It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legislators confronted with chemtrail concerns

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Like 911, aliens and other conspiracies, the chemtrail believers operate very similarly to a religion, in that one has fervent belief in the complete absence of evidence. They also remain impervious to reason and uneducated about or ignorant of the sciences.

Like other conspiracy freaks, they (OP included) feel that their beliefs are well-established and need "debunking", though they have not established their hypothesis as being even remotely sound. It looks as if others are attempting to reason with the believers here so I won't need to participate, though in my experience it's all for nought.

Best of luck, chemtrailers. The rational people will believe you when you have some evidence. I'd recommend educating yourselves on the facts though instead of looking up and trying to intuit your own explanations.

Spot on, it is a religion to them. They have faith that they are being sprayed, with no actual evidence of it. All their have is their own, and others, feelings they they are. And just as people believe in a god without every seeing it, they believe in a vast fleet of chemplanes, without ever having seen any such thing. And just as people believe in a heaven that has never been seem, chemmies believe in these secret chemplane bases that have never been seen or discovered yet.

And telling someone that chemtrails do not exist, brings about the same kind of react that if you tell someone their religious diety of choice does not exist. And just how religious people often are suspicious of science, so too are chemmies suspicious of anyone with factual knowledge about aviation, weather, and science .

So yes, it is like a religion to them. It is very faith based...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

That's rich, comparing chemtrailers to 911 truthers.
Thanks, since anyone that has paid any attention at all knows 911 was the biggest lie perpetrated on humanity probably ever.
Being skeptical is good, but at some point you have to face reality.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
That's rich, comparing chemtrailers to 911 truthers.
Thanks, since anyone that has paid any attention at all knows 911 was the biggest lie perpetrated on humanity probably ever.
Being skeptical is good, but at some point you have to face reality.

Facing reality is something I value very much. Though I find that testable evidence and scientific method to be probably the most valuable tools available to ascertain the truth. To date, chemtrails, 911, aliens and other popular "conspiracies" don't stand up to even the most basic scrutiny. That's a reality perhaps you may need to face.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
And why havent any of you been able to use google earth and find us a chemtrail base yet, or some fleet of planes?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

AS do you my friend, As do you. But in the words of a one Jack Nicholson.

So can you handle the truth, because IMHO you cannot.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Yes, that is where you get the truth.
Fitting.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Regarding a lot of the claims implying that chemtrail debunkers do not believe contrails affect weather, and everything is fine, I'd like to share an article that I have posted several times, but always seems to get passed by.

Clouds Caused By Aircraft Exhaust May Warm The U.S. Climate

NASA scientists have found that cirrus clouds, formed by contrails from aircraft engine exhaust, are capable of increasing average surface temperatures enough to account for a warming trend in the United States that occurred between 1975 and 1994.

Source

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus
Regarding a lot of the claims implying that chemtrail debunkers do not believe contrails affect weather, and everything is fine, I'd like to share an article that I have posted several times, but always seems to get passed by.

NASA scientists have found that cirrus clouds, formed by contrails from aircraft engine exhaust, are capable of increasing average surface temperatures enough to account for a warming trend in the United States that occurred between 1975 and 1994.

Source

But wait, didnt a certain chemtrailer tell us that cirrus has nothing to do with any of this? He did sort of duck out of that one as soon as a link for aviation cirrus was found.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Sorry for the off topic post, but I thought this was pretty funny

When chemtrailers get together to talk about proof of chemtrails, I bet it goes down a little something like this.

Now while watching the following Monty Python clip, every time they say the word "witch", just imagine they're saying "chemtrail".

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Chemtrails are either a hoax, or some very paranoid, mothers basement dwelling, tin foil hat wearing edgit ventured outside for the first time in 15 years, looked up and immediatley ran back to the basement and spread a theory on the internet about this strange phenomenon in the sky.

The more paranoid conspiracy theorists lapped it up and it spread like wildfire.

What no-one took into account was:

a) The amount of passenger planes in the modern world.
b) The lack of effect these so called "chemtrails" were having on the population
c) The fact that the people who they think are behind this are seen outside in day to day life, why would they if they ordered toxins sprayed into the atmosphere? (think someone else mentioned this in this thread)
d) Where is the damage to widlife and plants? the stuff they claim is being sprayed would be killing them.
e) Why do they stay in the air and dissipate and not fall to the ground?

Those are contrails people, for the sake of your own sanity and peace of mind, research them, understand them, then you will finally sleep well at night.

Happy new year, peace and happiness to all

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot

Source

But wait, didnt a certain chemtrailer tell us that cirrus has nothing to do with any of this? He did sort of duck out of that one as soon as a link for aviation cirrus was found.

Hmmm, I believe you're right.

Let's see if they acknowledge the link this time

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

I have a question for you if that's ok? So there is a sizable number of chemtrail jets am I correct? Where are all these planes flying out( what bases are they located.) of? Why do we not have pics of these flights, I always hear the argument, You have a phone, take a picture.And yet nothing why? That's all for now, I will give you time to digest that but I have a few more questions. If your up to it. All I am asking is to get the answers to my questions and with you being a staunch chemtrail believer you should have no problem answering these questions, correct?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
www.atmosphere.mpg.de...

The condensation trails (contrails) which are often formed behind an airplane due to water and particle emissions can grow into cirrus clouds.

And a basic webpage of cloud that chemmies should read through and at least learn something.

www.pilotoutlook.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

Just checked out your links.

Very informative. All chemtrail subscribers should read through those sites.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Thanks

You know they will either ignore it, or claim its just a disnfo site by TPTB to make people think chemtrails are normal

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Thanks

You know they will either ignore it, or claim its just a disnfo site by TPTB to make people think chemtrails are normal

Unfortunately, I believe you're right. It's a shame that wild fear mongering is favored over actual science

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There is a video posted in one of these threads, where some crazy lady actually pulls out a NASA cloud chart, and claims that new cloud types were invented to cover up chemtrails. Now thats paranoid, and on the level of crazy rainbow lady video insanity.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

There is a video posted in one of these threads, where some crazy lady actually pulls out a NASA cloud chart, and claims that new cloud types were invented to cover up chemtrails. Now thats paranoid, and on the level of crazy rainbow lady video insanity.

OMG, my cheeks hurt form laughing so hard

Lol @ :10

"it says Sky Watcher Chart from NASA...I *expletive deleted* my pants, three quarters of the clouds on here are chem-clouds"

And my favorite @ 1:00

"The cottage cheese one I talk about, it's a real severe, newer chem-cloud fabrication, they give it a name now, altocumulus, this is BRAND NEW now, this is 2010".

All this cloud WIZARDRY has made me have to check my pants!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

From the video:

cirro-CUM-yoo-luss

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

No kidding

That lady is hysterical.

"The only real clouds we have are the cum...cumulus L1 and L2"

new topics