It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Homo-Sapiens were from Israel ! but we heard they were from Africa ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Once again a finding like this, reinforces the Truths!

That we Humans, need to stop acting so arrogant when it comes to US thinking we know every damn thing. We walk around with our ipads cell phones and fancy cars that money can buy thinking we are our own Gods and what have you, thinking the Universe is ours, yet in the scheme of things our history is filled with ignorance. Once again the scientist don't know anything, now lets see what they say about this, how do they fix the science story of so called fact that we are all from Africa.

We know nothing of our past..

draw your own conclusions.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
Once again the scientist don't know anything, now lets see what they say about this, how do they fix the science story of so called fact that we are all from Africa.

We know nothing of our past..

draw your own conclusions.

So who do you think came up with this little nugget? Santa's elves? Sorry...it's science!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
really makes you think no

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
double post sorry

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I don't know would be sufficient when asked where we come from.. Is my point..... Or how old our race is, instead of people trying to say we all came from Africa...

research is more like it.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Don't get me wrong, I am not a skeptic, and I do think that we have been around much longer than we have been told. I just find it odd that they find something all of a sudden that rewrites history and all of a sudden modern science is willing to accept it as truth.

Thanks for posting, I agreed with you, this is one revelation after another, there is definitely something fishy going around here. Somewhere down the line I think they wanted to make correction to their previous told stories as more people are finding truth about them, and they are doing that by creating more lies and confusion by stories like these. Sometimes I feel like we would never find the truth until we depart from earth.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by vinay86
Somewhere down the line I think they wanted to make correction to their previous told stories as more people are finding truth about them, and they are doing that by creating more lies and confusion by stories like these. Sometimes I feel like we would never find the truth until we depart from earth.

Whatever theory we are working on is based upon our best information at that time. When the info changes, so does the story. If it didn't you'd cry 'cover-up'. When it does, you cry 'lies'.

You can't have it both ways...and please recall the motto of this site...
Deny Ignorance.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
something to think about...
Israel & the Palestine are riddled with all sorts of caves and ancient hovels of villages where scientists & anthropoligists are finding evidence of ancient humans living nearby Neanderthals...and now this new
evidence that the recently uncovered modern mans teeth are twice as old as formerly acknowledged they should be.

1. Are/Is the desert soils in this area better in perserving ancient evidence?
2. Or, was this land bridge between Africa and Asia just a more heavily traveled migration route?
3. or, is the Tel Aviv university just so overwhelmed in archeology students that they conduct 1000X
more excavations than would happen in normal conditions?

the collective memory, might be influenced into creating 'spiritual entities' because of the diverse kinds of
humans & manlike beings that lived in the middle east over the epochs... ergo the desert dwellers created
both Hebrew & Judism along with Mohammad and their followers in the respective faiths

My wild speculation is that the 'modern' teeth found in the cave
were likely from the Biblical 'Lilith' or from her lineage.
edit on 30-12-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
1. Are/Is the desert soils in this area better in perserving ancient evidence?
2. Or, was this land bridge between Africa and Asia just a more heavily traveled migration route?
3. or, is the Tel Aviv university just so overwhelmed in archeology students that they conduct 1000X
more excavations than would happen in normal conditions?

and the answer is...Yes!
Including the fact that for a government that bases its legitimacy on the land upon its supposed tenure on the land, Archaeology is, indeed, a weapon. But i don't think it arises in this particular case.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

Thanks for posting, I agreed with you, this is one revelation after another, there is definitely something fishy going around here. Somewhere down the line I think they wanted to make correction to their previous told stories as more people are finding truth about them, and they are doing that by creating more lies and confusion by stories like these. Sometimes I feel like we would never find the truth until we depart from earth.

No problem, I always enjoy posting when a member makes an interesting thread. Thank you for posting this. There are a few different threads on this, but I think your OP was more inquisitive as for the reasons for this is being made public and has lead to some good discussion.

I never thought of it like that, but since you mentioned it, it makes perfect sense that they would try to correct all their previous errors and misinformation by making a story like this mainstream.

If they are willing to admit that ancient Judea had modern humans 400 thousand years ago, it only leaves me curious as to what other bits of information they are willing to release in the near future. My only fear is that this is some type of publicity stunt or misinformation campaign.

Let us hope for the best, and perhaps this will open up the doors for more finds from that time period and region.

edit on 30-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: correction

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I never thought of it like that, but since you mentioned it, it makes perfect sense that they would try to correct all their previous errors and misinformation by making a story like this mainstream.

