It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy of Being a "Good Person"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
post deleted.
edit on 1-1-2011 by metalore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
most have lost any sense of divine perfection, any connection to anything beyond the physical senses, that many can be considered only slightly above animals.

Everyone is perfect my friend. What we see as imperfections is what WE have created.

What one sees as a thief, would not be a thief if we shared everything in this creation.

What one sees as a murderer, would not murder if we loved each other from cradle to grave.

What one sees as a liar, would not lie if we did not shame the truth.

What ones sees as an adulterer, would not commit adultery if we loved our spouses unconditionally.

We have created this world. You must decide how you want it to be, and create it in that image. It is personal responsibility. The days of passing the blame are over. We cannot continue to pass the buck and expect change. Change begins with us. If you want a loving world, love unconditionally.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 1-1-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

So well said friend....great stuff.

As you said, just imagine the differences in the many people, if we could do things differently, from cradle to grave.

You could have a song there...with the words 'from cradle to grave'.

edit on 1-1-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I think its really important that we try to NOT do unto others as only they do unto us....but do unto others as we hope they would do unto us.

This cycle has to start somewhere and for too long we have been acting the eye for an eye style.

I believe, even if the person is not aware of what you do for them in this life of a earthly body, they will see your behavior and actions with a divine eye after life and they will still learn from it and grow from it beyond this vessel.

Ill never forget my mother in her NDE experiencing all the actions of others towards her and experiencing her own actions towards others as if she was standing in their shoes. It was so real in that moment and she was learning so much in that moment about herself and others.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
A friend of mine once said something to me that is very fitting for this thread...

"The good guys come last but the last will be first according to the Bible, so in the end there is justice after all"

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
OP... Are you Glen Beck?

This is a page right out of his mantra!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

What i tend to struggle with is, knowing it's all an illusion anyway, and being a good person helps your evolutionary path, BUT, having to live in the now, when most people aren't conscious of their path, and do evil acts on a regular basis. If I'm the recipient of such evil, I need to respond. not responding invites more evil. problem with life is, it's a schoolyard, but both higher spiritual laws, and lower schoolyard rules apply. sometimes, you have to fight.
no way around it.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker
reply to post by LeoVirgo

What i tend to struggle with is, knowing it's all an illusion anyway, and being a good person helps your evolutionary path, BUT, having to live in the now, when most people aren't conscious of their path, and do evil acts on a regular basis. If I'm the recipient of such evil, I need to respond. not responding invites more evil. problem with life is, it's a schoolyard, but both higher spiritual laws, and lower schoolyard rules apply. sometimes, you have to fight.
no way around it.

Your points are very valid. All I can do is share my own experiences with the same struggles in life. As I walked the footprints of Jesus....I saw a man, not fight for this life here and he left a bigger imprint by doing that...then he would of left if he would of fought for this earthly life. He 'loved' and 'forgave' even those that wanted to kill him.

I then had a dream. I was in a building with family and friends...when I walked outside, I saw a group of men holding another man while pointing a gun to his head. My earthly reaction in the dream, was to fear for my own earthly life and run. I turned to run, began to reach the corner of the building, and as I reached the corner just steps away from getting out of sight...I felt a bullet enter my back. I remember falling and thinking, Im going to die now. I woke by jumping out of bed grabbing my backside right where the bullet had hit me in my dream. As I came to that it was all a dream....I pondered on it all. In reflection through Spirit over the next couple of days....I couldnt help but to think I had made the wrong choice in the dream. While I 'lived' for my own life of 'flesh'....I was not living for things of Spirit....what would of been the 'right thing to do in Spirit'. If I ever have that same dream...I have made the choice...Im going to stand firm...and approach the men, with love, with forgiveness, and try to to tell them they dont have to harm anyone. If they shoot me still, so be it then, at least I tried to 'fight for what is of Spirit'....the right thing to do.

Such choices are alot of work in the soul...one really must understand the greatness of 'life of Spirit' is the true life...and this is, as you said, an illusion. So live the illusion...as if you are immortal in Spirit.

That dream...was a big turning point in my life. Other dreams followed and it was a very humble time in my life of what they all taught me. We are not only creating something here that is temporary...but we are creating something 'unseen' that is eternal.

Best intentions
LV

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
IMO the meaning of life is to be happy. While i think you hint on a valid point that self service causes happiness, i do believe you under estimate the power of becoming a good person. My belief is that changes in scociety have gradually drifted us away from the thought of being a good person and has made it accaptable to buy into the the belief that you need to be self serving.

All in all what makes a good person in your eyes?

