It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark arrests four over 'Muhammad cartoon plot'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
I know it's not PC to ever be critical of Islam, but Islam is not a personal faith practice, it's a world conquering extremist cult, that does not accept freedom. if a Muslim decides they don't want to be Muslim, they get killed. Christians and Buddhists in majority Muslim nations are often attacked and killed. If a Muslims daughter wears blue jeans or make up, she is often killed by her own family. Islam is like the anti-thesis of freedom and tolerance. of course not all Muslims think that way, but a large enough segment does, and I believe they have many silent adherants, that makes it a big problem in a modern civilized society that believes in freedom and tolerance.

Many people are confused that Muslim girls here in America have no freedoms whatsoever from their parents, well this is not true. I for one am in a Muslim family, my sister, and other Muslim girls, wear makeup all the time. Do the parents go for the blade at all? No. In fact the Muslim girls I know are all pretty much average American Muslims.

That is assuming you do know what the Muslim world is like on the inside, and not from what you have heard, or think you know about it.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by binomialtheorem

Binomialtheorem
thanks for bunch for posting
star
It is good to hear about this from your perspective. Any input you wish to provide will be greatly appreciated.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Well, of course not all Muslims are extremists, especially those that have more modern mindsets, and live in western lands. But the actual fact of so-called honor killings really does happen, and has happened quite a few times, in western nations, in the US, Canada, etc., and they will even say it's because the shamed their family under Islam.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

Binomialtheorem
thanks for bunch for posting
star
It is good to hear about this from your perspective. Any input you wish to provide will be greatly appreciated.

Well if you don't mind me saying....

I really do think that the reason some people think badly about Islam is because of all this media hype surrounding it. Seriously every person wants their own prejudice to be confirmed in someway, that's why the media wants to incite such one sided views.All they want to do is to increase their ratings, and continuing in making money, and they don't care at who's expense it is.

Or at least that's what I think.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Binomialtheorem
The media does very much play its own part of what information is spread around the world. There was a time when the terrorists used the media as much as any one ever did or is. To really put the issue to rest there would need to be a study of acts of terror and abut the people who are perpetrating them. That would shed the light on weather or not the terror coming from militant Islam is being disproportionally reported on in the media.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I know it's not PC to ever be critical of Islam,

But this PC thing doesn't seem to stop you. I think you confuse being a bigot with being un-PC.

but Islam is not a personal faith practice, it's a world conquering extremist cult, that does not accept freedom. if a Muslim decides they don't want to be Muslim, they get killed.

No doubt you have been inbibing the Pamela Geller Zionist school dirge on Islam. Funny how this world conquering 'cult' seems to have its territory in Palestine taken over by zionist jews and all current wars resulting in the occupation of their lands.

I have never heard of a Muslim leaving Islam ever getting killed but we will have to trust zionists and Born Again Christians to assure us of the routine occurance of such acts but you know, it beats the hell out of getting your internal organs stolen.

Christians and Buddhists in majority Muslim nations are often attacked and killed.

Not really, however, Israelis spit on Christians and kill Muslims in Palestine. Further more, these bombs going off in 1000 year old churches in Iraq and Pakistan seem to correlate with the presence of Israeli "security" firms.

If a Muslims daughter wears blue jeans or make up, she is often killed by her own family.

It happens in primitive Afghan villages in the wilderness but all religions have these strange folk. I understand Jews forcibly shave the heads of women, view them as unclean and intercourse is forced through holes in bedcloths. Some women in Judaism are oppressed.

Islam is like the anti-thesis of freedom and tolerance. of course not all Muslims think that way, but a large enough segment does, and I believe they have many silent adherants, that makes it a big problem in a modern civilized society that believes in freedom and tolerance.

Actually Islam has no priest class while in Judaism has so many priests there is a fatwah every 5 minutes. Diktats are handed down for all aspects of life to the extent this forced neurosis making faith causes mental illness in its adherents. I hope I have not been too un-PC about Judaism but you know no religion is immune from nuts, even Judaism.
edit on 31-12-2010 by Ilovecatbinlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady

I have never heard of a Muslim leaving Islam ever getting killed

Its not to hard to find reports of this happening.

