It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me understand why I am the way I am.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wolfgang1812

Thank you, wolfgang. I will try to envision an aura of protection around me while I'm at these events. Honestly, I don't know why in the world I didn't think about it before! I'm off to bed, but thanks to everyone for the replies. I'll be back tomorrow!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Listen Gemineye - Everybody has past lives so don't worry about learning anything from it because your learning time for that life was then. Now is your learning time for this life so you shouldn't be wasting it playing past life. It's time to move forward now and you should consider yourself lucky to have felt the feelings that you had because they are pointing you in a direction AWAY from war and senseless slaughter. THIS is the direction that you need to follow in this life in order to learn what you need to learn now.

Yes, I am. Obviously

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I think you are affected more strongly by the thought of the civil war because you concentrate on it strongly as a matter of routine. Would you prefer to believe in the past life explanation rather than the unromantic, common-sense explanations? I don't think this is going to be a popular post.

edit on 3-1-2011 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

You've had a past life or an imprint of a past life during that era. Part of it would be living through the tremendous bloodshed, thereby your great aversion to it. I have a facination with that era too. I know of one past life/imprint during the civil war. (No I don't enjoy wearing hoop skirts). Imprint = if this is your first time on Earth you would be imprinted with past lives to acclimate you. Enjoy yourself with your past time.

PEACE

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
It does indeed sound like you had a past life involved in the Civil war in some aspect. That is why you are comfortable reinacting because it is familiar to you. I would suggest you try some regression therapy and be taken back. However I do not recommend hypnosis but a guided meditation instead. You can try by your self by searching you tube for some guided meditations for past life regression. if you see one that seems to resonate with you try it and see. Women usually go back easier then men. Or find someone to help you go back in person.

If you are not sure of past lives check out the work of Dr Ian Stevenson he has proven it scientifically: reluctant-messenger.com...

It sounds like you have something you need to resolve from that life and regression can help you sort that out. The Civil war was indeed a tragedy and unnecessary and very brutal war and very hard on America both soldiers and civilians especially southern civilians. It changed America forever and set the stage for today's police state. Every other country ended slavery peacefully here was no need to nor authority to go to war and subjugate the southern states into an unholy union foreign to the Constitution of our founding fathers.

Anyway good luck.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Later today...will U2U

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Greetings to you, gemineye, you are not alone, there are many like you in this respect. If you don't believe me, go to Gettysburg and talk to some of the Park Rangers there. I too have stark memories of that turbulent time of war and heartache, and there are times I wake up in a cold sweat, able to hear the gunfire and smell the smoke, and hearing the screams of the dying. Past life regression helped somewhat, but the memories are still there for me.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Gemineye,

Options for consideration...

As commented above, past life regression would help bring forward the memories. This can have positive and negative influences on the psyche of today. Thusly, alongside this technique, the use of self-clearing (Vipassana, emotional release / EFT, self-forgiveness & congratulating others for playing their part well in the duality paradigm) would assist with letting go / releasing of the emotional attachments between the mental, emotional and spiritual bodies.

Moreover, if you are remembering this "past life" clearly, usually there is a reason for that... what might the reason for the remembrance be...? Is there a parallel to the memory and your current life?

Another thought... this might be DNA memory passed to you. Doing a DNA strand clearing might remove some of the "attachment" of the memory in your psyche and/or cellular memory. And also may assist determining where the memories are coming from (your soul or DNA).

Tearman... at least you're aware of your environment... Cudos.

Taleo.

Wolfgang

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Gemineye, I didn't grow up believing in past lives and most people look at reincarnation as a ridiculous notion, but it makes a lot of sense, if people would consider it. I've often wondered how the child prodigy can play like a master and I think it's, because they remember. I like to think we have another choice and can come back to play another role, lol, but there are drawbacks to that, I think. I don't know, if I want to come back!

