It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I spent 3 hours in the ER on the 15th. I just got my $11,000.00 bill in the mail.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Too bad you aren't an illegal alien, you wouldn't have to pay anything at all...........

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

That's a particularly nasty comment to make. It illustrates poignantly why the US is going to Hell in a handbasket. I hope you're only trolling ,for your own conscious' sake..

Nice, be it acidic, illustration of egocentrism and hate for poor people, Bah. Sorry to say, but You, sir ,You disgust me.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I have conditions that prevent me from getting a part time job. I have to walk 13 miles to the nearest bus stop to get on public transportation to go to a part time job. By the time I get to the bus stop, I will require medical care for the shortness of breath and chest pains. I will be offering the hospital $5.00 a month. I will see what they say. I never said I wanted FREE. I want payments that take into account my income.

Rich people come from the world over to purchase American medical care. Yet poor Americans die by the thousands each year who cannot afford American medical care.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If your so pissed move to Canada and become a Canadian citizen to get the tests, we wait months but don't pay a cent.... So longer wait times or insanely expensive bill to pay for the machine, the doctors, technicians, and various others.
edit on 28-12-2010 by Xiamara because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

I cannot move. I live with my elderly father and he depends on me to take care of him.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

$11,000 or $3,000,it's all the same when you have nothing to begin with. This poor person is now burdened with yet another horrible debt they neither want nor should be and all you can say is 'suck it up'? This whole sham monetary system is killing people-literally. There's only so much a person is capable of,you know.

If people really wanted the economic system to 'work',everyone would have the right to free basic housing,food,medicine and clothing. Anything fancy or extra you want,you can work and pay for,granted. These things are required for survival. Not optional, my friend. We're born into this world with no choice so there are just some things we shouldn't be saddled with. Secure workers are happy,productive workers.

Just my two bits,for what it's worth...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You are obviously a very diligent and honest person. Please relax and good job getting that bill down, that was going to be my first piece of advice.

Second piece, you are a good writer. Compose a letter regarding your circumstances during these hard times you are in, personalize to each vendor. When ever a vendor calls you, respond with the fact that nothing has changed. Only speak to a vendor one time per day or they will suck you dry. You have no job and $50.00 is your current cash flow. On $50.00 per month, I gather you have savings. Tell no one. What they need to know is currently you have $50.00. Apply for unemployment, when you get it, do not pay the bills even then. It will be a pittance.

Third piece, when they go into collection, always call the collection company back with a status but only once per day. DO NOT pay the bills until you get a new job. If you own a home permit the vendors to record a lien against the property. You must contact your local HUD office on your residence ASAP. Stop paying your house payments for 90 days, then start paying from your savings if you do not have a job and put your house on the market.

But, my friend, do not let them inside you, they do not get to have you, yourself, your calm. Its been war for quite a while and now you are in. Be calm, ask for help, keep your cash.

I know what you are thinking this person is a grifter. No, this is from experience, me, little goody two shoes and her spouse, used their cash, paid up everything like a couple of Pollyanna's and when we were both not working, our bank canceled our credit lines and American Express took the cards. I have a myriad of horror stories but who needs to hear them, no one. You and everyone have enough of their own and if they do not, we can move on over to the Illuminati, Bilderberger, Skull and Bones, etc thread and debate those who do not. I would find them either suspicious or next on the list. Be brave, know that you are not alone.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Fact of the matter, is that the medical services provided in the US is a sham.. Why is it an illegal immigrant can receive free health care. And yet a citizen of this country is harassed and over charged for minimal procedure at best. Just another extortion scheme perpetrated by the elite.
With the amount of monies extorted from the American public, that being taxes, you would think that the one thing that is administered free would be healthcare. But nope, instead our healthcare not to mention the reform that our messiah suggested, increases the burden on the tax payer, and also implements extra fees to those whom were given care.

Just doesn't make sense. The revolution can't get here fast enough~

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
reply to post by groingrinder

I'm not sure what the point is. You had all of these procedures done,
knowing you only have $50.00 a month, you knew this going to the
Medical Center. Now what? Are you mad at society or the Hospital
in general because they didn't wipe out the entire debt? You stated
that they took off $8,000 and have $3,000 left to pay off. I would say
that is a pretty darn good arrangement. What are you complaining
about? Suck it up and get a part time job. Do something besides
complaining to ATS.

edit on 28-12-2010 by endtimer because: (no reason given)

Yes, because poor people are just supposed to suck it up and suffer....or better yet die...right?

