It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange to keep WikiLeaks afloat with money from book deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
this is quite interesting found this article on aussage getting a book deal.. thought i would share.

On Monday, New York publishing firm Alfred A. Knopf told the Associated Press the company had signed a deal with Mr. Assange for his autobiography “prior to the holidays.” Assange, who masterminded the Nov. 28 release of a flood of secret US diplomatic cables, told The Sunday Times of London the deal would bring in more than $1 million. He claimed $800,000 would come from Knopf and roughly $500,000 would be paid by British publisher Canongate.

“I didn’t want to write this book, but I have to,” Assange told the Sunday Times. He claimed to have already spent the equivalent of $310,000 on legal costs. “I need to defend myself and to keep WikiLeaks afloat,” he told the paper.

article is HERE

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I think its good, no matter what you think of assange and wikileaks, His info and the govt. reaction to wikileaks is waking alot of people up and their becoming more
aware of govt. corruption.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
But, it makes sense when a country is at war not to release documents that will put our troops or other civilians in harms way. He deserves what ever he gets.

join