It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Issues With Earths Elliptical Orbit - We Only Have 2 Years Left!...According To This Guy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It is a good story, but I am sorry to tell those who want to believe it that this is indeed just a story.

How many times when you are telling a recalling a real conversation do you say, "as I spoke to members of my family, in English..."

Never in my life, as I am recounting a conversation I have had with someone have I ever felt a need to explain what language we spoke in. That's like saying, 'I spoke with my mother today. She is not happy with what I have done with my life. She began yelling at me, in English, that I should go back to school"

See the problem there?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The way this is written says hoax to me - and, in fact, it has been identified as such on other threads.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Did you do any research on this before posting it? I have to disagree, imo it's not a good read, it's just spreading baseless and improperly researched negativity unnecessarily.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I call BS. If the earth was on a elliptical rotation around the sun we would have two hot seasons ( when earth is close to sun) and two very cold seasons every year (when earth is farthest away.) this story makes no since to me. the reasons we have seasons is because the earth is at a tilt that’s why the northern hemisphere is cold right now and the southern is hot. If we were at an elliptical rotation I would assume the whole planet would experience cold and hot weather at the same time.

I call BS
You're correct in stating that our seasons are a result of our axis, but I feel the need to chime in and add that the Earth's distance to the Sun does not affect the seasons the way you describe. We do have an eliptical orbit around the Sun, and in the Northern hemisphere the Earth is closer to the Sun in Winter. That said..........I call BS too. .

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Cross posting is not allowed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

15d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance written permission from TAN or their agents). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join