Muslim extremists early this morning killed a Christian convert in Mahadday Weyne, Somalia, 100 kilometers (62 miles) north of Mogadishu. Al Shabaab Islamist rebels shot Mohammed Sheikh Abdiraman to death at 7 a.m., eyewitnesses told Compass. They said the Islamic extremists appeared to have been hunting the convert from Islam, and when they found him they did not hesitate to shoot him
source

Bangladesh does not have a law against apostasy, but some Imams encourage the killing of converts from Islam. Many ex-Muslims in Great Britain have faced abuse, violence, and even murder at the hands of Muslims.[65] There are similar reports of violent intimidation of those electing to reject Islam in other Western countries.[66]
wiki

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lurkee

Originally posted by RedGolem
Just in case any one would like to see any of the Mohamed images, hear is a link that will take you to a page with a collection of them.
edit on 29-12-2010 by RedGolem because: spelling

Very disrespectful

Whether intentional or not, you have no idea how disrespectful and insulting those cartoons are.

(IMO) Nothing positive can be gained from insults.

Well, Lurkee, it's a matter of perception. I don't see the post as offensive or the images offensive.

Should I be denied the right to see these images just because you find them offensive? If the answer is yes to that question then how dare you and how typical.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Can this be true? Peaceful muslims are going to kill somebody over a cartoon
?
POTUS Barrack Hussain Obama, Sec Clinton and TSA "Big Sis" Noplatino are going to be asking you why you are posting such a "hateful" story.
edit on 31-12-2010 by Violater1 because: Muslims are hateful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by binomialtheorem

I know it's not PC to ever be critical of Islam, but Islam is not a personal faith practice, it's a world conquering extremist cult, that does not accept freedom. if a Muslim decides they don't want to be Muslim, they get killed. Christians and Buddhists in majority Muslim nations are often attacked and killed. If a Muslims daughter wears blue jeans or make up, she is often killed by her own family. Islam is like the anti-thesis of freedom and tolerance. of course not all Muslims think that way, but a large enough segment does, and I believe they have many silent adherants, that makes it a big problem in a modern civilized society that believes in freedom and tolerance.

Many people are confused that Muslim girls here in America have no freedoms whatsoever from their parents, well this is not true. I for one am in a Muslim family, my sister, and other Muslim girls, wear makeup all the time. Do the parents go for the blade at all? No. In fact the Muslim girls I know are all pretty much average American Muslims.

That is assuming you do know what the Muslim world is like on the inside, and not from what you have heard, or think you know about it.

What are your thought on fathers of muslims girls that become Westernized, and then Honor kill them?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Actually I would say it is hard to find these cases; even you had to get unconfirmed reports of the outlaw Al Shabab in the war torn Somalia to prove your point. It would be like me citing kidney stealing rabbis in New Jersey to make my point that is some religions those outside it are considered meatbags. All I can say is make sure you stay in touch with family and friends lest you get disappeared and have your internal organs pinched in New Jersey.

Apostasy, blasphemy and crimes against the moral good laws exist everywhere including the UK, Israel and Egypt, etc. but of course you may wish to spin your agenda about Islam.

The bottom line is that apostasy penalties are rarely imposed because Muslims also believe that there is no compulsion in faith.
edit on 31-12-2010 by Ilovecatbinlady because: Because some Jews have an agenda for Muslims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Ilove
your point that the law or the punishment by way of death is rarely carried out is taken. I did read that the punishment of death is often done under the table so any way of finding a statistic for it will be difficult.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
Well, Lurkee, it's a matter of perception. I don't see the post as offensive or the images offensive.

Should I be denied the right to see these images just because you find them offensive? If the answer is yes to that question then how dare you and how typical.

Anything that offends anyone anywhere should never be done, that seems to be the NWO right?
Just kidding.

Like I can't even tell dirty jokes anymore.

But seriously,yes people are offended all the time (sometimes even by my dirty jokes). However, most people who are offended don't go around making death threats about it, that's what sets these folks apart.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Good, these nuts deserve to be thrown in jail.

I mean, how low can these people get by trying to kill someone over a freaking cartoon.

Why is it that so many Muslims are so insecure about their faith that the slightest criticism sends them into a fit.

The Muslims who are arguing to make it illegal to criticize Islam are no different than the NWO Elites who are trying to take all our rights away.
edit on 2-1-2011 by Steam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join