It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Updated 2010: Immigration, World Poverty and Gumballs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Global humanitarian reasons for current U.S. immigration are tested in this updated version of immigration author and journalist Roy Beck's colorful presentation of data from the World Bank and U.S. Census Bureau. The 1996 version of this immigration gumballs presentation has been one of the most viewed policy presentations on the internet.

Presented by immigration author/journalist Roy Beck

Learn More.....
www.NumbersUSA.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I knew that the world population was out of control, but I had no realistic conception of by how much.

An important video and a strong message.
edit on 28-12-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Our borders need to be sealed shut immediately if the U.S. wishes to remain a first world nation.

All immigration needs to be cut off ASAP.

Wave upon wave of 3rd world people will not benefit Americans in any way.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Double edge sword...

Closed: keep division amongst our fellow man from around the world.

Opened: wreak havoc and racism for as long as it takes till TPTB/Politics/Religions implode on themselves.

I'm goin through the pain with option two...
That's the only true and natural way to adapt to the world we're trapped in for the moment.

"The pathway to Enlightenment is through the pain."

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
Our borders need to be sealed shut immediately if the U.S. wishes to remain a first world nation.

I'm an immigrant from a third world nation.

I work, I pay taxes, I have a brother serving in the Army. I'm extremely patriotic.
I have a business plan I'm putting into the works right now with my GFs family that will
create at least 8 new high tech jobs over the next year.

Tell me I don't contribute.

As to the OP. This man is right on target. If the third world is going to ever become prosperous they need to shed their debt, they need to form free markets, and they need to take control of their political systems. And they have to do it themselves. Otherwise the the third world will always be the third world.
edit on 28-12-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
There is something fishy about my native country Mexico, they have so many resources, so much potential, but their hands seem tied, how is it possible I ask you all, that Carlos Slim, from Mexico could pull off being the richest man in the world (dunno if he still is I havn't checked)

I totally agree with helping them in their own country, Something needs to be done to improve conditions in third world countries.
no matter how much you try to seal up the border, that is not going to stop immigration. Look at it this way, what makes someone want to leave their country? what makes someone want to enter a country?

People talk about money being sent to Mexico by immigrants, but how about the money being taken from mexico by big corporations? The people don't profit much, the Mexican government probably does but they don't help the people, they only help themselves.

The fact that Walmart has products made in Mexico does not help anyone, they don't pay the workers enough and don't have the same standards as production companies in the US, while at the same time taking jobs that could be done by US Citizens.

The Mexican government is too corrupt, but some say that it is changing a bit, not enough to be sure, but little by little. The best solution is to help Mexico raise the quality of life, make it a rich nation to keep the people there working and want to stay there, they have resources up the you know what, if Mexico can be helped this way, I believe Immigration will no longer be a problem in the US. If Mexico can indeed be helped this way, the same will go for other countries.

It's like being a good neighbor. You see your neighbor having trouble with something, you'll help him out and vis a versa
edit on 28-12-2010 by Majestic Lumen because: Run off sentences.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

sadly if someone want to change things the CIA is gonna be knocking your door. Look at Guatemala One of its president Jacobo Arbenz tried to improve Guatemala but ended up being taken out

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Third world countries are the richest and most abundant with natural resources.

The shadow government capitalizes when the populace are unfit and too ignorant to see the natural wealth that exists without paper money.

It's really a sad state of being what our planet is traumatized with.

She's waking up though, and she's not very happy.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

hey look dude the country is founded on immigrants. So please let me correct you "All illegal immigration needs to be cut off ASAP"

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

hey look dude the country is founded on immigrants. So please let me correct you "All illegal immigration needs to be cut off ASAP"

Starred!

Nice response bud.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Reply to Both Starwarsisreal and TheGiantPeach
I guess the only thing to do is either, stir up a massive revolution in Mex and other thrid world countries
or
the more likely scenario, ride it all out.

I would opt for a Mexican revolution. But to find "untouchable" people (in terms of corruption) to run the country well not impossible but imporobable lol

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Great point, although riding through it stirs up the revolution.

So either way we look at it....

"Viva la Revolucion!"

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Has this video been posted before?

Checked the search, nothin came up.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGiantPeach

Che Guevara lived in Mexico before the Cuban revolution. The Castro brothers convinced him to go to Cuba.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Illegal immigration is a burden on the tax payer....period! The 14th Amendment needs to be removed. Most of the illegal immigrants from the southern border, come here to exploit our country, not embrace it. That is a known fact, with the simple fact that they send over 40 million back to mexico annually. If they truly wanted to be a contribution to this country, that very same money would be kept here stimulating our economy.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

Founded upon, back when the country needed population growth.

Such isnt the case anymore.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I never said an individual immigrant didnt contribute, I said large numbers of 3rd worlders never ended up benefiting the host nation.Our country is so screwed, adding more and more uneducated and unskilled people to the problem certainly isnt going to help and will only expedite the downfall.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

But I'll say it! They don't contribute! Period! Exploitation is hardly a contribution.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Oh? And who am I exploiting?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join