It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The arrogance of the atheists

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

However, I'm going to point to something else: How arrogant is it to assume that the billions of dollars a year that go into fields of science like biology, radiometric dating, etc....are just wrong?

Please explain to me how the dollar amount of the funding into the dating methods has any bearing on it's accuracy or lack thereof.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

it was never the title, it was "your" comments, attitude and "your" accusations that I know for a fact are wrong (no faith applies it was direct revelation in my case)

OK it was an attack - I get it now! "For a Fact"? - yeah right, as if you could ever prove it! But anyway can we stick to the thread title.

As stated Atheists are not arrogant they just differ in opinion & get wrongly branded!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

yes like a magnet... so I and others are able to add any professed attackers to the rivals list, which is growing and I really do not want to commit the list to memory only.

I only wish to avoid these aggressors...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

I only wish to avoid these aggressors...

Aggressors?

Good grief.

So people who attempt to defend themselves against your generalizations and insults are the aggressors? Didn't you create your own thread with almost exactly the same title as this? Ah yes, I recall, it was called: Are Atheist Arrogant and after dozens of atheists defended themselves without a shred of arrogance you still professed that they were arrogant. Like a troll you coaxed them in becoming more bold and assertive until you could stamp your seal of arrogance upon them. Just three pages in you accused someone of hate speech and said they should be banned

you know I am surprised you have not been banned long ago for all the hate speech

You then made this assertion and backed it up with nothing:

Atheists argue constantly that they are smarter than the rest of the majority of the planet

Followed by this:

And have no conception of understanding and equality. Atheists think the world does not exist except the world they perceive and actually have no insight to equality.

Later on in a direct response to me you claimed:

Atheist have no originality or anything special to offer... they only lack knowledge of human history and philosophy in general.

You go around asserting these opinions in the form of insulting generalizations about atheists, you back up these assertions with nothing and then you claim atheists are bullying you or being arrogant when your opinions are shown to be baseless nonsense.

My favorite all time Cosmic.Artifact quote can be found here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

(Atheists are thieves) that lack critical / original thought...

You accused all atheists of stealing and we're the aggressors? I'd be angry if I weren't so amused watching a troll such as yourself squirm

If anyone is curious here are the sources for the quotes so you can read them in context of the full discussion and judge things for yourself:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 31-12-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

and we will not argue a circular argument, but for it to be a direct insult one would have to profess a belief in Atheism, its a word just like Theism... theism professes faith in something.

why not just avoid the topic then if Atheism is not just a tool/excuse to attack others...

I was attacked first here yes, and I sinned against the atheists joining them in their game...

for that I will try to make amends and apologize yet again. I call a truce on the Atheist and will try not to disrespect any here as I go now, but they must also.

there is no use in going into who threw the first punches though because by American law that is guilt.

my post history could not be that long if some may wish to research it ? though I have stated multiple times the reason why I made my topics were in response.

it is done, we just do not need to talk any longer from here... but some of you guys must commit also to any new topics and possibly even posts attacking Christians or any others for that matter.

Peace and love to Atheism

edit on 12/31/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Carl Sagan is an example of an Atheist that I respect. His contributions to astronomy are amazing as are his insights into the working of the universe and he did not present himself as arrogant he seemed very wise.
Clips from his show even make for a great music video

edit on 31-12-2010 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Sagan was very wise yes, he taught me so much about history, more so than any of my teachers in school had, we are very lucky to have his series.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by SaturnFX

As bad as I know it's gonna hurt you to hear it, we ARE more alike than you like to believe.

Have you ever checked out the link in my signature? It has all those things you're looking to read about: terraforming of earth, aliens, the whole nine yards. Go see! Makes a whole lotta sense to me.

Yep, even have it bookmarked. fascinating work.
I am looking forward to their revealings actually. Not because it would prove aliens or anything, but it might shake up a few old religious beliefs enough to get people questioning once again. Something we haven't done as a civilization in over 500+ years collectively.

Again, another thread entirely for that subject.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

I am debating weather to even read your style of discussion also SFX.

Did you ever learn to write in paragraph form instead of only taking a poster and adding comments to their every sentence or so ?

I write point by point because typically in your postings, you try to make a whole bunch of randomness. It is simply a time honored way of breaking apart a post into the different relevant sections, else the response sounds distorted and without proper reference.
Here is a hint for you though, When I am responding to one of your posts, its rarely for you to read...is for the lurkers to read..those simply reading through the discussions. You? Well hell, I know you don't read anything I or several others say to you anyhow. If I was typing just to educate you, well, I can find far better things to do with my fingers verses waste effort typing at your response.

There is no real dillema here. I say things that go against your specific belief, you have proven time and time again you simply ignore those whom say things different than your mindset, so I would expect you to ignore anything I write.

And will reitirate, I am not responding to you specifically..in the same way that a political debate on television is not directed at just two people..its for the watching crowd to absorb.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

YAY for you! Isn't it terribly interesting?! It has truly changed the way I view whole scientific and creative concepts. Just awesome!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

yes but we are not on the same page anyway, so in other words that style has been used as an attack on others, do you think I only believe it is me ? you are mistaken...

