It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone in Manchester UK? - Loud bang reported!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by recreateaplace

From what i remember reading, a sonic boom 'can' be heard from around 40 miles away? But i'd happily stand corrected on this.
I think it depends on speed and altitude?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Thats really weird because I live in Sydney Australia and I also heard a sonic kind of bang and a glow of light shot through the window some hours ago but when I looked out the window 10 mins later there was nothing.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Could be thunder i live in devon and a couple of weeks ago i heard an almighty bang at six in the morning,i was sure it was an explosion of some kind and was totally freaked out but later discovered it was just thunder,it was weird coz of the time of year and weaher conditions and the fact it only cracked once!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

It's a possibility but how is it I also heard a sonic boom some hours ago around the same time in Australia so far away from England yet our skies here are crystal clear.

Sure is weird...weird wired.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

By the time you hear a sonic boom, the aircraft would be significantly further across the sky than where you would be hearing the boom, if the aircraft was visible at all.

Australia and UK are at opposite ends of the world, so it certainly is not the same aircraft, or even same event, but it is possible that more than one alert went out at the same time and governments had to respond.

We have also had low-flying helicopters overhead a lot today, one just buzzed my building as I typed this response.

Are there any cooperative terror drills going on today or this week?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The last drill we had was last week so nothing on today however the last one I mentioned was kept secret until during the fact.

Definately something in the sky but what is anyone's guess.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Nothing mentioned on the news. Sorry if i worried anyone, was probably nothing.

Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ok i'l admit it, I live here in belfast & with the water being cutt here in recent days I had been long holding in my turd. Although the time came earlier in the evening when I could no longer hold back what nature had intended to be free, From a seating position I lifted both legs above my head & let off the most almighty fart known to man, it was so powerfull I actually followed through a little, apparantly it caused wide spread panic here in Belfast & one journalist commented on how the tremour was felt & heard across the water, naturally I thought he was joking but im beginning to wonder. Thats it decided, no brussel sprouts next year for me

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon
Could be thunder i live in devon and a couple of weeks ago i heard an almighty bang at six in the morning,i was sure it was an explosion of some kind and was totally freaked out but later discovered it was just thunder,it was weird coz of the time of year and weaher conditions and the fact it only cracked once!

We had some sort of large type boom here in ohio back in the 90s. It was so strong that it busted out windows at about 3 in the morning, woke me out of bed even. Man was it loud! And powerfull! Over the next free days news got out that is was heard over hundreds of miles all over the midwest US. Busted out windows over the same area.t The government go into it and said they had no idea what it was but that it did happen. I think you could look it up online.

Boom

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
was only reading this beacuse i saw uk am a british citizen but live in germany when you mentioned loud bang it made me think of the one i heard earlier i had my ipod in listening to prodigy full blast and i heard funnily enough a loud bang too alot later than the one you heard about quarter past 6 so quarter past 5 english time probably nothing i did look round and no traffic nothing in the sky just a random loud bang so i forgot aboput it untill i read your thread lol what a coincidance

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Wow that is a lot of accounts!! Perhaps it is meteors or something atmospheric? I think a meteor shower is just wrapping up right now, it could be sonic booms from meteors that aren't visible at the time?

I can't believe some of those accounts pre-dated air and jet travel. Imagine how scary that would have been! Absolutely no known cause for the sound, neighbors miles apart hearing similar things with no explanations!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yea there is one on that list about 2002 that may have been the one. But let me tell you it was scarry. After the boom it ripped into the night for a few seconds after but not like thunder. I was in the house and it shook me. Sounded like a great bomb going off way up high. It broke a ladies window out right down the road from me. She told me about it a few weeks later but reports came in the next day on the news. In fact i am going to look into it a bit more.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hi, my first post

Howdy, after watching a program about project aurora....

today around 16:05 i heard a loud "bang" which carried on as a long loud noise not going quite or louder then it just disappeared, Im stuck inside so could not get outside to see the sky and nothing could be seen from my window but it was in the sky and MUCH louder then a plan/ jumbo jet.

I am in wilmslow area of Manchester UK

regards

Leon

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join