It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling all day TODAY (12/28/2010) in Western Washington

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I know there was a thread last year about the rumbling heard here every once in a while by many people:

What's Shaking the Skies of the Northwest?

We also talked about it a bit in my thread titled:

What might really be happening in Washington State? ..... Which is a thread about some theories surrounding Washington State geology and volcanics/tectonics, but I think it is all related.

I have personally heard this rumbling/vibrating three times in the past two years. Keep in mind that I have lived in Washington State for most of my life....35 years and in Western Washington for twenty of those. I know what a Jet sounds like. I used to live near an airport and have been around naval bases enough to know what it sounds like. I also know what a train/truck/etc. sounds like. Let me be VERY, VERY clear here: IT IS NOT A JET that I am hearing. Nor is it thunder (which I at first thought it might be the first time I heard it.) It has the same quality as thunder, in that you actually feel it as well as hear it. But it doesn't have the same build-up or release and lasts wayyyy too long for it to be thunder.

On the three other occasions I heard it, it was always at night, brief and I wasn't able to get anyone else to hear it. Today was different. It might even still be happening. I desperately wanted to post at the time, but couldn't. I first noticed it early this afternoon when I went out in the hot tub. (same as the last time but then it was at night) It was so loud and long lasting that I didn't realize what I was hearing at first. I looked at my husband who also heard it and I raised my eyebrows. "Loud train?" I asked...he shrugged his shoulders. As he was talking, I tried to pay attention but kept being drawn back the sound, It wasn't a train. It ebbed and flowed. I thought it was a train at first because I could feel it...the vibration, as if it were a train close by. The tracks run past not quite a mile away so at times when you are outside you can hear it briefly. But this wasn't a train. It went away...then it came back. I listened. Definately NOT a jet. Yes, we have jets here. I heard several of them today, over TOP of the rumbling...it is a VERY different sound.

About an hour later I went out for a walk and to my surprise I heard it the WHOLE time!!! It is coming from the SouthWest...off the coast, towards puget sound. I am located about 80 miles North of Seattle. I could FEEL it. I tried to record it with my camera vid, but it was too faint. When I got home, I got my HD recorder and went out back. It was still there. My son came outside and he clearly heard it too. While we listening, a jet flew over...making it even more apparant that what we were hearing was unique. I tried to record it. My HD recorder is extremely sensitive to sound however and would rather pick up on whatever is loudest...including my breathing, the birds, footsteps, coat rustling and dogs barking....BUT you CAN hear it if you listen hard. I just can't figure out how to upload it!!!! If someone can help explain to me how to upload media here, I will insert it.

Is there anyone from Washington State that heard this today? Go outside now and see if you can still hear it.

I still believe that it is geological in nature. The sounds reverberates through my body and it's HUGE. It sounds like it is coming from the sky....but it eminates through your body like it's from the ground. I don't know if that makes sense??? I would love to see if these rumblings tie into tectonic activity. The last time I heard it it came from the SouthEast of my location, the time before to the NorthWest, but always from the sky.

Is there going to be a large seismic event of the coast of Washington/Oregon soon? There were no deep tremors recorded today: Tremor map

There were so far no quakes in our state today: USGS quake list

And lastly, no volcanic activity (I have described this sound as similar to when Helens errupted, which I experienced): PNSN network link

I realize I could post this in either of the related threads I linked, but since it has been awhile and I have a recording of it, I think it warrants it's own thread. Thoughts? Ideas??? (someone to help me post the vid???)

edit on 28-12-2010 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2010 by westcoast because: Gramatics.

EDIT TO ADD: I went ahead and uploaded to Youtube. I have two recordings. Sorry for the quality, by the mic is too sensitive for up close, not so much for far away.
Both of them, if you listen hard, you can hear a far-away rumbling at about the 9 second mark. Warning, loud dog bark at the end of the second one!!!

edit on 28-12-2010 by westcoast because: because I'm a nube

edit on 28-12-2010 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
where did you upload the video to?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Nowhere.... I just want to upload direct to my accound here and embed it that way. Is that possible? It gives me the option, but then it only takes me to step one without any other options.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It is really weird that you just made this thread. I live in Northern California, and we just went through a 3.6 earthquake. It's storming here something serious. Nothing of that nature down here though. Would definitely like to hear the audio on this - Hopefully someone here will show you how to upload it.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Make sure its in the correct file type. Allowed File Types: gif jpg bmp png swf wmv mpg avi flv mpeg rm mov 3gp mp4 asf mp3 wav midi mid pdf php

Max File Size: 50MB

I haven't used the media upload for anything but pictures personally. I hate ats for saving media, it sometimes messes up for me.