I have posted very good points in topic that when it is true, it gets glossed over by too many posters making other points, so in effect those posters never really had a way to defeat what I was saying.

In yet other words, how can one describe being trolled ? by a group of the people to top it off...

One thing I surely will not admit to is that I did not have any good points to be made but only the truth in them has never been addressed.

In fact what you are stating is an insult, can you not see that SFX ?

you lie, and that is not a good thing bro... work on it.

There is no real dillema here. I say things that go against your specific belief, you have proven time and time again you simply ignore those whom say things different than your mindset, so I would expect you to ignore anything I write.

I have never even had a debate with you or any body here for that matter, you guys have not given me the chance, all I have had is relentless repeating of what you are claiming here, so if you ignore me I will ignore you also.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35

YAY for you! Isn't it terribly interesting?! It has truly changed the way I view whole scientific and creative concepts. Just awesome!

I find that work is actually important. I am inclined to be open to the idea that those folks did experience some things of significance. It smells slightly of the raelian cult, but hey, they actually make alot more sense than most structured religions also by comparison. Anyhow, I don't expect the project to really go anywhere. What they are translating goes against all concepts of judism..even if it is a direct translation. People are pretty dug into the corrupted teachings verses the actual words..people hate second guessing what they were taught as a kid usually. It takes personal strength to try and find truth beyond dug in belief.

Besides, what happens if the council of the lords comes back to earth and wonders wtf all these churches and whatnots are...man are they gonna get pissed.

Would make a brilliant sci-fi show/series..and who knows...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

It WOULD make an excellent sci-fi movie! Religious intrigue and millenia of human machinations to hide the true words. So cool.

I am aware that it may never go mainstream, but I don't think that is what the team is worried about. I think they know it will be received by those it's meant for.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

yes but we are not on the same page anyway, so in other words that style has been used as an attack on others, do you think I only believe it is me ? you are mistaken...
The "style" is to address the laundry list you make in each post..like this one. See, I have to break this apart to address the different aspects you bring up in a single post. You give a checklist and expect someone to sound sane without breaking it down. If you want a simple paragraph response, you need to choose one thing you want a response to. not say 14 different things at once.

I have posted very good points in topic that when it is true, it gets glossed over by too many posters making other points, so in effect those posters never really had a way to defeat what I was saying.
Although I do not offhand know of any good points you have made that has been glossed over, I will also admit that it is possible. Especially if you tried to make a point sandwiched in a bunch of other non-points, insults, bigot rants, etc. If your self sabotaging yourself, then ya...you only have yourself to blame.

In yet other words, how can one describe being trolled ? by a group of the people to top it off...
A troll...do you know what the net definition of a troll even is? Go do a quick google and read it. You will find you are all but a zen master at it, and in your own thread.

Consider today when you had at least one of your alt's banned for being a minge. as you said, you created 6 other avi's last night for...whatever purpose. Agreeing with yourself in your threads, or whatever else purposes you have. That is trolling mate. You cannot defend it, just man up and accept your not perfect...perhaps apologise for your behavior and try to start on a new foot.

But I reckon you enjoy your flame wars on ATS...getting you to drop your insane pride seems highly unlikely.

One thing I surely will not admit to is that I did not have any good points to be made but only the truth in them has never been addressed.
Actually, I think all my personal points are good...but you know what, a bit of humility and age has taught me that just because I think they are good points, doesn't mean they actually are good points.
If you feel some of your more valid and relevant points have not been addressed...well, speak up and state just that.
But keep in mind, "Atheists suck and need to die in fire" is not an actual point...thats an opinion that does not need much addressing beyond a middle finger extended.

In fact what you are stating is an insult, can you not see that SFX ?
What am I stating? Oh, make no mistake, I have most certainly insulted your postings and mindset. You personally, I don't know from Adam. Hell, you and I might work together and be great friends..who knows. but on here, in this forum, you are the epitome of close minded bigotry that has chased soo many people away from structured relgiion in the last 50 years that the church is floundering now.
Pride, arrogance, zealout viewpoints, denial of any scientific methods, etc...its a relic standpoint. Poison in the fruit on the tree is what your offering.

However, don't take my word for it...I am just one of those baby eating atheists. Find some fair and calm 3rd partys here on ATS that have followed your threads. JennyBee seems to be a good source. She is religious to an extent, she seems open to both sides. Ask her in a U2U how you come off and no matter what she says, do not defend..just accept and thank her for the time she -may- offer you. Take the constructive criticism to heart and look in the mirror.

you lie, and that is not a good thing bro... work on it.

I rarely lie on purpose. The truth is far more interesting, and less to remember.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

yes I have tried that...

but you leave no room for debate when you dictate correct ?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

yes I have tried that...

but you leave no room for debate when you dictate correct ?

Well, I think I do. I know what your getting at though, You say your thing, then you see a wall of text of someone responding to every single thing you have said, then you in turn are not sure how to even start tackling that.