Last time I was in the hospital they tried charging me $300 for one Tylenol PM.

If selling basic medication to people at a 5,000 % mark up isn't corrupt and evil then what is? In the financial world it is known as usury, in the medical world it is called net profit.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Don't worry. If you really only make $50.00 per month, you won't have to pay it. They'll write it off or make me pay it for you.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
A clear indicator of a scheme being afoot is the ease with which an $11,000 gets dropped to $3,000.

What are the factors present in that drastic difference in cost?

Something tells me that even that $3,000 is still a substantial markup as with any good or service.

How many of us with insurance are blindly and dumbly paying the pre-corrected $11,000 amounts? Since nobody really shops around because medical consumers are one of two people, insured and complacent or uninsured and blind with rage, I'm willing to bet we're all paying outrageous prices for things that are essentially buffered from the real marketplace by virtue of insurance and politics.

So I want to know why it was so easy for a hospital to just write off $8,000.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

You are absolutely correct. I take care of my elderly father and when his medical bills come in, we go over them to make sure that the insurance is properly taking care of them. I am constantly amazed at the amounts that are charged and commonly paid without questioning by Tri-Care and Medicare. He went into a hospital for a stent, they told him he did not need one, and released him that day after earning $65,000.00 from his insurance.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Wow, took me so long to write my post, much more posting happened. So sorry about your Dad and he is very important. You must take care of him. Have you confided in him? Does he own his home? This can work out well for you and you can spend quality time with your Dad. I lost my Mom, I wish I had more time with her. She did not own her home, but we went to HUD and really got her rent payments down. Keep us posted.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
No worries
Send them $5 a month and you should be fine. Its good faith payments, can't go on your credit report, and there you have it.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Good stuff, ATSers to the rescue, love it! Many blessings groingrinder. Help is on the way!

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
You said:

complaining to ATS.

But in a previous thread authored by you, you wrote:

We would love to
stop the wars, treat people fairly and have a growing economy as we had
just a short time ago, but the elites are screwing the whole world to satisfy
them and only them. They don't care about the "little people" anymore. We the
American public are the little people that bend over for these corrupt and
morally bankrupt thugs that are ruining this country and big chunks of the world
also.

You, sir, are the morally bankrupt problem. you are the exact thing you railed against pretending you are somehow different...no, you are a perfect representation of that which you proclamed to hate.

Sorry mate..you looked at a "little person" and sneered at it. You decided elitism only need get proper healthcare, and insinuated that if the disgusting poor person couldn't afford life saving health care, they simply should have had the decency to die.

Once -your- mindset is eradicated from the public, then we can start discussing fairness and equality...but until such time, well..you are the problem.
edit on 28-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

complaining to ATS.

Yes, because poor people are just supposed to suck it up and suffer....or better yet die...right?

Last time I was in the hospital they tried charging me $300 for one Tylenol PM.

If selling basic medication to people at a 5,000 % mark up isn't corrupt and evil then what is? In the financial world it is known as usury, in the medical world it is called net profit.

When I said, suck it up, I meant to try and find a way to
pay for the remaining bill. And why do I care what the hospital
charged you for a Tylenol? And yes, the hospitals are corrupt
as could be when making charges. Why do you complain to me
about that? Do I set up the costs for this crap? No !! I don't.
I would have gone to the hospital as well, but I would gladly find
a way to pay for the remaining 3 thousand, and that is after they
discharged 8 thousand of it. And no, I don't want people to die.
Show me where I said that. Go ahead, quote the exact sentence
and post where I said anything like that. You are only satisfying
your own twisted thoughts.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by angelwrangler

My thanks to you and the other well wishers. I hope that my payments will be enough for them not to take the other thirty dollars out of my bank account and close it down. If I get approved for public health care, my ER visits will only cost me $30.00, but that does not help me now.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You should apply for state Medicare/Medical. They will prorate your emergency visit and pay for it. You should qualify if your only making $50 a month.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

I'd say you misunderstand some of the people that work in hospitals..

You think you are money to them.
But I'm going to explain something.

MRI's, EKGs, Cat Scans, and the numerous medical equipment that helps the find what is wrong with you, and will help them keep you alive and healthy as possible does not run on good will.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

My mind is racing trying to think of ways to come up with $3,000.00 before Jan 08,2011. I am too ugly for prostitution, and too old and broke down for lap dances.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join