It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling all day TODAY (12/28/2010) in Western Washington

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Hi Anmarie! Good to hear from you. You bring up some very good points, as always!

I love your analogy of the wine glass. And yes, I have thought too of other areas that may be having the same affect for similar reasons. I started a search the other night in fact, for any other studies under way for deep tremors in other places. I didn't have much time though and got frustrated when I couldn't find anything. I should try looking again because I think you are right!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Okay but if anything further turns up here in the east coast I'll U2U you so we don't water down this great thread. It's good to have a thread focused on one area.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Maybe its just seahawks fans?

www.nfl.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
If there is an Earthquake near East Germany in the next few Hours...than im probably hearing/feeling the same things...hope im wrong.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hello, what an amazing thread this is! Thank you to the OP and all who have added to it. I found ATS on Sunday and this nugget of a thread on Monday. I've read thru the entire thread, I'm caught up, joined & this will be my first post!
I wanted to add Portland to the list. Both my husband and I have heard & felt this starting in the late evening of the 27th though because it was past midnight it was early morning of the 28th. We were both on vacation and pulled an all nighter. My husbands family is from france, and we were trying to webchat with his sister, because her Birthday was on the 27th, and we were trying to catch her all day, but with the 9 hour time difference it's not so easy. So I know for sure the timing.
For us, it was coming from the west. We live on the west side of Portland. West to us is the Pacific. The clips that have been shared on this thread, is the same as what we've been hearing/feeling. It's noticeable more in the evenings though when I do hear it. I was so happy to have my husband hear what I have told him about hearing in the past. He even felt it, and we thought there must have been a quake, but didn't see anything coming up on USGS. But a quality I would place on it is it rattles. I have heard it on and off since then and prior to but the early morning hours of the 28th wins on the strength and depth the rumbling has had.
There was rumbling going on this past Saturday to Sunday that we heard/felt again. My husband was the first to point it out. It was after 3 a.m., we had finished up on skype with friends in france and were settling to bed. So he has had 2 different experiences with it. And I have had more than a few handfuls.
Again so glad to have found this site, and thread! There was a post about geese flying north on the 31st, and how weird it was to the poster, along with other activity observed (forgive me I don't know who posted this), but I found that post pretty interesting especially with the recent happenings with the wildlife. So many great entries to this thread, thanks again to the OP and all!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

There was a sonic boom somewhere in California it measured a 0.0 but was reported by many. You can see for yourself on the USGS site

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Portlandia

Thank you so much for posting and a BIG welcome to ATS!!! It is amazing to hear your story and once again have someone else collaborate what I have been hearing.

Having said that..I hope you see this post tonight, because the rumbling is VERY loud again!! I went on my daily walk a bit later today (about 4:00 Pacific time) and it was almost at the intensity that it was back on 12/28. It was coming almost due West this time.

Today, I experienced something new with it, and the post immediately preceding mine is almost eerie. I had just started walking when there was a large boom, that I felt at the same time. This was not just the percussion, but it seemed that the ground actually shook bit. Startled, I looked up with my initiall reaction being that perhaps lightening had just struck near me. There was in fact rumbling accompanying it, but not from lightening. It was the 'rumbling' that went on and on as normal, but it began with the boom.

During my 20 minute walk it came and went several times (no more booms) and was very distinct. I also heard a jet go over a couple of times and a train go by in the distance, re-enforcing yet again that what I am hearing is NOTHING like these other two things.

I think it is important to note, that similar to the 28th, there is a large weather system brewing just off the coast. I still don't think it is weather related, but that maybe the presence of this system makes it easier for me to hear it. (bouncing back the sounds more?)

Also interesting, is that weren't any deep tremors recorded today (like the 28th) and so far, nothing listed on USGS. I am off now to check out the local seismos to see if there were any small spikes near me at about 3:55 to 4:00 pm.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If you want to hear what the rumbling that I hear sounds like, I uploaded a small (56.7MB) video directly from my cellphone. Here is the download link: www.filedude.com...

As you can hear, the rumbling is moderately loud, almost as loud as if there were a low flying jet nearby, except there are no jets, and it lasts for several minutes and repeats at regular intervals.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Blazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

I really wish I could hear your recording, but I am having issues with the website. It is stuck on buffering, and my comp. then blocks it and says it isn't safe?

any other way to listen to it?

