It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God did it !

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

A teapot exists on a planet in a nearby solar system, however, our best telescopes can't detect it, you can't prove me wrong, therefore the teapot exists.

Pro logic wins yet again.

Troll'd hard.
edit on 7/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by randyvs

Then fine: Show us scientific evidence of god's existence.

Saying "scientists can't explain XYZ, and god therefore exists" doesn't count for obvious reasons.

I can't prove your parents loved you but did they?

See because I can't prove what I believe to you dosn't mean I believe it less.
edit on 7-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

My mother is a good person, can i prove this to you? No, but i can prove it to myself with evidence. Or maybe i can prove it wrong, depending on the conclusion of the evidence.

Does God exists? No one knows, yet you do; you're a clever feller.

I'm starting to think with your superior knowledge to everyone else, that you should have a degree in "God"

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
GOD DID IT.

This is not the simplest answer. A "God" would have to be the most complex being that we could possibly imagine and then we must ask who created said "God" and we could never grasp the complexity of this being. We could go on and on, or we can take the route of God does not need a creator he is beyond the rules of nature. The problem with this is it adds to the complexity of everything because you are working even FARTHER outside the laws of nature.

Originally posted by randyvs

What is the one most simple answer, staring you in the face at this very moment?
I heard something about the most simple answer, is usually the right answer, somewhere I think.

God did it.

Obviously if you are going to go back on this statement .. I cannot disprove a "creator" nor can you prove one. When you say "God" you mean 1 particular deity that has "known" traits from scriptures I would be willing to take a shot at this personal god.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
There is no time but NOW.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

There is no time but NOW.

WTF Did you just wonder on to this thread all toasted?
The bars a couple doors down partner.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I applaud you. I do not think your views are as narrow as many ironically stuck in a tunnel would say (and have said in this thread). I think you have a very valid point, and kudos for being nuanced, though direct. I think I kind of get what you are trying to convey, but I of course do not perfectly understand. Come on folks, there is that which is beyond your circle, and that which ties it together. But, one only gets the opportunity out when it all comes to a head. When all of one's ideological and scientific, etc. leanings come to a head, and one has nowhere to go without something radically different being introduced, then one has no choice but to fill in the gaps, or rather get the eff out. Otherwise, paralyzed between the lies becomes your reality. It becomes oh so obvious, yet cannot be explained. Quite mysterious, God is.
edit on 7-1-2011 by orwellianunenlightenment because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by orwellianunenlightenment
reply to post by randyvs

I applaud you. I do not think your views are as narrow as many ironically stuck in a tunnel would say (and have said in this thread). I think you have a very valid point, and kudos for being nuanced, though direct. I think I kind of get what you are trying to convey, but I of course do not perfectly understand. Come on folks, there is that which is beyond your circle, and that which ties it together. But, one only gets the opportunity out when it all comes to a head. When all of one's ideological and scientific, etc. leanings come to a head, and one has nowhere to go without something radically different being introduced, then one has no choice but to fill in the gaps. Otherwise, paralyzed between the lies becomes your reality. It becomes oh so obvious, yet cannot be explained. Quite mysterious, God is.

Thank you

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by orwellianunenlightenment

Quite mysterious, God is.

If this God exists, it seems he is quite mysterious, Floods for a bunch of pesky humans and destruction for some neighbouring gallaxies whilst all (potential) life is wiped out, not to mention extinction of 99.8% of life on Earth. Pretty nice chap. Definetly mysterious i'll give you that.

Lets worship this God of Apocolypse in fear, we don't want to go to the bad afterlife place after all. YAY, we're all happy now. Also, lets teach this junk to kids nd stuff.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

If this God exists, it seems he is quite mysterious, Floods for a bunch of pesky humans and destruction for some neighbouring gallaxies whilst all (potential) life is wiped out, not to mention extinction of 99.8% of life on Earth. Pretty nice chap. Definetly mysterious i'll give you that.

The LORD giveth and the LORD taketh away.

Now you're showing contempt for something you do not believe.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sure you can prove/test love...people do it all the time.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Wario is a fictional character, i have contempt for his character as he percieved to be a pesky, greedy, brat.

Do i believe he exists? No.

Logic fail again.

Oh, and Wario is actually cool, way better than Mario.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by randyvs

Wario is a fictional character, i have contempt for his character as he percieved to be a pesky, greedy, brat.

Do i believe he exists? No.

Logic fail again.

Oh, and Wario is actually cool, way better than Mario.

This is really brilliant.
I think I just said that very same thing.

Mario Wario

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by randyvs

Sure you can prove/test love...people do it all the time.

Well prove it to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yes because you said:

Now you're showing contempt for something you do not believe.

So what if im showing contempt for something i do not believe? If God is going to be written and personified as a fictitious character then i have right to form an opinon on that character.

so what's your original point? So what?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Read a book or watch a film - Love is easily explained, and proved in real life. By tests of loyalty, marriage, committment etc.

Almost as illogical as stating "radiowaves can't be seen, therefore don't exist" in comparison to the lack of evidence for a God. ROFL.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

You havn't proved one damn thing you've said. You just havn't sorry.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

If you're willing to give me your address, i can prove love to you randy

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You can actually prove love exists via neurology, as certain neurological response are found only in the instances of what we describe as 'love'. And AandA has proven quite a bit.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I would have to trust you for that. I don't trust you.
You won't be able to prove your parents love you. Only show circumstancial evidence.
I'm growing bored with this so take your last shot for the night You have the floor.

Remember God is love.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join