I have read books about people remembering past lives and have had my own dream experiences. Apparently, this isn't the first time around with my husband. I saw him in the western era as I crossed a mud road to get to the other side of a saloon town, lol. It was so real.I was given a message. We've had more than one past life together. I don't have to be asleep to feel a connection with him. He has flashed into my vision while awake. It scared the hell out of me in the beginning, while we were dating. I can't keep any secrets from him, lol. I don't know, if there is such a thing as a twin soul, but I think I've found him. It's beyond creepy for me at times and it's been hard. Maybe we have a lot to work through. I've been shown we flow from the same fountain.

My husband told me he was talking to his wife(he was married once before) as he was hanging a picture. He turned around and she was dressed in a saloon gal's attire and he blinked and shook his head. She was still dressed that way. He turned back around to hang the picture and looked again and she was dressed normally. Strange! Maybe they had a past life together too.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

I think you are affected more strongly by the thought of the civil war because you concentrate on it strongly as a matter of routine. Would you prefer to believe in the past life explanation rather than the unromantic, common-sense explanations? I don't think this is going to be a popular post.

You could be absolutely right, Tearman. It could just be the thought of it bothers me and that could be it, considering that I'm opposed to all violence and think that its very seldom the way to handle things. I'm not dismissing this idea at all. I don't prefer to believe in the past life thing... just thought that maybe it might be a possibility because I feel so strongly about that particular war and not so much about others, yet I'm attracted to it. That just doesn't make sense to me. I know that that the whole thing may sound flat out silly and that's why it took me a while to post it, but after giving it some thought, I figured I would get ideas from several points of view and decided to go for it. I'm just trying to understand myself a bit more and need all the help I can get, haha! Do you mean that you don't think your post is going to be popular? I value your opinion as much as anyone else's. And I thank you for it.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

Thank you, humbleone. I think I've been here before, but I can't be sure. It's a nice thought to entertain, lol. I've always been fascinated with that era. Even when I was little, I loved that time period. I remember my father was drawn to it also. He passed away when I was four, so I can't remember a lot, but I do know that he liked to make Civil War era guns. My son has one that my dad made that he uses in reenactments now.

I personally think you should try hoop skirts... at least once.
Juuust kidding, hehe.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

It sounds like you have something you need to resolve from that life and regression can help you sort that out.

You have no idea how much this resonates with me! I've had a sneaky suspicion, for quite a while, that I have something that needs to be sorted out or something that I need to come to terms with or whatever. I've never had regression (except attempting on my own), but I have tried to get "readings" before, and I'm always told that I'm hard to read. I've tried regression myself and basically got nothing, but I have had "flashes" of that time period, during meditation in such. They were very very brief flashes and really didn't make sense to me.

I feel like there's something I need to... I don't know... "open up" to allow myself to get past whatever is blocking me from getting to the root of the problem, but I don't know how. I will have a look on youtube again. I've tried a few before, with no results, but I'll try again.

Thanks for the advice! It's very much appreciated. I'm glad I decided to ask about this on here.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Thank you! I look forward to it.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

If you don't mind me asking, what were you able to find out through regression?

I find it kind of odd that so many people in my family is drawn to it. I mentioned in a previous post that even my father was drawn to it, but he passed away when I was four. My son uses one of the guns my dad made, in reenactments. My father didn't really speak to me of his fascination with it, but my mother told me of it, years later, when I started being drawn to the same things my father was.

My kids are fascinated with it also. My son lives and breathes it. It's more of an obsession with him. It doesn't bother him though... he loves it! I can't really understand that because he's such a non-violent person, but he would sleep outside and eat nothing but hardtack if I'd let him, lol!

I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in this. It feels almost like I miss something that I just can't put my finger on, but I'm appalled and freaked out by it at the same time, if that makes sense.

I'm actually planning a trip to Gettysburg this year. I look forward to it, yet I dread it at the same time... so many contradictions, lol. I've been on real battle fields and like I mentioned in the OP, I can tell if many people died there, or very few, without prior knowledge of the place. The places where many people died just... I don't know how to put it... the atmosphere in these places feels so heavy, to the point that I physically hurt sometimes. I'm worried about how Gettysburg is going to affect me.

