It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilot Punished for Video Critical of Airport Security Comes Forward, Won't Back Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Pilot Punished for Video Critical of Airport Security Comes Forward, Won't Back Down

www.foxnews.com

The California airline pilot punished by the Transportation Security Administration for posting videos critical of airport security has revealed his identity.

Chris Liu, who calls himself the "Patriot Pilot," says he was just trying to improve airport security when he released a recorded and posted online footage of San Francisco International Airport in which he criticized a number of procedures.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
caivn.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Feds Target Airline Pilot For Exposing TSA Security Sham on YouTube

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well our modern day hero has come forward!

Liu originally declined to identify himself in fear of retaliation but says he’s now going public in hopes of changing major security flaws.

Chris Liu was punished severely for speaking out about airport security flaws in airports, and criticized the TSA.

Liu had been part of a federal security program allowing him to carry a gun in the cockpit. But after he posted the video, federal agents showed up at his house Dec. 2 to confiscate his weapon and suspend his Federal Flight Deck Officer credentials.

Just days after the pilot posted a series of six video clips he recorded with his cell phone camera at San Francisco International Airport four Federal Air Marshals and two sheriff's deputies arrived at his house to confiscate his federally-issued firearm. The pilot recorded that event as well and provided all the video to News10.

At the same time as the federal marshals took the pilot's gun, a deputy sheriff asked him to surrender his state-issued permit to carry a concealed weapon.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well there you have it, for all those who want to believe the passengers screenings aren't some sinister plot. Obviously the screening process is a public-pacifying smoke and mirror show at best. There are ample opportunities for bad guys to do their thing outside of getting in line with the herd.

At worst, the fears of many are being realized: Screening the public in this way is a test-run/acclimatization to what we have to look forward to in the future. Why else would they concentrate so much effort on the front doors while leaving the back doors unguarded?

Perhaps we should start to think hard about why there hasn't been any incidents/attempts outside of the passenger cabin. Even everyday Joes (like my Dad...completely non-conspiracy minded) recognize that our borders are completely porous; That a shoulder launched missile could be brought over and deployed with unnerving ease. Add to that the unrestricted access that terminal personnel apparently have and something doesn't add up. Are we really faced with an ongoing threat of aircraft terrorism?

And this was SFO, a major international hub. There is really not a chance this is some fluke airport and that all the other airports out there have security buttoned down on all fronts. If SFO is like this, so goes the rest.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Good video. TSA caught with their pants down, and yet they're gonna try to fry this pilot. God forbid the truth be told!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
What was the lawful reason for confiscating his private weapon and right to carry? Did he break any laws? I don't see the videos as any type of law breaking, but I can see why they might remove him from the experimental program of arming him in the cockpit, but I can't imagine why they would suspend his pilot credentials or personal right to carry a firearm?

This has to be an easy lawsuit to file for infringement of his rights!

Edit to add:

Ok, the article doesn't mention anything about his personal right to carry or his personal firearm, and it says he is still employed as a pilot, and he resigned his position in the experimental program to avoid an investigation.

Liu has since resigned from his volunteer position as a Federal Flight Deck Officer to avoid an investigation.

He remains employed by the airline which has not yet been identified.

Everything else seems pretty normal.
edit on 29-12-2010 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Check the first Vid again, I believe that the reported stated it was a Federally issued firearm. I am not clear on the revocation of his concealed-carry permit though. If it was exclusively issued to him based on his participation in the program I can see them having justification, but I guess I thought you had to do something criminal in order to get one of those revoked, not just piss off an ABC agency?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
All of this, and they go after the good guy, lol. Well, I suppose the world has never been a safe place for whistleblowers, but there comes a time when the whole game gets old.

join