It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats up with all the pro-islam sentiment in the US... heres a little reminder of what were up again

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
hey Don, i cant reply to your post for some reason, and YES it is screwed up that americans kill afghans for "sport". but the same exact # was going on in the vietnam war, guys go crazy, start killing people/civilians and take trophies. this war is NO different from any other war.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
heres a thread here on ATS... shows that Islam IS taking over.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Lol I can't even handle the self-righteous alarmists anymore.

They are no better than the self-righteous extremists.

This planet has some serious growing up to do.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WJjeeper
lately ive been hearing a lot of pro-islam fundamentalism ranting and raving on the media, here on ATS, and even around my local area.

i would like to give you all a little reminder of what true islam fundamentalism is all about, it seems we all forgot about some events that happened a few years back. does Nicholas Berg ring a bell? Jack Hansley? Eugene Armstrong? Kenneth Bigley?

WARNING! Explicit material! probably offensive to most audiences!

www.liveleak.com...

www.documentingreality.com...

i honestly dont want to post all the vids. it makes me sick. i think we all need an eye popper, i dont care if this thread pisses you off, because this is reality. this is Jihad.

The KKK is to Christianity as Taliban/Al Qaeda is to Islam. Don't make such blanket generalizations. Islam is a religion of peace and there are those who will distort the words of the Q'uaran to suit their own agenda. It's like me labeling all white people as myopic racists. Grow up.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Text

That might concievably make any sense if the kkk were in charge of an entire nation - or were operating as part of a specific Christian agenda. - or had killed more than a tiny tiny fraction of the number that Islamic extremists are responsible for.

Historian Eric Foner observed: In effect, the Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic party, the planter class, and all those who desired restoration of white supremacy. Its purposes were political, but political in the broadest sense, for it sought to affect power relations, both public and private, throughout Southern society. It aimed to reverse the interlocking changes sweeping over the South during Reconstruction: to destroy the Republican party's infrastructure, undermine the Reconstruction state, reestablish control of the black labor force, and restore racial subordination in every aspect of Southern life
en.wikipedia.org... .[30]

Otherwise it is just a silly exercise in moral equivanlence in an attempt to evade facts that you cannot face.

Islam is an ideology entirely incompatible with Western Liberal Democracy.

edit on 31-12-2010 by JohhnyBGood because: forgoet txt mks

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

Well now, how compatible is Old Testament Christianity? Doesn't seem a great fit to me. Nor does the government seem to reflect the teachings of Christ, so I'd say your premise here is pretty hollow.

Sure like to see you have that discussion with one of your more moderate Muslim neighbours...alas...with the anonymity of the web we won't see you actually have to account for such statements face-to-face.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Well now, how compatible is Old Testament Christianity? Doesn't seem a great fit to me.

Indeed. And it has cost plenty of human lifes and hundreds of years until Christianity was turned into todays largely irrelevant social construct quite compatible with basic freedoms. Muslim religion has not yet been through this transformation. Your point?

Sure like to see you have that discussion with one of your more moderate Muslim neighbours

I dont think anyone here has something against moderate religious people of any faith. It is the extremists people are concerned about. And extremists make up very large percentage of muslims, often majorities in their home countries.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Well now, how compatible is Old Testament Christianity? Doesn't seem a great fit to me. Nor does the government seem to reflect the teachings of Christ, so I'd say your premise here is pretty hollow.

Sure like to see you have that discussion with one of your more moderate Muslim neighbours...alas...with the anonymity of the web we won't see you actually have to account for such statements face-to-face.

Liberal (human rights based) democracy is a distilled essence of judeo-Christian and Greco-Roman values, minus the mumbo-jumbo.

ie, we took the good bits and rejected the rest.

If Islam tried to do that - the koran would be about two pages long!

here is an excercise for you - look up the world love in the Koran, see how many time it is mentioned!

Or try to distill for me if you can, the essential message from the Koran, the unique and timeless wisdom that such an exalted master must surely have bestowed upon the world.

Fact is the Koran is set up as the direct and unchangeable word of god - the complete and eternal truth for all time - the actions of mohammed are taken to be normative for all muslims, if he did it then it is by definition righteous and holy - ie banditry, slavery, murder kidnapping womanising, torture, deception, lying cheating.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The three precepts of the law are these: To live honestly, to injure no other, and pay unto every man his rightful due. The more laws there are, the less justice there is. The essence of liberty is the freedom to live as you choose. That is the moral message that is common among all different religious faiths.

Also, as for the reason why people who follow Islam may be more radical or fundamentalist than the majority of Muslims is due to their lack of education, ability to educate themselves, let alone read or write. That's a failing of the State Department and their system of Government. They are ignorant, but not stupid.

