It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X is probably fake - But what is G1.9 Red Dwarf?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If it has a catalogue number, its real.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I had read the information in the OP article in another format - broken up, selectively edited and with snide comments. This one makes more sense. I don't know anything about the phonon stuff and also it's not clear from the article what that explanation is solving. In other words, there must be some problem in the data that this explains. I think it has to do with a difference of opinion between the NASA official line and other scientists over the composition of comets. Either that or an attempt to explain predicted future more common occurrences of spirals like the one in Norway.

NASA used to be like E.F.Hutton - when they spoke people stood up and listened. Now scientists from other countries seem to be questioning their conclusions and even their observations. Those scientists don't have a platform or forum like NASA that is widely disseminated in the U.S. although I bet that in their respective countries and in their respective languages there is compelling data.

The Binary Institute link I also appreciate and had read that when I first came on ATS. There are a lot of problems that a binary would solve and why NASA avoids it like the plague is mysterious in itself.

I, too have read everything available on the web about G1.9 which isn't much. On the one hand it's like oh it was clouds and that's why no one saw the super nova and on the other hand it's 66AU away which is close enough for rock and roll depending on how it lines up with the orbital plane.

Anyway OP it's interesting to say the least and even the unnamed group say it's at closest approach so not sure what the harm would be in disclosing if it is so unless surrounding objects are not yet at closest approach.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
G1.9 is a supernova remnant at an estimated distance of 25,000 light years. It is nowhere near the Solar System. The linked article in the first post has clearly been written by someone who doesn't have a clue what they are talking about.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 19-8-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

Mogget and Devino --

I got tired of telling people that G1.9 is a supernova 25,000 LY away (1/4 of the way across our galaxy). This is at least the third thread linking G1.9 to Nibiru, and I think I explained the true nature of G1.9 in each of those threads (see my post from last December in this thread)

I'm sure that there will be more threads in the future incorrectly claiming that G1.9 is some mysterious body near our solar system, linked to "Nibiru"....It never ends, and I'm soooooo tired.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

If it has a catalogue number, its real.

Yes -- it has a catalogue number and it is real...but it is a supernova 25,000 LY away. 25,000 LY is the same distance as 1/4 of the way across the galaxy -- Therefore G1.9 is NOWHERE NEAR our solar system.

Here is a map of the Whole Milky Way Galaxy showing where in the galaxy G1.9 is in relation to our Sun (along with the location of other supernovas). You can see from this image how very far away this is from us:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c508fcd01d4f.jpg[/atsimg]
chandra.harvard.edu...

It is NOT a red dwarf, and is NOT a brown dwarf, and is NOT a rogue planet, and is NOT something that has any appreciable effect on our solar system. It is a supernova remnant that is far, far away.

There are millions and millions of stars that are closer to us than G1.9 is.

Source - Supernova G1.9

edit on 8/19/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: Embedded image

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Oh wow, I just realized that this whole topic is based around the Starviewer Team's "article." Just to let everyone know the claim that G1.9+0.3 is a companion star to the Sun comes from a team that doesn't seem to even know basic physics. If you read their research most of their math is flawed amongst other things. They were called out on this a while ago and they claimed they were going to provide more proof. We are still waiting for that proof. I would also like to mention that while red dwarfs are the most abundant stars in the galaxy they almost always appear as solitary stars.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I hear you. I have had quite the interest in these unorthodox theories for many years and for the most part still do. Apparently I have not yet grown tired of pointing out the inconsistencies in the recent claims like this being made yet I do often wonder if anyone is listening. My hope is that some will read threads like this and gain comfort in knowing that these doomsday theories are in fact bogus. There are many things one could worry about but G1.9 is not amongst them. Keep up the good work.

edit on 8/19/2011 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I just wonder how many different ways people can try to spin silly theories before they get tired of being shot down.

Magic 8-ball time:

Is there a Nibiru? - No, unless they decide to poke fun at all the idiots and name some random little pathetic rock Nibiru.

Is there a Planet X? - X refers to the roman numeral 10, because at the time it was proposed to look for a 10th planet, Pluto still fell in that category as the 9th. Planet X would be an as-of-yet undiscovered planet beyond Uranus, Pluto, and probably Eris too. Should more planets exist in our solar system it would not indicate any concern for the inner planets whatsoever as they should happily stay in their current orbits like the rest of the planets. To do otherwise would immediately make them -not- be planets.

Is G1.9 Nibiru/Planet X? - It's a supernova remnant near the galactic center that went nova about 140 years ago. It has absolutely nothing to do with either.

Is Sol part of a Binary system? - Depends on how you want to define that. The barycenter (common center of rotation) of Jupiter and the Sun is actually above the Sun's surface, so some could consider them a binary pair.

Is Elenin the tiny little Chuck Norris of the solar system? - Absolutely!

...if you mean an old, pathetic thing that is the object of countless jokes across all of the internet relating to unfounded and infeasible feats of strength that neither could ever actually hope to accomplish.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Dashdragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join