Youtube works easy enough also if you want to use that.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hope you can get the audio here - interesting! There are some great experts on the Earthquake 2010 thread - I was there a while ago and as you I didn't see anything for your area. However a member made a prediction for a large quake in California within the next 2 weeks - I hope he/she was kidding as he/she said earlier don't take me seriously. Are you trying to describe this as a humming of the earth?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Okay, I edited the OP. Went ahead and uploaded to YouTube...first time. It's not that great, but you can hear it a bit....at least gives you an idea.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I heard a slight rumble, kinda like how the rain is rumbling on my roof right now, but its not raining in the videos.

It surely is strange!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

no, no rain. It was cloudy and drizzly earlier, but (amazingly) not actively raining. I have to tell you, it freaked me out a bit. I live on a dead-end county road. When I went for my walk, it was so loud and constant and.....pent-up that I felt as if something was really about to happen. It is so hard to describe and the vids don't do it any justice.

I'm hoping that there is someone else here at ATS that experienced it today.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I live in Western Washington. I have heard rumbling in the past, but not today. I never thought it was a big deal, myself.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I live in Washington state, west of Seattle. I just stepped outside to check, and i think i can hear an odd rumbling. It seems to build intensity, and then kind of fade. I have a freeway behind my house, and i can hear it over the traffic noise, which is much louder than the anomalous rumble. I don't live in any commercial flight paths, so i'm not sure what the sound is. I'll keep checking to see if i still hear it, and maybe try to record it after traffic dies down(too much background noise now).

link   
Thanks for the try but I couldn't really hear anything to well. My house is full of noise right now so I will try early in the morning when all is quiet. Don't give up, if it happens again try recording again.

link   
I am nowhere near an expert. I would just like to throw this theory out there. Are you close enough to the coast that it is the surf? I've never lived near a coast myself. I wouldn't know. I was thinking there's been many systems recently. Please don't think I'm not taking your post seriously. I started a thread on the Juan de Fuca Plate earlier this year.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Me and my wife actually heard a rumbling sound maybe a week or so ago. It was around 10 pm and I heard what sounded like a jet engine that wouldn't go away.. It maybe lasted a minute. And no it wasn't a plane/train.
Next day at 3:30 pm I heard it again, but from Bellevue. Same noise, lasted about a minute.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Can't hear it in the videos...wish I could, then I'd know for sure if what we are hearing is the same. I live on the east coast and have heard what you are describing. It's a creepy sound that puts dread in my heart. Haven't heard it in a long time though.

I speculate it could be a couple of things such as:

Evil energy might sound like this if it is not encased within a living creature.

Or, the earth is being dragged somewhere and this is the sound it makes.

Or it could be the sound of earth dying.

Or, it could be the sound of war in the heavens.

Or maybe it's the gates of hell starting to crack open.
edit on 12/28/2010 by Key-Minder because: cleaning up messy spelling~

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Every time I read these post about the rumblings I always wonder if it some type of drilling or tunneling going on around or underneath you. What do those huge boar machines sound like? Anyone know? At least that might explain why you feel it but cant tell where the sound is coming from... I really have no idea, just tossing a thought or idea to consider. Sounds rather ominous though...

edit on 28-12-2010 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I hear and feel rumbling quite a bit lately, so much so that I am starting to ignore it. I am in Central Oregon.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I thing that the boring might be an answer... We all know that the TPTB are going underground when the SHTF so maybe that is our answer.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hey WestCoast - always good to throw these things out there ... before the 7.1 quake we had here in September many locals near the epicentre had reported hearing what they thought were "booms" coming from the local military bomb range practice area - except no bomb exercises had been carried out during that time.

About 2 weeks later the 7.1 hit...

Since then, there has been reports that "booming" preceeds a large quake - if I find any stories/links I'll add them..

We are still getting aftershocks and many just sound like distant "booms" or lengthy rumbles.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
yep, this is most likely boring with a nuclear melter...last year it was by anacortes....i have a forex client there, i'll ask him.....boring should be expected on the coast going north and south for the logistics of it. mt shasta and north for sure. if it is underground...it would easily seem to resonate from the sky in ones ears

i suppose from mt shasta to fairbanks, huh!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join