It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling all day TODAY (12/28/2010) in Western Washington

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

There might not be that many options.
Maybe Infra-sound?
Geological changes and plate tectonics can generate it.
Ionospheric heaters: Antennae in Alaska, Puerto Rico, Norway and Russia used to heat the ionosphere create light effects similar to the aurora borealis and may create sound, as well.
Even extremely low-frequency communication systems (ELF radio transmissions) may produce audio effects.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just wanted to add the satellite photos from Google Maps of Jim Creek from above. It's just a screen capture so not the best. If you look closely you can see what appears to be two wires coming off of a tower. I didn't count all the towers, but I think there's at least a dozen or two.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57d3d77c0435.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cddab96ab638.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0236f5f2a36.jpg[/atsimg]

Here I'm pointing out the location of one of the towers if you follow the ridge roads each little square is a tower. Sorry for the weak text, but I'm using paint on the fly here. Don't mean to be taking the thread off on a tangent, but I felt my other post was incomplete.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d3e235f5e07.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 18-2-2011 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

I had no idea that was there. About a half hour from my house. I might have to take a road trip and see what the area sounds like.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

You still alive? How did your road trip go? Please tell me you are not being held prisoner in a D.U.M.B right now.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

LOL....haven't made it yet. Long weekend and the kids didn't have school friday or monday. Not much free time.

Suposed to get up to 6 inches of snow in the next couple of days...so maybe this coming weekend!!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
For the first time in a LONG time, when I went to bed last night (Feb 24, 2011) I did not hear the rumble at all. It was so completely quiet, the silence was deafening. The days leading up to that the rumbling sound was incredibly loud, but we also had a lot of snow and I couldn't rule out the snow just making the sound seem louder.

Also, none of it is lining up (at least in an obvious way) with what is going on with the magnetosphere so that throws out that theory for me (or using that to further refine what it is).

So first, did anyone else notice a total lack of hum/rumbling in the last 24 hours (which is now more eerie to me than hearing it), and does anything come to mind as to what else is going on that might make it louder in the previous few days & then total silence yesterday (and so far today)?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I just want to post an update to this thread. It has been quite a while. I have spoken more recently regarding the rumbling on my Washington State thread...but to sum it up; there hasn't been much of anything to talk about for awhile, regarding the rumbles.

It seemed to decrease drastically in volume and frequency prior to the Japan quake, and I haven't heard it since then. Another compelling reason for me to think it geologic in nature. Odd enough, at the same time, it is now being reported on the East coast and other locations except MUCH louder. Interesting.

So I have to make this connection: Ever since the Japan quake, there have been almost NO deep tremors. I do not believe in this kind of coincidence. I have been suspecting that this was what I'm hearing or that they are at least connected. I believe this even more now. I am concerned that it is gone. It is almost like something building to this big climax and then......nothing. I feel as if it is going to come from left field now when we least expect it. All that energy that the deep tremors was releasing is still there....below the surface....looking for a way out. The path of least resistance. Where will it rear its ugly head? I am afraid we are going to find out sooner than later.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I watch the following Seismic stations on a daily basis and the activity has definitely changed . . . not that it means anything is imminent, but there is positively more slippage going on in the area.

Portland, OR seismo

Longview, WA

McMinnville, OR

As well as many of the other stations in the area.

Edit to add: I started noticing the changes a couple of days back.
edit on 2-5-2011 by nonnez because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Haven't heard anything from my family on the Western side, when they were going on. I'm on the Eastern side, have only experienced bad weather today, and well for the most part of Spring. Over there, It probably attributes to the occurring smaller quakes around the western side...hopefully not getting bigger. Will be on watch for the sounds, if they do happen again.
edit on 2-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: correction

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I do not think most people can sense this movement, it is very subtle, although I have said before that I keep thinking I feel a slight tremor from time to time . . . probably just MS coming on knowing my luck. I just wanted to point out that the seismos have changed to get some possible feedback on it from the folks with a bit of background in the field.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

Well, I went through all my normal seismos that I monitor and didn't see anything alarming. A bit of small activity in a few areas but nothing scary. What exactly had you concerned?

There were another cluster of deep tremors today out on the southern end of Vancouver Island. I didn't make it outside to listen for anything due to it pouring all day long. I wouldn't be surprised to see a small quake out in the sound in the next day though.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Maybe I put this in the wrong thread. Nothing had me overly concerned, just pointing out that I had noticed a change and was simply wondering if there was anything to it is all. You answered that question, thanks.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

Good to know other people are paying attention!! I can't possibly watch them all, and usually just stick to the ones in washington, so I wouldn't necessarily notice something different on the Oregon Seismos.

Please let me know if you see anything else! I definately believe in patterns and it might be that one small anomally that is the tell-tale sign we need to be on the lookout for.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Other people in past years have also reported odd rumbling sounds. I saw a news video where people in Philadelphia heard loud booms like an explosion. Mystery boom baffles residents
The U.S. Geological Survey is now reporting that a magnitude 1.7 earthquake hit the Philadelphia region late Friday.

As you know with my thread, there is a mysterious noise that goes on non-stop. Living in middle TN all my life, I know the sounds of the insects and I've never heard any thing like it. So I know it's not the cicada. Well I have made a new recording of the sound early this morning of May 28, 2011. There are no cicada's in this recording. This noise is there and it never stops.
Mystery sound-better quality

edit on 29-5-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I live in a small dead logging town in SW Washington and last night I heard a huge explosion that rumbled for split second and flash of light. My dogs went nuts and a friend of mine heard it 8 miles away. Now I know what jets sound like, I know what rock quarry explosions sound like and it was something I had never heard before. It was about 10:45 to 10:50 last night. I have seen all sorts of things out here but nobody seems to talk about them. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas. I know it is a shot in the dark but thought I would give it a try.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by niteowlgirl

I also want to mention I have checked for any seismic activity, since I live very near Mt. St. Helen's and there was not any.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by niteowlgirl

Sorry...didn't see your post until now. I don't recall anything but ofcourse I am a great distance from you. It just seems that there are a lot of odd sounds/noises lately.

Bumping this up in case there is someone out there that DID hear it!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just to follow-up....reading some other current threads on these odd sounds in other areas has me re-visiting this again.

I haven't been out walking as much the past couple of months due to my arthritis acting up.
BUT...I walked yesterday and today and much like the last few times I made it out...nothing. At the same time, there haven't been any deep tremors recorded these days either...leading me again to think there is a correlation between them.

I will continue to watch/listen for it and report back.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Anybody still do this thread? I know it's old, but today, at school, some guys at school were just talking about a rumble the other day, within the last week(ish). I said I'd check into it, which I don't really do normally. So I googled it and this came up, and I couldn't believe it. Almost a year exactly after the thread started, what sounds like the same thing happened again. I'm IN Tacoma, but they swear it wasn't a jet from the nearby airbase. ANYBODY confirm this also, or did you guys figure out what it was?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hi there! Welcome! I am still around

I have been laid up for a little over two weeks now recovering from hip surgery, and for the same reasons hadn't been out on my normal walks for a while previous to that. So no, from me I can not not confirm it. Now last week, during the day, I thought I heard it for awhile, but because of my condition couldn't get outside to my normal, quiet listening area.

I did notice a thread started today regarding rumbling sounds heardin Northern Montana. I have always thought it to be tectonic or seismic in nature...but nothing has ever been confirmed.

Perhaps someone else can add more??

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join