It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling all day TODAY (12/28/2010) in Western Washington

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
So, this is a bit compelling. I would like you guys to compare these two maps:

Are you seeing the same thing as me???

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Ok, so those seismos are normal? How do you not live in constant fear of eruption? I guess you must get used to it. This is the latest from Mt Hood, TDH. I s'pose this is normal too.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04735dd4e84d.gif[/atsimg]

Thanks for the links for the geo history. I look forward to some peace and quiet to get into it.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...
Basically the whole west coast lighten up,WoW,Am on my way to san francisco to see whats, what,I had a premonition about san franny,i hope it does`nt give.
edit on 31-12-2010 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I'm seeing the west coast faults, the Madrid/Wabash faults.....but what's that in S.C?

There does seem to be a bit of a trend starting.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I have been following along on this tread and all I can say it that this is the reason I love ATS. Members working together to puzzle something out.

WestCoast, The two maps you posted above reminded me of one of my favorite info threads on ATS.
ATS Thread - San Andreas like fault found in the Eastern US.

From the source of that thread, Discovery News:

May 28, 2010 -- For 30 years geologists have been puzzled by a remarkably straight magnetic line that runs between New York and Alabama along the Appalachians. A recent aerial magnetic survey uncovers a 500-million-year-old San Andreas-type fault. The fault is invisible from the surface and remains mysterious. It's currently inactive, but the right set of conditions could set it off. The line on the map marked as "NY-AL" shows where the fault lies.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c44547d7b54.jpg[/atsimg]

Comparing your map of locations in the South Eastern US, really lines up with this "new" fault found. What has me so fascinated about this is I have felt vibrations from the ground. Sometimes when it happens, my two dogs startle and get nervous. We have also had mysterious rumbles and booms in my area also. We live close to the Oak Ridge National Labs, so I always joke with me husband that "they" must be tunneling again.

Hope this helps. Maybe there is a similar magnetic fault near you?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
here some earthquake animations in last 7 days.
Link
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zenius

Yup, wind!

Yesterday
TDH.UW..EHZ.2010.364

Today
TDH.UW..EHZ.2010.365

These are good for around 14 days. After that the links won't work.

Note that VFP (Flag Point) does not show these so they are small local ones to TDH except the one at approx 09:18 UTC which looks more local to VFP

Yesterday
VFP.UW..EHZ.2010.364

Today
VFP.UW..EHZ.2010.365

edit on 31/12/2010 by PuterMan because: To add plots

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

I do believe scientifically there is a significance of 2012 when our solar system will pass the galactic equator

Do you have some reference for this? The reason I ask is because I was interested in this thread which said

Well current scientists have always been puzzled why the Milky Way is on an angle, and we are moving perpendicular to the plane of the galaxy... in fact currently we are 50 light years out and will move out to 250 light years above the galactic plane before we 'bob' back down.

At face value that would appear to preclude any possibility of 'crossing' the galactic plane in 2010.
edit on 31/12/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Green mists, green rivers!

Are 'the greens' up to something?

Somehow I think this does not relate to the 'sounds' but it is interesting none the less.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Geez, the similarities of those two maps gives me the willies! Thanks for putting those up there!

So maybe it really is geological. That is too freaky.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
For what its worth within the last week I experienced prolonged deep rumbling like thunder; except it just kept on going and didn't let up. I had been awoken from a sleep by this and was too tired to actually go outside and see what was going on. Its winter and we don't usually get thunderstorms. It wasn't raining or anything. So I just went back to sleep.
Ya gotta wonder tho. There is no underground work done within 20 miles of where I live, (Southern Ontario, Canada) and then its just salt mines. There were small earthquakes recently around Inianapolis SW of here, and in Quebec which is even further East.
edit on 12/31/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thank you soooo much! Very interesting post. I don't think I had ever heard of this 'magentic fault' before. I think it just goes to prove once more that we are discovering new geological oddities all the time!!

I am updating the map...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zenius

I agree with puterman, that most of the 'noise' on that seismo is wind. Puterman will be the first to tell you, that I have a lot of 'education' right here on ATS (mostly the Yellowstone and Quake watch threads). While I have always had a vested interest in seismic/volcanic activity, I didn't really know how to read/interpret the info. He and others here have really helped me keep a level head and learn about it. (this is an on-going process) To the point that I have been seriously considering going back to get a degree.....

Anyways, keep watching. You are correct that there is almost always some rumbling or quaking going on at one or more of the cascade volcanos!! (I think it is far to say I am 'used' to it, but not 'comfortable'
)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Thank you! I am adding you to the map...I am doing my best to guess approximately where you are, based on Southern Ontario, East of IN. Let me know if I am way off!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by wayno

Thank you! I am adding you to the map...I am doing my best to guess approximately where you are, based on Southern Ontario, East of IN. Let me know if I am way off!

I am pretty near to Detroit, MI, but in Canada. Our earthquakes have always been of the very mild variety, and far and few between, but things could change. With all the climatic and weather crazies going on I do feel earth itself could possibly be in for some abrupt changes.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Here's another updated map:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The first two links are to posts in this thread.

I have to say that the question asked by Zenius and the answer by JustMike impressed me so much that I have (with Mike's kind permission) reproduced them in the learning section Q & A of my QVS Blog. Click the question to see Mike's response.

(Sorry I did not ask your permission Zenius but you know...)

Many thanks to you both.

edit on 31/12/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Here's another updated map:

I don't know if you mapped my location, but I am just north of the Memphis area adjacent to the Mississippi River.I am hearing the same as many others from other areas on this map.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Yup...one of those X's is for you! I have tried to go through the thread and list all of the responses.

Thank you!

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I just returned from a walk again (getting lots of exercise lately
) and i have two things to report.

One, the rumble is back. It is only half as loud as the 28th, but can still be heard. I tried to record it again, but I don't have the time right now to go through downloads/uploads. (errand and life call) But I will do it later if you can hear it.

Today, however, it is coming from the NW rather than the SW like the 28th and 29th. If i had to guess, I would say it is coming from somewhere just south of Vancouver Island.

Second...I noticed something that may or may not be related. Earlier when I was out back, severa flocks of geese flew over (not wierd)...but they were all going NORTH. This, I think, is wierd. BUT...perhaps they were just moving to a better field.

Well, while I was out walking for about 1/2 hour, I would say at least ten different flocks of Snow Geese flew over....ALL of them going to the north. (In the vid you will undoubtedly hear gun shots at said birds)

My understanding is that they shouldn't be going North yet. I don't think it is just birds going from one field to another. These are decent sized groups in V formations, a good distance up all going DUE North. Just seems a bit odd to me.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join