It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun's Path in 2010: in a single frame (Time lapsed- very interesting)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Easiest way to explain the 8-shape is with this picture.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LiteraryOneTwo

Awesome thread these pictures are amazing. Thank you OP or turning me onto something new. I am going to have to give this a try this year.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IrishTruckie

Yes! The sun just sets there but the orbit of the earth and the wobble of the earth’s axis make the sun look like it moves in the figure 8 pattern. You can duplicate this motion, of the earth’s axis, with a top, gyro, or even a penny.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by matrixportal

Solar figure 8 - on its side represents the Infinite - also an Egypt symbol

Infinity = Eternal

Christ the Son = Sun

Eternal Light - Radiant Sun

Giver of both life and death

I don't know why people can't see this - it was from long ago and they didn't understand, but the mathematics made it possible to understand. In terms of cycles and position

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I love these kinds of threads. Thanks for bringing this to my awareness!

Another thing that amazes me is how the Moon's profile changes throughout the year, yet we still only see half of it, in slightly different positions, due to the wobble of Earth and the moon. I also enjoyed that animated gif of the annual full moons we see (I saved it), and the pinhole photographs of half of the year's sun's path in the sky.

One of the reasons I love to visit ATS! Kudos!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil3unnie

Glad you and all have liked this one. It has turned out to be an interesting one. I think we should have an ATS contest to see who can do the best one-maybe even an annual one. I think it could be come a hit. One never knows.

Listen. If you, or anyone does try this, please U2U me with your results. I would appreciate that greatly. Enjoy.

Happy New Year. What a good time to start this project. i would but I don't have the equipment.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I can only hope for clear days, but duly noted, anon72. I had overcast skies for the equinox eclipse, and the Geminids shower also. I wanted to shoot more time elapsed photos at night, and I believe I have the filters to shoot the sun in the day. I may try this if I find a nice spot. I live in the city but have a large parking lot at work, and security knows me well (after 23 years of round the clock passages).

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

I am glad you saw my post. Please do and good luck.

Maybe someday when I retire I can get into stuff like that. My main goal now is a personal observatory. I will expand that from there to photography then.

Wish I could make money doing it.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Wow... nice work OP.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I have been scoping out a place where I think I can do this-effectively.

I have extremely limited experience with camera's but this story got me and wife going. Give us something to do.

The problem I see is that it will end up being like a New Years Resolution..... (I admit I don't have the best track record for long lasting/time comsuming projects.

When I build my personal observator-for sure. Well, and retire...

Anyone else decided to attempt this experiment/feat?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join