It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid comes close to Earth December 28 2010....and no warning given

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Apparently, while we went about our daily life unaware, a huge asteroid came close to Earth...closer than the moon in fact! Surely Nasa knew about it, but no one reported it....wonder why that is? They say it "never posed a threat", but why wasn't it reported?

edit on 29-12-2010 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
well, its not really a surprise

if some asteroid comes to earth, only trillionaires will be warned and some really smart people, they may try to save those people ...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Still kind of scary, wonder if any body saw it in the sky if it was that close should of been visible.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Right! They had to know about it....it's just scary though that we didn't even know about it. It seems like even amateur astronomers would have seen it!

+31 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

NASA track all near earth objects at NEO

The information is there, including the mass, density, dimensions, you just need to make yourself aware.

The calculations are always spot on, and if there were cause for concern we would be notified.

Only the paranoid would believe that we were being mislead over this sort of information, the paranoid...or the ignorant.
edit on 29-12-2010 by Crutchley29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I thought I felt something lol

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
the video was posted 15 April 2009

with 68K + views

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Did the video say how large this asteroid was? I don't do videos, I have dial-up, please pity me. Aren't asteroids larger than meteors and meteorites?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29

NASA track all near earth objects at NEO

The information is there, including the mass, density, dimensions, you just need to make yourself aware.

The calculations are always spot on, and if there were cause for concern we would be notified.

Only the paranoid would believe that we were being mislead over this sort of information, the paranoid...or the ignorant.
edit on 29-12-2010 by Crutchley29 because: (no reason given)

lol

right, lets say something would hit earth, they would never say anything, otherwise it might interfere with the actions to try to save humanity (the rich) or to stop the object (probably too late)

you REALLY believe they would announce like a month before something like that? maybe a day before, but there would be nothing you would be able to do ...

and lets say that its something that wouldnt destroy the whole earth, but just a region ... even then, I dont believe they would let the people know to evacuate in time

off course, the excuses would come after, but hey, NOBODY DID ANYTHING against 3 frames that were showed about the "no plane" that hit the pentagon, I mean, its crazy ... everyone will believe anyways

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
they didnt tell us because......it didnt pose a threat.
also because people like you would probably freak out and find a conspiracy in it.

Might I add that you found out about it so it wasnt hidden from us.

Its a hangover day for me, Im sorry if that was rude, but please behave.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

I am neither paranoid OR ignorant .....I am merely sharing information. I was surprised to hear about it after the fact. I am not saying there is a "asteroid conspiracy" LOL! Just saying it happened and most people didn't know.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

I, at least, wasnt discussing if this case was hidden or not ... I am just stating that I dont believe anyone would announce the everyone was going to die ok

(simply because, you cant save everyone)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

This is not a conspiracy to hide information, the NEO system is designed to inform and to provide understanding.

Not everything in life is privvy only to those who hold higher power.

We are aware of many NEO's years before their intended fly by date.

If one was big enough of some consequence, there is little you, i, or the people who run this world could do about it.

Bruce Willis aint going to be landing on any Asteroids any time soon.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I posted the wrong video, I went back to find the one I saw, and it has been removed! I'll try to find info on it. My apologies!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

It was a large one....who ever posted the video removed it from youtube. I'm trying to find info, but I see nothing.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

"people like me"??? I never said that there was a conspiracy....I simply shared something that I thought was interesting.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

True.....it would cause mass panic. Most likely this happens more than we know. I'm going to start checking out the site you mentioned.....vey interesting!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Crutchley29

I am neither paranoid OR ignorant .....I am merely sharing information. I was surprised to hear about it after the fact. I am not saying there is a "asteroid conspiracy" LOL! Just saying it happened and most people didn't know.

But, well, it *didn't* happen, did it?

Second line.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
To be honest with the paranoia of some of the people on this sight I am amazed they ever dare to leave their homes. Maybe they don't, but has anyone any evidence of the Rich and privvy taking cover on this date? Anyone see scientists and politicians heading into bunkers? I doubt it, as they all new nothing was going to happen, it was a miss just like the information the rest of us have got.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Here you go StealthyKat, it is the updated version of NEO's (Near Earth Objects) listed for the rest of this year and the up and coming year of 2011 as well.
NEO's for 2010 & 2011

All we have to do is be prepared for the inevitable...And it will happen some day....Thanks for sharing...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join