Someone Christ like?

A boy scout who opens doors for elderly women?

Someone who volenteers at a soup kitchen?

It all boils down to morals and values. Scociety has lost it's appreciation for morals and vlaues these days so what once was called a good person no longer is the samething. Today we see less and less good people because there is no appreciation for that behavior anymore. In a round about way, i'm kind of agreeing with the op. People have stopped being good people because the rewarding feelings that people use to get for being such has evaporated in the world today.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Seems to me this thread is, in a way, going around in circles and this exchange between yourself and newageman is showing this. There is a subtle difference in perspective...maybe. You can prosper by doing good or evil; The evil path comes with a lot of baggage & pitfalls, having to watch your back constantly, dealing with other evil peole etc.
When I do something kind or generous these are my motivations;
Trying to be like Jesus
Just cuz I feel like it/the warm fuzzy
Cuz I know that it will come back to me.
Of this last reason I could be accused of being selfish, OK whatever I just know that it has been working for me pretty good.
About getting burned for being good; this seems to be a rite of passage for those attempting to walk a good path after awhile you can see wrongly motivated people a mile away and learn to avoid them for the most part, this is part of tempering your generosity with wisdom.
Of the conspiracy of being good oh it is there. The state tells you to obey it laws and holds up punishment as a motivation but this is not sufficient to keep us in line as we will only be obedient as far as they can see us. Enter the church; as we are taught that we are responsible to god this gives us an inner motivation to stay in line, the state knows this, this is why the state tolerates the church. I believe there will come a time when the state will gain such a control over the populace through technology (chipping, surveilence etc) that it will no longer need the church I believe that is the meaning behind the story in Revalation where the beast (secular government) bucks off and kills the whre (the, at this time, apostate church) that has been riding it through history.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Your approach to this survival scenario is kinda funny...I am going to be ruthless and not share our food...I see in your response still a willingness to help but a realization that it would be a wasted gesture, this is not IMHO an abandonment of good. In my line of work on occasion we have to make a similar call; rushing into a dangerous situation and getting hurt would only add to a problem. In your scenario being truly ruthless would be something like; "Hey we are stronger & more numerous than them lets take what little food & clothes they have since they probably will not survive anyway"

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
That is why you balance positives and negatives. You are arguing the extreme of negitive.

Personally I stay neutral until I know a person well enoguh so they won't abuse my kindness. The golden rule applies to all situations. Treat as you wish to be treated, meaning if I was to have my family threated to be killed by someone I would kill them before they do so. In that case I must expect that if I threaten to kill someone's family the same action will be taken against me.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
John F. Kennedy

MLK, Ghandi, and all just got lucky, but that doesn't mean their messages didn't have a purpose.

One of my fantisized solution to get rid of corrupt government is for all people both military and civilian to just throw down their weapons and say no more fighting. Unfortunatly I know for a fact this is EXTREMELY unlikely.

In a nutshell you confused negitivity and positivity with passiveness and aggresivness. Take the middle road and be assertive. There is no good and evil, for both can be twisted and perverted.

POSITIVITY INTIGRATES
NEGITIVITY SEGREGATES.

That is all...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
"One of my fantisized solution to get rid of corrupt government is for all people both military and civilian to just throw down their weapons and say no more fighting. Unfortunatly I know for a fact this is EXTREMELY unlikely.

In a nutshell you confused negitivity and positivity with passiveness and aggresivness. Take the middle road and be assertive. There is no good and evil, for both can be twisted and perverted"

Were you replying to my last post or the OP? On my last post I meant to reply to a post from the OP I must have forgot to click the reply window.

Indeed do not think that I have not considered what it would be like to live under the rule of a government that did what it was supposed to..served its subjects...with little waste, no corruption and without the burden of having to maintain a military. It would be great but as you have noted I do not think that we have it in us. What would our responsibility be to such a govt...would we as subjects get spoiled?

Sometimes you can see where a thing is headed when you look at it in its extreme.
In my world view when good is twisted or perverted that is what evil is. There is no original sin (I would guess you will say that there is no such thing as sin but humor me for a moment) only misusing what is good; the meaning of the word sin is to miss the mark. And so I would wonder, how can evil be twisted or perverted as you assert, please give an example, I am curious. I hear new agers suggest that there is no good/evil but then they go on to talk about positive/negative as you have done. This still seems to be a value judgement.
I have been working on being non-judgemental, attempting to view people and things as they are without ascribing a value; it is a challenge.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Passafist

Hmm I know I hit "reply to" on your last post wonwer what I am doing wrong

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join