But, that is your issue. You are the one saying a ton of different things in one post. Some will pick out a single thing from your post and hit that, and you will complain the other stuff got glossed over...or, others, like myself, often will respond point by point and make it seem like we are all but shutting down debate. That is not the case.

You have the ability to dictate how points will be addressed...either in a chaotic flurry in a single post, which you seem to do normally, or a bit by bit discussion over time which can further a single point or idea.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
The "style" is to address the laundry list you make in each post..like this one.

laundry list ? please clarify...

See, I have to break this apart to address the different aspects you bring up in a single post. You give a checklist and expect someone to sound sane without breaking it down

what you can not formulate a response from what you have read ? you must be a busy man

If you want a simple paragraph response, you need to choose one thing you want a response to. not say 14 different things at once.

kinda like you are doing now ? and hence I have to break it down for you.. Sorry man I do not have to do that, or respond this way.. but saying a lot of thoughts and opinions is how one holds a conversation in case you forgot ? It is however very easy, actually alot easier to respond like this, specially when ones mindset is programmed the way yours is.

Although I do not offhand know of any good points you have made that has been glossed over,

no I do not either but you would seem to claim that you do via your last response to me, but thats right you may not remember what you just said let me re-quote you

so you would seem to imply something entirely different, which goes against saying you do not know off hand any points I have made or good points at any rate, and also confirm that we have not had any discussions together but then again claim that we have. can you say circular-thought-pattern

I will also admit that it is possible. Especially if you tried to make a point sandwiched in a bunch of other non-points, insults, bigot rants, etc.

yes thank you for acknowledgment and actually speaking truth for a change.

If your self sabotaging yourself, then ya...you only have yourself to blame.

self sabotage ? myself to blame ? oh that's a good one... I have heard that before
and from master trolls too I might add, it's getting rather lame.

A troll...do you know what the net definition of a troll even is?

yes I do, you fit the definition pretty well... I guess everyone is a disinfo agent too then right ? even a response could be considered a trolling attempt as soon as one party does not agree. Are you now also dictating the definition of who get to be a troll ?

Go do a quick google and read it. You will find you are all but a zen master at it, and in your own thread.

I did a search and what came up was MIMS and SFX, also various staff at ats

Consider today when you had at least one of your alt's banned for being a minge

consider this.. I did it on purpose and posted in my own topic exposing myself clearly and out in the open about it simply to prove the point that i can be done... have you guys fixed that yet ?

as you said, you created 6 other avi's last night for...whatever purpose

again I was proving a point in that thread and you know it, what do you not understand ? and why do you fear it ? I have only one username I wish to use and it is the one I am using now, you can not defeat it !

Agreeing with yourself in your threads, or whatever else purposes you have.

see this is why I tell you again, you are going in circles in your logic... this is why I call you MIMS brother, or actually the same person really.

That is trolling mate

yes you do it all the time, and I realize you are doing it and can not help yourself

You cannot defend it, just man up and accept your not perfect...

there is no manning up, am I to consider this an act of trolling or an insult ?

perhaps apologise for your behavior and try to start on a new foot.

I need no apology nor do I need to apologize to you... I have given apology to those whom have deserved it and that I may feel I have offended... if you have not had any real discussion with me why do I own you an apology ? are you dictating words whilst belittling here ?

But I reckon you enjoy your flame wars on ATS...getting you to drop your insane pride seems highly unlikely.

ok you seem to be getting mad here as I am going along doing my thing like you do... I do not understand all your direction of anger, is there something we may help you with ? all you need is some good love man and kindness to others.

Actually, I think all my personal points are good...

what personal points ? have we had much discussion.. I have added you to my rivals after I have seen how you speak to others, nothing more to comment there.

but you know what, a bit of humility and age has taught me that just because I think they are good points,

humility and age huh ? what this sounds like is that you think you know better than others or others should automatically respect you because of age or something ! epic fail right there...

doesn't mean they actually are good points

maybe not to you or by your definition, but who is to say ? its is all a matter of perception and not just yours may I remind you.

But keep in mind, "Atheists suck and need to die in fire"

please stop doing that and putting words in my mouth in front of others relying on your fame here to discredit me or to get others to believe you.. will you please dig out that exact topic in which I said anything like that ? all I have done was made fun of their style.

is not an actual point...thats an opinion that does not need much addressing beyond a middle finger extended.

well don't get mad now SFX because you know you can no prove exactly what you said that I have told others in your quote directly above this one.
oh now the rest of this I will just laugh at, I must really have you working it huh ? hopefully I will be able to discredit this SaturnFX just as well as I have done to MIMS, don't slip up any more it is beginning to make you look bad.

oh and you are a liar, and a cheat btw... like we all don't know that by now

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

so if I keep doing that then it is alot of work to address me back right ?

then I guess it will just look all professional and be held as truth because it really is ha !

I will get the hang of it for sure, once I learn to play your game... in time my friend in time.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

and I can count the question marks in my reply to you if you are too busy to address any of them ?

let me know... hopefully you will address them like a normal person and I will not have to respond to you like I have in my mass-quoted post using rhetorical MIMS & SFX style discussion.

this could be fun actually because I think I will have you apologizing to me alot faster this way.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join