It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks being 'exploited to spread conspiracy theories,' Jewish group claims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Do you ever entirely read the stories you post?

The ADL isn't calling wikileaks Anti-Semitic.

The narrative about Israel negotiating with Assange probably first surfaced in Al Haqiqa, an Arabic language webzine affiliated with a Syrian opposition group, ADL suggested. The story was picked up by a writer at IndyMedia UK, who, citing Al Haqiqa, said that Israel learned that the documents contained information about the Israeli attacks on Lebanon and Gaza in 2006 and 2008. These documents were destroyed by Assange at the request of the Israelis, according to the anonymous writer

A webzine accused Assange of conspiring with Israel.

On December 1, Huseyin Celik, a deputy leader of Turkey's ruling party, hinted that Israel could be responsible for WikiLeaks during a press conference, saying that "Israel is very pleased [with the WikiLeaks controversy]" and "has been making statements for days, even before the release of these documents."

Then a Turkish politician implied the leaks were an Israeli conspiracy.

The ADL isn't coming down on conspiracy theorists who use the leaks. Its the people who dismiss them since they think its an Israeli conspiracy.

This is the same kind of out of context nonsense that was done on your thread about the Pope's remarks.

edit on 29/12/10 by MikeboydUS because: p

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Perhaps you need to follow some of your own advice Mike, and actually READ WHAT I POSTED, because NOWHERE did I say anything about WIKILEAKS being the subject of anti-semiticism.

I never said anything about Israel or the ADL chastizing wikileaks. This article has to do with the ADL saying that certain >conspiracy theorists< have tried to link WL to an Isreali involvement.

Not sure what your derision was all about here, but you seem to be guilty of the very thing you're trying to accuse me of. lol

.The ADL said that conspiracy theories linking Israel to WikiLeaks have circulated through online publications, where it has been suggested that WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange struck a secret deal with Israeli officials over the leak of diplomatic cables; or that Assange actually works for Israel.

"The WikiLeaks affair has given new life to the old conspiracy theories of underhanded Jewish and Israeli involvement in an event with significant repercussions for the US and many nations around the world," ADL National Director Abraham H. Foxman said, according to a published statement.. "The news is being exploited by conspiracy theorists, some world leaders, and various Web sites across the ideological spectrum to spread false and malicious conspiracy theories against Israel."

edit on 29-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Well.. we don't know if any of the charges against him are even true.
And he is releasing them, they would never be released otherwise. Just because he is being smart about it doesn't mean he's holding out on everyone. He is releasing them in a fashion that will get them noticed as opposed to washed over all at once. You don't even believe any of the leaks so why would you care at which rate they are released?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This quote:

So I'm not really sure why the ADL is saying conspiracy theorists are going anti-semitic in relation to this...

This made me question if you had read the article and what exactly was the agenda you were pushing.

Both you and I know Israel, Jews, Zionists, are the targets of all kinds of theories. So why would you ask why the ADL was doing that? Then the story provides two examples of theories.

This is why I asked if you read the article.

It sounded like you were attacking the ADL's position and neither confirmed or denied the theory of Israel being behind the leaks.

This is why I questioned the context of the post.

By implied criticism of the ADL, some might take that as an implication that they are really covering up the truth, which to the extremist, would be that Israel really is behind the leaks. This would in effect make the leaks Anti Semitic, like the protocols, a so called proof of a conspiracy.

I know you know your audience on here and the anti Israel/Jews/Zionist crowd is quite large. Anything usually involving Israel, unless its clear and concise, will draw them out like sharks. Anything implied is taken literally.

Your response though was more clarifying for the audience.

I do jump the gun at times when the sharks are in the water.

The Pope story was really out of context though.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Both you and I know Israel, Jews, Zionists, are the targets of all kinds of theories.

Why are you implying that an illegal state, a religion and a racist political movement are targets of the same theories? Why are you implying that the zionists are targets when they make people and nations into targets? Why are you using a fallacy in argument ''both you and I know'' in order to garner sympathy from the readers?

Really...why? why? why?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Ive said from day 1 of these leaks that Assange was in some way assisted or run from Mossad.

Purely because of the lack of Israel/US cables, and because the most critical time for Zionist US control (9/11 + Iraq 03) are not in the time line of cables.

Now, that doesn’t deduct the importance and substance of the cables, they are still worthy of reading and of change.

But, why?

I honestly believe in back door corridors that Israeli Mossad is telling US officials

'' the longer you wait before you help us with Iran, Lebanon and Syria, the more cables we will allow to be released, and the more damaging the information released becomes ''

There's a massive internal battle going on over Assange, Israeli/British law circles VS US/British law circles are fighting to have him sent to the US.

edit on 29-12-2010 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Why are you implying that an illegal state, a religion and a racist political movement are targets of the same theories? Why are you implying that the zionists are targets when they make people and nations into targets? Why are you using a fallacy in argument ''both you and I know'' in order to garner sympathy from the readers?

Really...why? why? why?

They are often the targets of the same theories.

It wasn't till the 1960s, the theories even began to try to differentiate between them, at least among civilized people.

Most extremists, regardless of their ideology, do not differentiate at all between them and "you" know that.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

'' the longer you wait before you help us with Iran, Lebanon and Syria, the more cables we will allow to be released, and the more damaging the information released becomes ''

In the age of information, this tactic is likely to fail. The zionists have pushed the US around for far too long, it's only a matter of a relatively short amount of time before this results in a backlash that even they could not foresee.

