It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I never believed in Magic, Dieties, Sorcery until

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cplouffe

No I would never say such claim. I only claimed to be an illuminati. Purely, an enlightened being.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
To learn more about Papa Legba I googled him for you:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SKIN-E

Ah. I went back and found the post from last year. I was mistaken. But they are some cool raps as well about the same subject.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cplouffe

can you give me a link to these forums?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SKIN-E

What is needed is to be able to understand the smorgasboard that is modern occultism.

What is the way of western magic?
1. Western magic starts off with definitions
2. then proceeds to the how.

if you are very fortunate it will then take you to the "Why". most do not get so far as the lodges do not have that particular base or atttitude.

The ATRs like voodoo start off with who you are and whayt is your destiny. Having spent mostof my adult lifein both I would say that the knowledge of who you are and what is your destiny is by for more important than chasing the pyrotechnicis.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SKIN-E

Sure. Looks like that user was banned but I will link to the thread that has the videos.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SKIN-E

I can't watch the rap yet, and I don't get into these threads very often, but you kept my attention all the way through. Great story, and good luck on your endeavors!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

See thats why I hate questions because its an infinite math on its own. Leads to more questions and questions. But How does one become a deity? Where is he from is he made from our imagination or from him being a very populare mortal once in his time? Eshu-Elegbara?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hello my friend,

Papa Legba is a spirit more than a deity or as it is called in Haitian Voudoo, a Lwa (LOwa). What these spirits are is deified ancestors going way back into ancient times. This particular Lwa comes from the Dohemian tribes of northern Nigeria and were brought to haiti and the southern states of America during the slave trade.

You probably already know all of this.

If your ancestors are calling you, by all means pursue it. Here is a little advice for what it is worth. Initiations into these traditions are expensive. The cost is considered a sacrifice and the means by which the Houngan or Mambo provides for the various implements of the ceremonies. That being said, there are a ton of frauds out there who offer bogus ceremonies for nothing but greed.

Research any house that you pursue. Research them in depth. If they are legit, they will be honored that you are wise enough to check them out. If they get offended, run.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I dont understand why we ask spirits to help us is there any way to help them in return?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKIN-E
I dont understand why we ask spirits to help us is there any way to help them in return?

I am not a Houngan of the Voudoo tradition my friend. I am a Palero of the Cuban tradition of Palomayombe, so though it is similar, there are differences.

To answer your question from the Palo view point, ABSOLUTELY!

You do not ask spirits to help you in these traditions. It isn't prayer. You negotiate with spirits. They help you, you give them things in return. What you give them depends on the work you want done, and the spirit that is needed to do the work. Now you don't just give the spirits things they like just to do work for you. If you become a Priest, you give them regular offerings to keep their strength up or to grow them. Failure to do so will cause them to turn on you. You make a pact to care for them, keep your word.

Disclosure:
I am no longer a "practicing" Palero. I put aside working with spirits and now only work for God. I do this by following Christs teachings as found in the Gospels. Submitting to God's will does not require anything more than Loving him (this whole existence) and your Brothers and Sisters. The rewards for selfless service is more than any spirit in any of these paths has offered me.

I don't tell you this to divert you from your path. Look within, if it is something that calls you, pursue it. Understand that the path comes with strings attached. As long as you keep up your end, they keep up theirs.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The simple fact of the ATRs is that there is a relationship with the gods of Africa. There are scamsters in all religions. The costs are not expensive because the simple issue is that people should get what they need as opposed to want r what the priest wants. Getting what is needed means that not everyone is destined to be a priest hence the initiatory costs may never ever be incurred. Everything begins and ends with a reading.

Offerings are made and yes the bigger the headache the bigger the pill The simplest offering is water and there is a mystery in that.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

Offerings are made and yes the bigger the headache the bigger the pill The simplest offering is water and there is a mystery in that.

Why such a mystery?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Thank you brther man! much appreciated. My path has many obstacles at the moment. I need to clear my energy and work back on Reiki. Its such a blessing to help someone else and their auras

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKIN-E

Originally posted by tiger5

Why such a mystery?

Operational religious and spiritual knowledge is never ever just given freely to the public domain. Those that are seeking are also bound by oaths. These are mystery religions and rightly so.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I know why for my own reasons. I have learned many things but I know there are many different viewpoints for reason in different practices or cults and I am open to all of them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join