Guys, guys....
How is it that releasing the results of academic study is deemed conspiratorial? Like I said, you can't have it both ways, and further...as one who conducts a certain amount of research myself...how should I go about releasing new information in a manner that suits you? Cuz right now I use peer-review and press releases.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Guys, guys.... How is it that releasing the results of academic study is deemed conspiratorial? Like I said, you can't have it both ways, and further...as one who conducts a certain amount of research myself...how should I go about releasing new information in a manner that suits you? Cuz right now I use peer-review and press releases.

I do not recall using the word "conspiratorial". This is not even an academic study yet, as there are no results to dispute or even call a conspiracy. Perhaps you misread my post. It's all good, but that is not what I meant at all.

Would you care to show me some credible blogs that have some review from their peers? It is a bit early for that my friend. Perhaps you missed the part of my posts that said we should wait for tests to come in and get a more in depth study of the techniques use to date this find. I am confident that no legit scientist would claim this to be solid proof until all steps of the scientific method are properly implemented. We are still in the hypothesis stage.

I want this to be true as much as the next guy. I find it unfair to accuse us of crying conspiracy when all we said was that we want this looked into more so we can find out if it is true or not.

Now that you have mentioned it, I do see some possible conspiracy in this whole story

Cheers!
edit on 30-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: add emoticons

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

I don't know would be sufficient when asked where we come from.. Is my point..... Or how old our race is, instead of people trying to say we all came from Africa...

That part of the story is a done deal. DNA proves it. We don't really know how many migrations there were out of Africa - or into Africa -- before that. That's why this find is interesting. It pushes back some dates, but it does not push them back so far that everything else we have learned is suddenly invalid. Only in the MSM will you find such sensationalistic claims.

The interesting thing about the study of hominim evolution is that subsequent finds have always corroborated previous finds. Also, the tools available to help in this analysis have increased as well. For example, dating techniques have allowed archaeologists to eliminate dubious theories. Carbon 14 dating finally drove the stake through the heart of Piltdown Man, a fake that was a part of popular culture far more than it ever was a fixture in the scientific establishment. One anthropologist even nailed the orangutang jaw bone within weeks of the find, but nobody listened to him. Having Great Britain get in on the early man sweepstakes was far more important.

Then completely out of left field from an entirely different direction comes DNA. The more we find out about it and the more we apply it the more it corroborates the palentological record. Mitochnodrial Eve is as established a fact as you will find in science. That doesn't mean we know for sure what happened before that, but the newer finds still are fitting nicely into place in this jigsaw puzzle. We've had recent advances with Neanderthal proving that we are at least cousins. We've had a recent new find ion China suggesting a Neanderthal variant was there. These newer finds fill in some pieces, but NONE of them contradict what we already know. They simply paint a broader picture of human origins. What we know now is vastly more complete than even fifty years ago.

Of course, people still claim it was space aliens or God that did it all, and if people believe that, there's not much anyone can do for them.
edit on 12/30/2010 by schuyler because: spelling, as usual

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Would you care to show me some credible blogs that have some review from their peers? It is a bit early for that my friend. Perhaps you missed the part of my posts that said we should wait for tests to come in and get a more in depth study of the techniques use to date this find. I am confident that no legit scientist would claim this to be solid proof until all steps of the scientific method are properly implemented. We are still in the hypothesis stage.

You might want to follow up on the American Journal of Physical Anthropology onlinelibrary.wiley.com...
It's kinda like a blog for...you know...eggheads, eh?
edit on 30-12-2010 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Thank you for posting that link . I look forward to registering and reading up on it when I get the chance. It wanted me to register and just don't have the motivation to do so at this time but I definitely plan on it later on.

I wonder if anyone knows exactly when this find was made. I have read the threads on this and a few other articles from other sources and do not remember if the date of the find was mentioned. The available information on that journal seemed interesting and legit.

This is why I love ATS, always so much great stuff to discuss

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
I find it amazing that we as modern humans do not know why when or how, humans populated the Earth. The out of Africa theory never rang true to me. The 2 main theories, was that first man came from Africa and migrated the world, the second theory is that 1st man migrated out of Africa and interbred with indegengous beings around the world, this theory, always made me wonder then who were these indeginous peoples? Personally, I believe in ET intervention, and planetary migration, this is my theory, that beings migrated to Earth from more likely Mars, as their planet became less inhabitable(though I do think in some areas Mars is still imhabited).

