It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clooney, UN, Google team up to monitor Sudan using satellite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Clooney, UN, Google team up to monitor Sudan using satellite

edition.cnn.com

A satellite surveillance project spearheaded by actor George Clooney's organization will monitor violence in Sudan during a January vote that could split the country into two.
The program will use satellite images to assess the situation on the ground for any signs of conflict, monitor hotspots in real time, and post the findings online, organizers said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Interesting to say the least, makes me wonder how many other millionaire/billionaire movie stars have access to high power terrain satellites.

Just FYI, Clooney is a scientologist.

Is it a cover for some other kind of denied spying?

Why is it just the Darfur region? Why don't we have satellite access and people investing so much time and effort into other places like Afghanistan? Iraq? Israel?

Seems to me like if you've got enough money to throw about you can pretty much spy on anyone, anywhere.

It sounds like a nice idea in theory.

edition.cnn.com

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
What's most interesting is how every option is tried except helping Sudan militarily. Sounds more like Clooney is trying to put on a show rather than help because this will stop nothing. Isn't China involved in Sudan? Yep. Sudan's oil for China's arms With this revelation, Sudan would be trading one tyrant (China) for another (U.S.). It is sad that so many countries in Africa are destabilized by larger nations through cheap arms for economic resources.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Amazing.. All that money and people there in america who need help.. Yet he throws it away on a satellite to watch an election in africa...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
In the very least this should show them what the dictator is doing with his power in Sudan.

This could show the genocide in Sudan, to which so many close their eyes, in public and government. To which some have been pointing, trying to help raise awareness. To which some are helping by sending goods.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by plexus

Just FYI, Clooney is a scientologist.

Why is it just the Darfur region? Why don't we have satellite access and people investing so much time and effort into other places like Afghanistan? Iraq? Israel?

edition.cnn.com

George Clooney is United Nations Messenger of Peace since 2008 and has done lot of work for that region.

www.un.org...

Mr. Clooney has focused public attention on crucial international political and social issues while diligently working to mobilize political action against the violence in Darfur.

edit on 29-12-2010 by Yeah-Alright because: quote

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I love this story. My jaw hit the floor when I heard it.

Question : How do you gently and subletly let the population of the world know that every single thing you are doing is being monitored by satellites. No matter where you are in the world your big friendly brother , the U.S. is watching.

Answer : Use one of the biggest A-list stars on the planet. Women want to shag him. Men want to be like him.

Of course we start this by using the line 'we can stop a war before its starts with this monitoring'. Holy sh1t batman , who can argue with that. We then eventually fess up to the fact that every thing you are doing is being monitored. This is purely to stop the bad people. Thats all. This ring a bell with anyone. Maybe even the last batman film. Clooney even played Batman once , didn't he? This is so funny.

Yea I know , we all suspect this monitoring already but now they are actully admiting it. Guessing this might help with some of the forthcoming wikileaks disclosures too. When people let google get away with their disgraceful invasion of the world privacy the folks in charge have been given free reign now. This allows googles monitoring to go live and I can tell you the general public wont have access to this.

edit on 7-1-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

top topics

join