One who knows not that he knows not is a fool; shun him. One who knows that he knows not is simple; teach him. One who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; waken him. One who knows and knows that he knows is wise; follow him.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

What's your point? Why do they have to conform to the values of a culture, system of government or morality that is not their own? What makes the ideology of "Western Liberal Democracy" better than Islam? The fact is that people are free to form their own truths, not conform to the worldview or value system of an alien culture.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DankNugs

maybe if you read the whole thread instead of getting pissed off and just typing utter bull# I wouldnt take you as such a flapdoodle (google it). I am not generalizing Islam as the problem, I am pointing out that the problem at hand is the backroom Islamic fundamental agenda. when a religion like Islam gets enough strength and is organized enough to take over large sections of government and corporations across the world, there is a problem.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DankNugs

What's your point? Why do they have to conform to the values of a culture, system of government or morality that is not their own? What makes the ideology of "Western Liberal Democracy" better than Islam? The fact is that people are free to form their own truths, not conform to the worldview or value system of an alien culture.

The whole premise of Islam is that you are NOT 'free to form your own truths' - you don't even get to choose wether to be a Muslim or not, you are born one, and are liable to be killed if you apostise, or even venture any mild criticism of it.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DankNugs

The whole premise of Islam is that you are NOT 'free to form your own truths' - you don't even get to choose wether to be a Muslim or not, you are born one, and are liable to be killed if you apostise, or even venture any mild criticism of it.

That's a cultural indoctrination problem. You've got to start with the children, by educating them and later generations will be more tolerable with different viewpoints. Hell, at one time, the Islamic Empire was more technologically advanced than Medieval Europe. This was a culture that was very strong and produced some of the greatest minds at one time. It's the fundamentalists that are the problem.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WJjeeper
reply to post by DankNugs

maybe if you read the whole thread instead of getting pissed off and just typing utter bull# I wouldnt take you as such a flapdoodle (google it). I am not generalizing Islam as the problem, I am pointing out that the problem at hand is the backroom Islamic fundamental agenda. when a religion like Islam gets enough strength and is organized enough to take over large sections of government and corporations across the world, there is a problem.

Sounds a lot like the Catholic religion, as well. You're generalizing and not providing specifics.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

That's a cultural indoctrination problem. You've got to start with the children, by educating them and later generations will be more tolerable with different viewpoints. Hell, at one time, the Islamic Empire was more technologically advanced than Medieval Europe. This was a culture that was very strong and produced some of the greatest minds at one time. It's the fundamentalists that are the problem.

That is simply wishfull thinking - the Islamic world closed its mind to any new ideas in the 13th century - and as for the Myth of the Islamic Golden Era it is largely that, a myth! - created by Western Islamic scholars in the interests of PC and anti-western imperialist propaganda.

In the Islamic world - everything is subordinate to Islam - everything! - it is the same as living in a Christian fundamentalist community in the West.
edit on 31-12-2010 by JohhnyBGood because: ex text marks didnt capture the quoted part

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Maybe Islam needs it's own Protestant Reformation or Gutenberg Q'uran, so to speak. Although, the direct relationship with God as promised by protestantism didn't necessarily bode well for the New World people when the Europeans arrived. Then again, the Catholics didn't exactly treat the Natives that politely either. This is probably more a question of power and the means to attain it, religion just being one of them. Terrorism can exist independently of Islam, and naturally it has for millenia.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

F*** Islam.
I wish we would just nuke the lot of them.
Then the world could go round the way it's supposed to be

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Pretty sure of what you're saying...what if you're wrong? How about you exercise the strength of your convictions and speak to a moderate Muslim...then get back to us. Sounds like a big deal to satisfy a mere internet forum, but if you are going to slag a good chunk of the earth's population, nuthin' wrong with being called on it.

Or you can skulk in anonymity.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

The Anti Islamist faction is acting as a “push factor” to the minority Jihadist “Pull Factor”. We need to move beyond this foolish hatred as we are building more Jihadists. Islam is frankly no worse than Xtianity. Both fundamentalists are a danger to society at large.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by filosophia
You can really tell how they dulled down on the propaganda. While this video is fake for many different reasons, the lack of resistance on the part of the prisoner, the editing a moment before his head is removed, the fake looking head with the extremely small amount of blood dripping out of it, however it is still more exciting then what they are pumping out these days: Bin laden decrying man made global warming. Sheesh. The war on terrorism is becoming the war of retardism.

Oh that's ok.

Google Eugene Armstrong then, if you want to be sure what happens.

Really, google Eugene Armstrong Beheading.

And then worry about it.

I did google it

www.liveleak.com...

And once again the camera cuts away right before they remove the head. Just one question though. If that much blood spills from this guy's head, why doesn't it do the same for the other one?

They're fake. The MSM wouldn't show it if it was real, plus every video I've seen cuts away right before they remove the head. I'm guessing the establishment assumed people wouldn't watch the whole thing because it would churn their stomach, so they would not put the little bit of effort into scrutinizing it and seeing it is a fake. Or they would tell people to "tone down the rhetoric" and not question it because it is a horrible murder. A horrible FAKE murder.
edit on 12-1-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join