It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling all day TODAY (12/28/2010) in Western Washington

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Thank you for the response... As I was just skimming the beginning of this thread, before I posted the first post, I saw that a lot of these were heard at night, maybe? It's funny how you said during the day, because that's when the guys I was referencing said it happened... It was 2-3 of them who confirmed. Not sure if the whole group concurred, is why I say 2-3. Anyways, I'll check in soon.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by japhrimu

I have personally heard it both during the day and at night. I think it is easier to hear at night just because there is typically less noise to cover it up, but the one time it was loudest was at daytime.

I hope to get back out on my walks soon and I will update this thread if I hear it again. I have to say though that since I started this, it seems to have spread.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hey Tara....I don't know if you heard these 2 I recorded just recently....they are louder so you can hear better. You can hear the people next dooe freaking out
Does this sound like what you were hearing? This is the loudest I ever heard it. Everyone was shouting to hear each other it was so loud. Ir REALLY starts to get loud toward the end. These were recorded back to back at the same time, just uploaded on different days, but it was the same incident and went on for a long time....at least 30 minutes.

edit on 1/7/2012 by StealthyKat because: added video

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Yes, the 'whoosing', rythmic part of it sounds just like it! (especially at the 19 and 42 sec mark on 2nd vid)

I heard it again yesterday....from my driveway. Not loud enough to record from there with all the other background noise. I am hoping I can start going for walks again in a week or two.
edit on 9-1-2012 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I am in Eastern Washington and heard this around 3:00 AM so I started a thread as well... What. The. Hell....is going on???? Honestly I thought all this hype was stupid until I heard it for myself and it's NOT too comforting. We need answers...any answer is a good one at this point. Also, I'm currently in the Tri-Cities.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

I don't know what's going on also....there have been a ton of new experiences just this week.

As to the people suggesting we are making this up; well, you can see when i started this thread and you can tell by the videos I made (and stealthykat) that they are different from the ones people think are being used over and over again. This is real. I don't know what it is. I have been saying all along that I think it is coming from the ground and resonating off the atmosphere, which may be why the sound is enhanced when it's cloudy out.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Okay. Just incase there are still some of you following this thread.

I started a new thread because I heard the rumbling the loudest ever last night. I heard it again tonight. Although not as loud as last night (about half) it was still loud enough to record, even over the wind.

I got eight minutes of video. The best of it starts at the 5:20 mark and you may need head phones.

I jumped on FB and told my friends to go outside. It freaked out several people. Another friend heard the police tlaking about it on the scanner and then one of them reported that the naval base said they were testing some high powered jets. ???? I dunno, maybe that;s what it is. I am about an hours drive from the base...so wierd.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Bump...Incredible sound. Thank you for sharing that.

Been following this one, and most of the sound threads, and eq ones as always.

This sound is so odd, no matter where it is from.

One hell of a mystery for sure.
edit on 10-2-2012 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Wow...I haven't posted here in forever. I guess I didn't have much more to add as of late, since this sound has just become a part of things, without explanation.

However...this article was just posted on a local Seattle news site. There is a GREAT recording on it. Not exactly what I hear...I think this is closer to the source and I am hearing it from further away.

Strange hum keeping West Seattle awake

Direct link to the sound
edit on 6-9-2012 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I know this thread was started about 3 years ago, I found it last night when I kept hearing these low rumbling sounds that felt like they were coming from the sky. But like the original poster said you can FEEL the sound. Its quite similar to thunder, but definitely not thunder, or a plane/truck/train/engine etc. I heard it a couple nights ago but last night it lasted several hours. It isn't continuous, I think I hear them in groups of three. They are short, only lasting a second or two, then pause.... about 45 seconds goes by, and I hear it again. My gut also told me that its some geological, maybe seismic?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
So here we are...several years after I started this thread, and I just want to give an update.

Yes, the rumbling continues.

Since this thread started, a social media explosion called facebook happened.
In the past year, I have used it to try and find others in my community that hears it too and try to figure out what it is.

Some interesting things happened. First, yes...many others were hearing it. Even as far as 30-40 miles away. There were a gambit of ideas. I also discovered that one of the many seismic stations near me has the ability of recording INFRASOUND. Guess what? It shows up on it. SO...I not only have audio proof and other witnesses, but infrasound recording.

We may have figured out what it is: The nearby naval base; NAS sometimes does test firing of its jet engines out on the tarmac. My husband is a Navy vet and while the first time I heard this sound when it was really loud he wasn't sure what it was, he is now convinced its the base. I had one person confirm that they were testing engines during a time that the rumbling was heard.

However... I am about 40 miles from the base. One of my friends heard it from about 70 miles away. Seemingly just as loud. I don't know how that is possible. I admit that I do not have a full understanding of how soundwaves travel and I realize that atmospheric conditions have a HUGE affect on this.

SO...I will say that I think it is a strong possibility that we are hearing Navy jet engines being test fired, but I am not convinced.

I recorded it again just a bit ago. It was quite loud. In the following video, the sound is there when it starts. You HAVE to listen with headphones to get the full effect, because its very low tones. A truck drives by and then the sound abruptly cuts out at the .45 mark. It is very clear then what sound I am talking about. It quickly begins again at .51 and cuts out at 1.12 (not to come back) In comparisson to the birds singing, you can get an idea how loud and encompassing it is. You can 'feel' it...the vibration of it.

SO...what do you all think??

edit on 16-12-2013 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2013 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Someone in your area is trying to open a portal between dimensions using sonic frequencies. It shouldn't be a problem.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Mwahahaha...that was one of my other guesses.

I got a copy of the seismo feed, but the darn upload feature on ATS isn't working for me.

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join