Thank you for your post! As you know, I had been drawn to your avatar in the past.
I remember U2U'ing you a few months ago about it.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wolfgang1812

Thank you so much for all of this info! There's so much of it that I have never even heard of, but I can guarantee you that I'll be looking it up right away! I didn't buy into past lives at all, until just a few years ago, when I started entertaining the possibility. Now I can't say that 100% convinced, but I'm leaning more towards the possibility than not. I haven't looked at the link yet where past lives have been scientifically proven. That may be enough to make me a firm believer... I'm almost there anyway.

I do have many ancestors that were in the war... probably more than I know about it, so it could just be, as you said, information that has been passed along to me. I've thought of this possibility. I feel like there's something specific I need to remember though... even if it's something violent, as much as I'm opposed to violence and can't stand it, I feel like I need to know, whatever it is. It's like there's something nagging at me that I just can't place, but if I could, I would be at peace with the whole thing. Does that make sense at all?

I'm going to follow the info given in this thread and hopefully be able to figure something out. Thank you so much for all the info! You gave me a treasure trove of information and really appreciate it!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

Wow, that's sounds so familiar! When I first met my boyfriend, I KNEW there was something going on there... it was like something just clicked, the very second I first laid eyes on him. I didn't know him, but our eyes locked and it was like two puzzle pieces just popped into place, lol. Now, I don't believe in love at first sight, and that really wasn't what it was like. It was more like we recognized each other. He wasn't what I considered to be "my type" and we barely talked at all that day, but I couldn't get him out of my head. I kept trying to find out who he was, but nobody knew him. Months went by before I saw him again. I was seeing another guy at the time and barely paid attention to him but I still felt that odd little feeling. I "coincidentally" ran into him again, a few months later, and we've been inseparable ever since. And yes, he's a reenactor and firmly believes that he is a reincarnated Civil War soldier. He's even pretty sure who he was. I'm not sure that he has any actual memories, but he's convinced he lived then and doesn't care how crazy anyone thinks he is for thinking that, lol.

Oh, and check out what I said about believing in past lives, in the previous post. That was meant for you, but I got my posts mixed up, lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Thank you! What you said does make sense. It could be that it's just pointing me towards being a peaceful person. I am the peace maker in the family. I can't stand for anyone to disagree. Now, nobody in my family is what I would consider violent, but I can't even stand arguments. I'm always the one trying to calm people down. So that could be the whole thing right there.

It's just so hard not to be curious, lol.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by autowrench

If you don't mind me asking, what were you able to find out through regression?

Well, I discovered that my last life before this one was in those times of Civil War. Before that were many lives, all were cut short, it seemed, like I was bread to fight in wars and die young. I strongly believe this is the first life in many years I have been allowed to grow old and raise a family. As for past lives, I have scant memories of may times and events, going back to a time before humans came to this universe. We have all been here for many lives, for the most part, and even though people refuse to believe that, it is still true.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Doesn't that just blow your mind? I had somewhat the same experience myself. My wife, right after we got together and she moved in with me, said to me one night that she had been with me before, in another time, and that we had been killed in a car wreck, and had lost each other until now. When she said that, I got a cold chill all over my body, and I knew she was telling it true. We have been together for 6 years now, and love each other to death. About 2 months ago, her, my wife's other self? appeared to me. This lady was older, maybe 50s, and had a beautiful dress on from another time. She looked like a Gypsy would look, with many bracelets, necklaces, rings and such. She stood right before me as I sat in a chair, and spoke in my head. She confirmed to me that she was my wife, and that we had been together before, and brought to mind several events that I remembered right off. Then she faded into dots and disappeared. What an experience!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
And I don't claim to have any psychic abilities... at least not more than the average person.

lol,start realizing that you do,and stop being so modest,enjoy it and embrace it,and its more then the average...for us that is,95% of every human you will ever meet on this earth will never understand us,you know what im talking about.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join