It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I see this kind of behavior from Christians often??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I consider myself to be a Christian. I rarely go to church, I read the bible once in a while and pray every night before bed. But I am sometimes disgusted by how some other Christians act. I manage a restaurant where a lot of people come after church, but you wouldn't be able to tell after seeing how rude, inconsiderate, demanding, and unforgiving some of the people are. Its like they forget everything that they have been taught. Its kind of embarrassing to see Christians act like this. But we are all guilty of being judgmental and degrading at some point in our lives. Yes I believe that you will be forgiven if you pray and ask for it, but it doesn't mean you can act in a negative way and get away with it.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
reply to post by The Djin

Well I guess I am. Christians believe with the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ we have a new covenant (agreement) with god. There is a new way to pay for sins and a new way to find salvation. It is my opinion that there is one God given law given by Jesus that trumps all others....."Love your neighbor as yourself". If we were to follow this law you couldn't have a slave, treat another as a second class citizen, covet, kill, betray, lie....I mean that simple commandment " Love your neighbor as yourself" covers absolutely everything.

And this why I absolutely adore Jesus. I don't think he was... Well, you know.

But the man was amazing. The things he tried to teach, his humility, etc. He had a great soul.

The man was a brilliant teacher and what he had to endure for it?

So yeah - I love Jesus, I just hate the dogma, the religion(s), etc. Why can't it be just "Jesus" and his basic teachings? Why do the current Abrahamic religions have to distort it and add dogma???

edit on 12/29/2010 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

It is just how people are when they are controlled by greed, pride, etc. Some saw an opportunity to be able to control others and benefit and profit from it. I see it happening in many different ways, but the very basis of religion allows for it to happen a bit more easily. However, i think we are seeing a switch to technology and science, instead of religion. It allows for more control over information dissemination and one only needs to look at the consequences of things like twitter, facebook, and smartphones along with a widening gap between peoples knowledge and the technology they use. Actually made a thread about that, but it seems no one else sees the control those things have even now... Not really sure..

You are right though, the teachings of jesus really are a beautiful thing, arent they? Its amazing how something like "love one another" gets so lost in the woodworks. That would dilute the ability to control through fear and anger. I think we can all make a difference though, we just have to decide to do such things for ourselves. I do feel its important that that love is present in both actions and the heart. I see one as to help others, and the other as to help yourself. In the end, they are the same thing

edit on 29-12-2010 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
First off, I'd like to say that I am a Christian, but I am completely with you, OP. The thought that you're completely forgiven for future sins is really dangerous, and I'm constantly infuriated when I see someone just blatantly disregarding the rights of others and treating salvation as some kind of celstial get out of jail free card.

I feel really bad for the guy in this video... nobody should say that stuff to anyone.

On another note, and please don't take this as me being arrogant or forcing my beliefs on you, in responce to your "I'm still going to hell, aren't I?" comment, I disagree.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

It is my opinion that there is one God given law given by Jesus that trumps all others....."Love your neighbor as yourself".

whoever may find it good to know it's not just your opinion

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.-Gal5

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.-John3

edit on 30-12-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by freedish

There are varying degrees of agnostics (just like christians). And most Agnostics do not dis-believe in a higher being... "that is atheism".

Agnostics do not like the idea of basing every aspect of their lives on a book that was written centuries ago by primitve men, whom are not much diferent than some primitive tribes still in existance on earth today.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Christianity is the only worthless, primitive, arrogant, self richious, intimidating, fear mongering, mind controling religion around...

Islam, Judism, 7th day, mormon, scientology are all pretty crap.....

If anyone came to world power from one of these religions, we'd be thrown back into the dark ages...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join