their own but I love my personal nuke box.

Cheers.

top topics

join