Of course you are not going to understand the second theory if you don't bother to find out what it is.
That's like me not understanding why mathematicians say 2 + 2 = 7.

The theory is that successive waves of immigration came out of Africa, with later groups undergoing some, very limited, interbreeding with "indiginous" groups from earlier waves.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Thanks for posting, I think the first civilization was originally from south Africa, because there are so many of ancient monuments and mines littered all over that place setup by so called annunaki which many don't believe, so i think this current discovery is just to overshadow that fact and glorify their Christian god or whatever religious agenda.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the post (though the title is a little misleading).
It is always great to see another little piece of the puzzle that is the history of life on Earth fitted into place.

It always makes me chuckle to realize, the more we learn..the less sure we are of what we know.
edit on 1-1-2011 by Noncompatible because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
"First Homo-Sapiens were from Israel ! but we heard they were from Africa ?

that's not what is being proposed... it is only modern mans' teeth were found that preliminary dating
puts at 400,000 years old.... which is about 150,000 years older than past best estimates were of modern man.

The found teeth have not been antiquity proven yet, so its only speculation.

now, i would tell you that the present modern human evolution originated out of Africa, like several posts state--all based on the mitochrondral DNA. Your thread title seems to be hinting at human-mankind, created by the Tribal God, is somehow intertwined with the Middle East Israel.
Wrong... the Tribal God created only 'Adamic' man...and not the whole evolutionary tree that leads to humans.

Evolutionary humans are different from the 'Adamic' man found in the Bible account.

'Adamic' man, originating in the Garden Eden (likely the present Persian Gulf) are not the modern humans of the evolutionary tree... the Tribal creator did gene or DNA manipulation to the evolutionary men that were from the ground/clay/Nature/Earth... and the Gods bestowing the art & gift of language, reasoning, logic, mathematics, were the 'creation', seperating the 'Adamic' man from the baser instincts of Nature was also the moment of creating the world.

as i suggested earlier, these modern teeth in the article, found recently in 2010(last year) may well be the remains of some of the earlier 'Adamic' humans that migrated out of Eden as it flooded...
which was probably NOT at the end of this recent Ice Age ~12,000bce, but likely an earlier Ice Age.

I can't stress enough that the Biblical creator God is only a small cog in the Cosmic Mill, a footnote, an important footnote but not as you've/we've been indoctrinated into accepting.

It is still possible that Homo-Sapiens began in the Indus, but migrations, calamities, favorable conditions all combined to make Africa the point where all 'modern' humans radiated from, because thats where the mitochrondal Eve was from.... but even that will be open to interpetation as the statistical variations in DNA just might be a misleading model to follow.... the diversity might be at the termination end rather than the origination end of the hypothetical migrations.

just too much to address in a sitting, thats why some people devote their lifes to the study of such matters.

have a prosperous 2011
edit on 2-1-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
now, i would tell you that the present modern human evolution originated out of Africa, like several posts state--all based on the mitochrondral DNA. Your thread title seems to be hinting at human-mankind, created by the Tribal God, is somehow intertwined with the Middle East Israel.
Wrong... the Tribal God created only 'Adamic' man...and not the whole evolutionary tree that leads to humans.
Evolutionary humans are different from the 'Adamic' man found in the Bible account.
It is still possible that Homo-Sapiens began in the Indus, but migrations, calamities, favorable conditions all combined to make Africa the point where all 'modern' humans radiated from, because thats where the mitochrondal Eve was from.... but even that will be open to interpetation as the statistical variations in DNA just might be a misleading model to follow.... the diversity might be at the termination end rather than the origination end of the hypothetical migrations.

Thanks for sharing that, I agreed with you that adamic man in the bible is different from the evolutionary man but the mainstream science wants to merge those two to glorify their religion and so called gods. And if this news is given more importance by those scientists than i believe that would be the message they would like to disperse indirectly.
I also believe that origin of modern humans is from Africa, The recently discovered stone ruins in south africa dating to thousands of years predating any known civilization and in an huge area of over 1500 sq miles suggests that, the researchers have also found an oldest stone calendar and they have named it the Adams calendar, the stones in calendar were found to be in perfect alignment with Orion belt dating it close to 160,000 years, based on the rise of Orion. And there are several old gold mines there which makes me wonder whether the whole annunaki theory was actually true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join