It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let Us All Say Thank You To Our Troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I got an email with a link to a website today that allows you to send a personalized post card to a member of the armed forces stationed somewhere in the world. It's quick easy and totally free. All it takes is a few clicks. The program is sponsored by Xerox. All you have to do is choose a card from the list, personalize it if you choose, and with another click it's done.

The cards are printed and sent out to a random service person stationed somewhere in the World. Xerox plans on sending out millions of them. It's a way of giving something to each and every one of them without having to even know their names. They're risking their lives to fight for our freedoms. It's the least we can to to say thanks.

You can send as many as you like.

www.letssaythanks.com

The postcards, depicting patriotic scenes and hometown images, were selected from a pool of entries from children across the country.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I am totally against the war, but I hope that they kill sparingly and protect themselves.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Yes, thank you to the brave men and women that invaded several sovereign nations, killing many innocent people in the name of corporate profits. Our troops deserve all the thanks in the world for helping to make us the most hated nation in the middle east, because the indigenous population has seen how just and caring our troops are when the locals get shot up and get weapons planted on their bodies to justify genocide.

To be honest sir, the Nuremberg Trials made it clear that soldiers following orders are just as guilty of war crimes, as their officers.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

Whooo ahh! to all you folks who think you are keeping the US free, while so many other countries just wallow in the near pits of the sewage of hell.

Kudos to you for doing a great job!

Now, can we talk a bit about what is really going on?

Ya know, from one disgruntled veteran, to another possible one?

Prove me wrong! Really! That would create great happiness within me!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

The only problem with these cards, you can't express what you really feel...hey I'm a vet 2 tours RVN feb67-oct68....watch your own butt....don't believe anything your told....go home and search for the truth.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

That's pretty rude! The troops are heroes & despite what you say you owe them big time. They fight for your freedom & your right to express your negative opinion of them! True champions! Long live the mighty coalition forces!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

That's pretty rude! The troops are heroes & despite what you say you owe them big time. They fight for your freedom & your right to express your negative opinion of them! True champions! Long live the mighty coalition forces!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

yup, that's a little rude for sure.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Hmm

I am not really sure what to say. I am not sure if thanks is a good term, because they haven't really done anything for me. Iraq or Afhganistan wasn't threatening to take over the west, so they didn't do anything to ensure freedom or anything like that...

I would wish them well, stay alive, smoke some taliban idiots, and get home safe...try to represent the best of us while your over there and do whatever is possible to avoid civilian casualities and get some therapy when you get back home to deprogram yourself from the military drone mindset they push you in.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Yes, because while our troops are over occupying what were two sovereign states, committing acts of genocide and mass murder, I really owe them a whole lot.

What freedom do they fight for? The freedom for multinational corporations to drill for oil and have trans, country oil pipelines? What have these kids done to preserve my freedom to be a dissenter?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I really owe them a whole lot.

oh yes you do! your respect & gratitude that's all! I'll bet if your country is invaded you will be one of the first crying out for help! You love biting the hand that feeds you!. Bet you love the convenience of driving down the road in your gas/petrol consuming car! Bet you love all the consumable goods in your house! Bet you love the right to state your opinion whenever you want! the list would go on & on. The troops risk their lives to preserve these things! Show respect to these heroes! Long live the mighty coalition & "Thank You" for risking your lives for all of us! Bet you would not be so disrespectful to the face of a 6 feet plus marine!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Bet you would not be so disrespectful to the face of a 6 feet plus marine!

I have, he said he wished he had never joined.

Explain how invading the Middle East is "preserving my freedom"

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Explain how invading the Middle East is "preserving my freedom"

All explained if the last post if you read it! Nothing more to say, especially to ungrateful people like you! You have no idea what these brave people go through, anyway this is about the troops! They are legends! you can bellyache & whine all you want! The fact you can even express your point of view is partly due to the efforts of all troops past & present! Ask me again & you will get the same answer! Show some respect & don't be so ungrateful!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I'll bet if your country is invaded you will be one of the first crying out for help!

Their countries were invaded... by us. Are we supposed to be thanking the troops for invading 2 sovereign countries?

Bet you love the convenience of driving down the road in your gas/petrol consuming car!

Is that the right they're fighting for? My God-given right to drive a gas hog? My God given right to think that my country owns all the oil it can get its hands on by hook or by crook (in this case, both)?

Bet you love all the consumable goods in your house! Bet you love the right to state your opinion whenever you want! the list would go on & on. The troops risk their lives to preserve these things!

Is THAT what the troops are doing? Were Iraq and Afghanistan threatening our consumables? Our free speech rights? No! They weren't doing a thing to us and we invaded them and have been killing them for the past 9 years.

Show respect to these heroes!

Being in the military does not make one a hero. Killing a million people does not make them a hero. I appreciate people's willingness to fight for their country, but these wars are illegitimate, serve no purpose and I cannot respect anyone who chooses to to be a part of them.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
When I first came back to this thread and found all the negative comments I was surprised. Then, I thought about it a little and decided that I had to allow for the highly opinionated people who frequent sites such as ATS.

The troops, at least most of them, are just regular people who for whatever reason decided to join the military. I'd say that a lot of them joined out of economic reasons along with the incentives and benefits given to people in the military. Add in the lifelong benefits, meager as they may be, and putting themselves in harms way is worth it to them. Course there are probably quite a few that honestly want to join in order to follow the slogan of keeping america free.

Sure there are some bad eggs. The puppy thrower comes to mind. Obviously a twisted and sadistic individual. He was kicked out of the Marines. And yes, there are others but you can't judge a group by what one individual does. I've known plenty of people who were or still are in the military who are honest hard working people with families.

As for the political reasons we're in Afghanistan and Iraq, I'm VERY suspicious of our Government's motives. The Government's lies and corruption shouldn't be carried over to the troops.

All I'm sayin is that if you want to participate by sending a card I applaud you.

If you don't I'm not going to try to put you down. You're entitled to your opinion.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Are we supposed to be thanking the troops for invading 2 sovereign countries?

Straight out in a nutshell Yes! Those countries deserved it! You are so disrespectful to the troops!

Is that the right they're fighting for? My God-given right to drive a gas hog? My God given right to think that my country owns all the oil it can get its hands on by hook or by crook (in this case, both)?

Again, Straight out in a nutshell Yes! If you love your country, everything in it & your lifestyle + freedom be grateful to the troops past & present! You are so ungrateful for all they have done for you!

Is THAT what the troops are doing? Were Iraq and Afghanistan threatening our consumables? Our free speech rights? No! They weren't doing a thing to us and we invaded them and have been killing them for the past 9 years.

This a load of Tin Foil hat wearing hogwash from someone who has no idea what the fight is about! Guess what its not up to me to educate you! Yes they deserved whatever they got! You just love to bring the mighty & brave troops down!

Being in the military does not make one a hero. Killing a million people does not make them a hero. I appreciate people's willingness to fight for their country, but these wars are illegitimate, serve no purpose and I cannot respect anyone who chooses to to be a part of them.

In the army defending your country & yes you are a hero! For the record I have just as little respect for people who "Slag off" the troops! Long live the Just & mighty coalition forces!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Thank you! thanks to you i am not a slave to foreiners. You do what im too pussy to do.
If i ever grow the balls im joining though. Not to make this about me,but at times im ready to jump out a plane and other times the thought of the military scares me, does anyoone else get that?

new topics

top topics

join