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Yeah that site is not meant for streaming, you have to download the file completely and then play it locally. I tried to upload it to media.abovetopsecret.com but it said that I "had no permissions to upload".

EDIT: This link should work: dl.dropbox.com...
edit on 12-1-2011 by Blazer because: added working link

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

Interesting video. The rumbling you have captured sounds a little too like an airplane or distant traffic, but that could just be the quality of the audio, or you are picking that up as well as the genuinely anomalous rumble. You could isolate the soundtrack and amplify the rumbling. I am sure there is software to do just that.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed the number of small earthquakes that are in the western half of the US today? It's a bit unusual......

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hello WestCoast & everyone else,

I didn't experience that yesterday, I was cleaning house about that time, and running the vacuum! I have been feeling a little seasick so to speak, since yesterday evening, it comes in waves.
I too, JustSaying, noticed the increased activity for the western states too. I've been feeling nervous all day today, so I've been using the energy to be ready as I'll ever be for a quake.
I have gone thru the NET/CERT (neighborhood emergency team, certified emergency response team) training, and have been preparing for the big one. Today,I put some more things into my kits and gear near the door. I also stacked the cat carriers closer to the door (both are open & ready), I did a few things, turned around and 1 kitty was in the top carrier laying down, the other was already halfway in the bottum one and then made herself cozy and layed down. Which, I found odd, as they have never been a fan of the carriers & both pretty much within a 5 minute time span were inside one!!!
I was up late last night, I heard lots of sirens on and off due to all the accidents from our little ice storm, but no rumbles. Though I've been feeling little vibrations on and off. Lots is brewing, thats all I know. Do you have an ER kit and things ready? With the weather being so cold in the past week, it reminded me we didn't have any extra socks, hats, gloves and pull over hoody sweatshirts to add a layer of warmth. If the big one were to strike on a cold windy evening, I want more than a poncho and space thermal blankets!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Portlandia

Thanks for our input! You bring up some really good points. While I hope your feelings for needing to be prepared are wrong, it is always a good idea to have some supplies for any kind of natural disaster.

Anmarie96 brought THIS thread to my attention. It is quite interesting. Without getting into it too much, it is website by HAARP that shows atmospheric magnetic readings on a daily basis. In a nutshell, the past 36 hours have been really active.

I took a look at 12.28....hmmmmm. CHART

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Yes, I've been following that thread myself today.
I use this website to monitor the magnetosphere www2.nict.go.jp...

I like it because of all the charts in one spot, click the latest images to view current status.
You can also go to the movie archives and check out 12/28/10, check it out!
It is pretty interesting stuff!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Hey, this thread was brought to my attention, since I made a thread about similar events in Sweden (www.abovetopsecret.com...). Not sure if I'm any wiser after reading it, but it feels nice to know that I'm not alone :-)

And about the magnetometer mentioned above, how weird is this: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Why is the pic of 20100810 switched to a pic of 19970101?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pimpinette
And about the magnetometer mentioned above, how weird is this: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Why is the pic of 20100810 switched to a pic of 19970101?

I know I read that post too and was off to investigate the photos archive... yeah, what's up with that? It's pretty bizarre... I even went forwards and backwards for months and didn't see that again... very strange to say the least!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So westcoast. Do you think these rumbling sounds are related to your other thread about the slow moving tremors?
I always get these two threads confused when I read them. Look's like we could find out in a day or two, these tremors have been moving northward the past week and are now under Olympia. Maybe if you hear any rumbling sounds check the pnsn website to see if they are related.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Isaac (RIP DUSTIN)

Hi there! I know this thread has gotten long, so I certainly don't expect anyone other than myself to know what all is here.

I have been comparing to rumblings to the tremors....on some days when I hear it, there aren't any recorded. On others, it when it is recorded, it is coming from the direction I have heard it. I have been thinking the same thing as you this whole time. I DO believe the driving force behind the tremors is the same as the rumbling, but not the same thing.

I suspect that I might be hearing a different freq. of tremor, or movement associated with it. Something that to date is not being recorded.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
earthquake in pakistan now on news and /USGSearthquake.usgs.gov...

news.blogs.cnn.com...

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join