It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Discovery of Intact Tomb: German Archeologists Uncover Celtic Treasure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by greywolfalyeska

Hard to say. I havent heard of any other tombs like this before being built with giant oak slabs and burried with treasure. Traditionally in many of the tribes - bodies were defleshed and the bones were carried to be placed anonymously in an ancestral shrine so this is very different.

Is the idea of a descendant of Christ too hard to believe? Or even one of his ancestors?

Shaman or healer definitely sticks out for me - someone of reverence.

Can you imagine how long it would take to cut oak planks 2600 years ago?

And they put the effort forth to build a 10x5 meter room with it for this woman?

I very much want to know more about whats inside, and WHY they carted it away out of sight.

edit on 30-12-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The Heuneburg Celtic Settlement

According to the archeological findings, the building was used as a bronze foundry. Numerous small bronze pearls were set into the lime floor. Furthermore, a 3.1 m large fire reddened surface pointed to the location of an oven. Directly next to it, four small approximately square ordered posts were situated. Because such post squares are often overlaid with respect to ovens, a flue was brought to mind, which assured the circulation of air in the building. Therefore, here was identified one of those non-ferrous metal workshops, which are often found on the Heunerburg and in the surrounding area. The workshop was regularly in operation which was supplied with raw material and likewise distributed a finished product.

www.waymarking.com...

The occupants of the hill fort had strong links with the Mediterranean, importing amphorae of wine and exotic pottery from the Greek colony of Massilia, modern day Marseilles. During the 6th century BC the defences of the fort were remodelled along the lines of Greek fortresses, with mudbrick bastions on stone foundations. It has been suggested that this represents the Celtic city of Pyrene mentioned by Herodotus (Book 2:33).

The rise of the Roman Empire as the dominant power in ancient Europe was intimately connected to the fate of a people collectively known as the Celts.

Their historical significance is indicated by the reports written by C. Julius Caesar during the six years he spent subjugating the Gauls, the Celtic tribes who inhabited modern-day France during the last centuries AD. Caesar's Roman perspective on the Celts is documented in "The Gallic Wars" ("de bello gallico"), still an important part of contemporary Latin courses, and continues to define the Celts today, even in the form of popular comic strips.

Two hundred years of settlement history can be archaeologically documented through the construction and leveling, due to decay and destruction, of ten fortification wall systems and 14 successive occupation phases on the hillfort plateau. As a result, the Heuneburg provides us with an unusually complete glimpse of the dynamics of a prehistoric settlement over time.

i sure would love to see the amber pieces.

Evidence of amber use by ancient Central and South European cultures dates from the 13th millennium B.C. in the form of amulets used in hunter's magic to ensure safe and prosperous hunting, as well as pendants and beads that demonstrate a decorative use that has survived through modern times. Amber is a mineral of many names, such as jantar, good stone, sacred stone, gold of the north, and Baltic gold. The Roman historian Pliny wrote: "Among luxury goods it is valued so high that an amber human figurine, no matter how small, costs much more than men (slaves) in their prime".

www.allaboutgemstones.com...

That's what I immediately thought I wondered if it was connected to the ancient amber route.
Amber Road
en.wikipedia.org...

www.amberjewelry.com...

mygeologypage.ucdavis.edu...
edit on 013131p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Shaman or healer definitely sticks out for me - someone of reverence.

According to my last link yes, amber was used in the form of amulets used in hunter's magic to ensure safe and prosperous hunting

So you could be not far from wrong
www.allaboutgemstones.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I find the disturbing of tombs quite vulgar.
Grave robbing, however its dressed up, science or profit, its still grave robbing.
This womans bones, whoever she is, should have been left to rest in peace.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
reply to post by greywolfalyeska

Hard to say. I havent heard of any other tombs like this before being built with giant oak slabs and burried with treasure. Traditionally in many of the tribes - bodies were defleshed and the bones were carried to be placed anonymously in an ancestral shrine so this is very different.

Is the idea of a descendant of Christ too hard to believe? Or even one of his ancestors?

Dont know that the burden to believe its one of Christs decendants should even be brought up untill such an idea is really shown. Besides if Christ had any children wouldnt they all be immortal?

<< 1   >>

join