It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God did it !

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

So Randy after you are done trolling these guys mind commenting on the complexity of "God" and how that does not fit your original statement ?
reply to post by yaphun

Simply? God did it. Because nothing can happen without God. He's a kind of spiritual projectionist. He transends
between the spiritual and material in his time not ours. At his will not ours.
That's the best uneducated stab I can take at meetng your request. Again for anyone to say God dosn't exist must
have full knowledge of the multiverse even.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Or one could say you would require full knowledge of the existence of god...which you don't

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

So Randy after you are done trolling these guys mind commenting on the complexity of "God" and how that does not fit your original statement ?
reply to post by yaphun

Simply? God did it. Because nothing can happen without God. He's a kind of spiritual projectionist. He transends
between the spiritual and material in his time not ours. At his will not ours.
That's the best uneducated stab I can take at meetng your request. Again for anyone to say God dosn't exist must
have full knowledge of the multiverse even.

Randy ..
Come on now old friend, You are dodging the whole complexity thing you brought up.

Can you at least explain how a "God that transcends between the spiritual and material in his time not ours " is not complex? He cannot be complex right, the simplest way is the answer ? amirite?

You know as well as I do, Randy this post of yours says nothing.

If you cannot show how your "God" is simple you are free to believe he still "didit" but you must give up on your original post.
edit on 8-1-2011 by yaphun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Or one could say you would require full knowledge of the existence of god...which you don't

Someone could say that but they'd be dead wrong. You're wrong.

I don't need full knowledge of anything to believe .

Yaphun

Who am I to limit God?
I think that's your job description.

Keep em com'in guys I'm in my comfort zone.

edit on 8-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh, you can believe whatever you want...just not claim it's a fact

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

The very act of belief claims it as fact. I say it's fact by my belief. Dosn't mean your act of disbelief means any less. But if you try to tell me my belief isn't a fact for me. You have crossed the line not me.

I believe it's called freedom of religion. Even though I don't really have that much to do with religion.
I simply believe we are all hellbound sinners and that Christ is the only way out. I believe in what he did.
I believe that is a fact. Therefore I proclaim this to you my friend. Only out of love. Is that so dispicable?
I have seen the power in the name of Jesus Christ. surely even you have heard of how Jesus makes people out of absolute freaks. Heroin addicts war vetertans many of the like. Healed. No way around it . No other name has done these things. You can expect this to be my next thread. I can't wait to post.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

A fact can't be a belief!! It can only be a fact if there's evidence to back it up...and belief has none, nor does it require any according to believers.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

My old stand by seems the only thing left to say instead of arguing thru 2011.
What ever stud.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The very act of belief claims it as fact.

Ewww.

At least have the dignity to call it faith, not fact.This isn't science. It's ancient babbel about warnings of 2 possible afterlifes the good one and the bad one, one with happiness and smuggery and the other with suffering and death.

It's myth, a story, maybe some of the stories are true, maybe some of the people are true, but the God part is nonsense.

If you believe in this nonsense, you have to believe God waited at least 75,000 years of evolution of the human race before finally deciding to introduce a savior; his son, he doesn't go to the chinese who could read and write though, he goes to the less literate parts of the desert. This can't be believed by a thinking person.

edit on 8/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
short smug answer from randy will now follow.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

short smug answer from randy will now follow.

Short smug answer ? Not even that really. I just don't understand the contempt for anything I've said. How bout an answer to all the hate you seem to have ? You act as if I'm trying to convert you personally. I'm not here for you to like or agree with and I'm not going anywhere so relax. I'm a part of this site just like you are pard. I'm not trying to change anything you don't believe and you will never come close to convincing me I'm wrong. Are you even adult enough to know when to let it go?

Seems you were wrong with your latest smug prediction though.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
There's no problem with you believing whatever you want to believe. It becomes a problem if you try to rationalize your BELIEF and mask it as FACTS to the general public. You have NO objective evidence to support your claims, so it's wrong of you to ask others to "join you" simply based on blind belief.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Sadly your experiences in life have not yet led you to Jesus Christ. Your life isn't over yet.
Never asked anyone anything . Next

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

LOL at how obviously ignorant Randy is, he's trolling everyone whether he believes what is writes or not.

It's remarkable watching such a character, i didn't know people actually existed like Randy.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by MrXYZ

Sadly your experiences in life have not yet led you to Jesus Christ. Your life isn't over yet.
Never asked anyone anything . Next

Oh comon'...so tell me then, what do you have to do to get evidence? Blindly believe in the first place? It can't be near death experiences, I had my heart stop twice and stopped breathing another 2 times (meningitis, drowning, etc.).

Are you saying only subjective evidence is available? No objectivity?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

That's exactly what it is for me. In all of this, I've only done my best to make you see my point of view. Without insults or contempt for your own. You seem intent on parting shots till the cows come home so both of you take your last as I find you both rather boring as of late. That's not even meant ass an insult . Just the truth. I wil not give up my pearls for anyone who would seek to scatter them about.

Awake
Cmon if you want to insult me in your anger do it like an intellectual at least. Be vague or something. I'm sure you know you'll have to do better to hurt my feeling. Try again?

edit on 9-1-2011 by randyvs because: Just adding on.

No more replys from me, here, this time round.

edit on 9-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Wasn't meant as an insult, just wanted to be clear about your stance on this subject. Now we know you just wanted to state an objective opinion based on belief rather than facts. Which is fine of course...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I'll admit I don't always make myself clear .I promise to work that.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Hows that fine?

Can i go ahead and claim there is an afterlife or no afterlife? No, i can't make such claims. I BELIEVE there is no afterlife but i could be wrong. I'm not willing to say there is no afterlife as fact? I wouldn't want to misinform other people, especially to suggestable minds such as children.

Who is more honest, who is more humble?

Also, i'm not willing to say i have a crystal in my back garden until looking. It's a silly belief without evidence.
edit on 10/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

It's fine in the sense that now that we know his position, we know trying logic/rationality to convey our stance is 100% useless. Using logic/rationality to discuss with someone who values personal belief and subjectivity above objectivity/logic/rationality is a bit pointless, don't you think?

That's why it's "fine". I obviously don't agree and believe this stance is beyond ignorant, but it's a free country and he has the right to believe whatever he wants as long as he doesn't harm anyone. The only slight downside I can think off on these forums is that his posts will be classified as "preaching" rather than "discussing rational theories". But as far as I know, there's no rules against preaching on these boards, so like I said, it's all good. Just means I won't waste too much time trying to debunk his statements as they are clearly not linked to logic/rationality/scientific method.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join