It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laundry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yes I have a rant about Laundry.

I live in a very small apartment building 10 people if that, and we only have one washer and one dryer. Now one would assume since there are so few people, there would be an unwritten rule to take your laundry out of the machines promptly. Well in my building there is the purple and blue laundry basket 2 people (or person) who decides to leave their clothes wet, in the washer for days at a time. Now I can understand 20/30 mins but 1, 2 or even 3 days, its not excusable to me.

Now I rant today because someone finally decided to take the persons clothing out of the washer Only to leave their stuff in the washer with NO basket... I have house guests in 3 hours and have no bedding and no washer dryer... Is it just me or are people just rude...

So insignificant but I needed to rant and here what others might suggest... I've left them notes on top of their laundry and I'm sick of it,

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Start taking their laundry out and leaving it on the floor. It's obvious they don't care about it if they're willing to leave it in the washer to get mouldy!

Or you could be "nice" and leave it in trash bags for them.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Can you find room in your bathroom for a very small washing machine and have a small dryer screwed to the above wall?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
you can buy machines that do like 6 - 12 pd that hook right up to a normal tap for about 200 might be worth the investment to avoid the laundry room all together

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kadmiel

Can't keep my own machine in my apartment its in my apartment contract that any appliances must me hooked up and approved by building management. Its a very old building so the plumbing sucks... My landlord also prohibits the hanging of paintings or curtains, blinds and window coverings (I ignored it and lost some of my deposit)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Don't tell him and when it comes to inspection times, move it to your bedroom and cover it with blankets or lay on the side with a large cloth and he'll think it's a table. You can buy a fitting to go on to your tap from your washing machine, screws on to like a hose fitting.

No curtains, blinds etc? That's just plain stupid on the landlord's part.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Inconsiderate people are probably hoping you will fold it and drop it off on their doorstep.
When my living arrangements required me to use a community laundry room I would take a book and wait for it to finish.
Off topic, my last roomates were wierd. They were a married couple and I swear to god from the moment they got home from work until the moment they left the washer and dryer were going non stop 7 days a week. I couldn't understand how 2 people could have that much laundry, I kept asking them if they just cycle all of there clothes through non stop even if they were clean. They said "no" that they only wash dirty clothes and couldn't understand how I could only do laundry once a week. It bothers me to this day, what the hell were they washing so much? My female roomate had boxes of clothes in the garage labled by season, like we lived in Alaska or something. We lived in the SF bay area, mild winters mild summers. Now that I live alone 1 bottle of detergant last me a long time, multiple months. These two went through a bottle every week.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rbilly001

I can see how they could get that many loads, I do about 2-4 loads a week depending on if someone is using the machine, I take a shower everyday and go through a lot of towels I only get one load of clothing, the rest is towels and bedding

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Tell your landlord to get the fancy machines that they have in high rise buildings which text you when your clothes are done

new topics

top topics

join