It is obvious the zionists feel threatened by this, up to the point that their moves can be predicted by random internet visitors. That is not a good look.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Most extremists, regardless of their ideology, do not differentiate at all between them and "you" know that.

Again with MSM bullcrap. Most extremists? These are all logical fallacies. What extremists are you talking about? Do I need to guess? Most? The most of which extremists? All extremists? And can you give that 'most' more weight or is it just a reach for straws?

It is incredibly illogical to discuss zionist issues like you do. In real life, and I mean this in full seriousness, I've only seen really crazy people and psycopaths speak in defense of zionists. Total shells of men. Bat-ish crazy people that are not taken serious outside of their own deluded world.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Again with MSM bullcrap. Most extremists? These are all logical fallacies. What extremists are you talking about? Do I need to guess? Most? The most of which extremists? All extremists? And can you give that 'most' more weight or is it just a reach for straws?

It is incredibly illogical to discuss zionist issues like you do. In real life, and I mean this in full seriousness, I've only seen really crazy people and psycopaths speak in defense of zionists. Total shells of men. Bat-ish crazy people that are not taken serious outside of their own deluded world.

Islamic extremists and neo nazis generally never differentiate between Jews, Israel, or Zionists.

In real life there are different kinds of Zionists.

Did you know that?

Did you know they are not all crazy ultra nationalists?
Did you know that only some of them follow Judaism?

Whose using the logical fallacy now? Would you like some straws?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I am NOT against Jews or Israel,
however I'm sure somebody here will
label me that way.

IMO, the best thing America can do
is remove Jewish agendas/politics from Americas
foreign policies. Next, remove every single
American politician who has a dual
Israeli/American citizenship.

America is NOT Israel !!!
But you can't tell some people that
without being labeled anti-semite.
That is their self defense mechanism.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Actually it is not always the "Jewish agendas" that cause problems, for the most part the Jewish people, like Muslim people want to live in peace and to coexist with Israeli neighbors in peace.

The Zionists are the problem, and it must stand alone with that term, applying the Jewish term to the Zionist agenda is equally as unfair and wrong as tying the agendas of radical Muslims to all of Islam.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I am NOT against Jews or Israel,
however I'm sure somebody here will
label me that way.

America is NOT Israel !!!
But you can't tell some people that
without being labeled anti-semite.
That is their self defense mechanism.

Would you be open to removing Christian, Muslim, Atheist, New Age and Pagan agendas as well?

How about removing all dual citizenship?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
On it's face, this is so predictable it's sad. Hollywood wouldn't peddle this garbage for a bad Dystopian movie.

Pay no attention to the actual content of the documents, just argue amongst yourselves about "Patriotism", "anti-Semitism" and "National Security".

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Did you know that?

I think I do. You have those that plot and plan and those that are dumb and scared enough to follow. Am I close enough?

Did you know they are not all crazy ultra nationalists?
Did you know that only some of them follow Judaism?

I know all Zionists do not follow Judaism, I do know they all worship money as their god.

Not crazy ultra nationalists?

I think you need to understand what the word zionist means. Joe Biden is a self proclaimed zionist, I'd say that he is a money worshipping drone of ''Israel''. Judaism is irrelevant in this issue, as it is the dumb scared folk(and usually past criminals or self-proclaimed sinners) whom are drawn into organized religion.

My observation still stands for me, every single one person I've met that was in favour of zionism or the 'Jewish' battle against Islam was, bat-ish-insane. Cookoo, Cookoo insane, denying the place they were from insane. I'm willing to question your sanity as well. Are you by any chance religious?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I think I do. You have those that plot and plan and those that are dumb and scared enough to follow. Am I close enough?

Now you are just trolling.

I know all Zionists do not follow Judaism, I do know they all worship money as their god.

Not crazy ultra nationalists?

I think you need to understand what the word zionist means. Joe Biden is a self proclaimed zionist, I'd say that he is a money worshipping drone of ''Israel''. Judaism is irrelevant in this issue, as it is the dumb scared folk(and usually past criminals or self-proclaimed sinners) whom are drawn into organized religion.

My observation still stands for me, every single one person I've met that was in favour of zionism or the 'Jewish' battle against Islam was, bat-ish-insane. Cookoo, Cookoo insane, denying the place they were from insane. I'm willing to question your sanity as well. Are you by any chance religious?

You apparently don't know remotely anything about Zionism. You need to understand what Zion means.

The only person I see here with sanity issues, is the troll who has no idea what he's talking about.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

You need to understand what Zion means.

Am I correct when I say it is a geographical location(not all the time), found, based on writings, which have been used by a certain party to further their genocidal, moneymaking agenda?

Trolling? Not at all, I am just demonstrating your lack of logic.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What I don't always understand is why people think there are no cables about Israel?

There are, and there are more to come?
www.thejc.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Am I correct when I say it is a geographical location(not all the time), found, based on writings, which have been used by a certain party to further their genocidal, moneymaking agenda?

Trolling? Not at all, I am just demonstrating your lack of logic.

If you understood anything at all, it would be that Zion was the agenda. Zion is the whole point.

You havn't demonstrated anything but your ability to be contentious and narrow minded.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join