It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal judge dismisses Republican Joe Miller's lawsuit to overturn results of Alaska's Nov. 2 ele

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Source- Anchorage Daily News

A federal judge today dismissed Republican Joe Miller's federal lawsuit seeking to overturn the results of the Nov. 2 election, clearing the way for U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski to be certified as the winner.

U.S. District Judge Ralph Beistline issued a 14-page order this afternoon in which he said Miller wasn't raising any federal issues that he needed to resolve. He ordered Miller's entire federal case dismissed. Beistline wrote that he would not second guess the Alaska Supreme Court, which already had ruled against Miller.

He also lifted a block on the election's certification that he had previously imposed. State officials have said the election would be certified Thursday if the block were lifted.

Just passing along the news as I find it to my ATS-ers. It looks as if some Republican infighting has been put to rest in the courts. Miller was contesting the election back on Nov 2nd when he ran against the incumbent and first ever woman Senator from Alaska Lisa Murkowski. The situation was a bit murky back and forth and the race ran close. Once the final votes were tallied, Miller refused to concede and instead contested through the courts (remind anyone of some other races?). I wonder if he will concede now that his fellow magistrate has ruled against him.

new topics

join