It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote View of the future or just a dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hey all. The other night I was laying in bed and trying to fall asleep. As I laid there I was falling into "twilight" (that inbetween stage of awake and asleep) Now I felt that yet seemed completely concious. My eyes were closed and it seemed that what my third eye was seeing gray as opposed to the normal black as I try to fall out. Anyways, as I am noticing this conciously, I get a vision of me next to my wife holding her hand at the hospital crying because she seems to be dying. I see my son infront of me, but he's a grown man wearing a red sweater. (he's 11 now) Then as soon as the scene popped in, I "awakened" with tears runing down my face. I think it was a dream, yet, I do not take away the fact that I may have seen the future. I never felt like I fell asleep at any moment. I have to admit, sometimes when I get to that inbetween state of conciusness and sleep, I try to exit my body to see if remote viewing is possible. I usually just fall asleep. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
edit on 28-12-2010 by Stress because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Stress

I don't doubt anything about your account. It could be a dream or anyone of the various names given to an incident that a person "sees" in the future. Please don't get too worked up over it. If anything count it as a blessing because it will have you thinking with more depth about how you live your life.

I suggest you edit out the remote viewing comment because technically what you experienced is not talent. However, I do believe that there is such a phenomena I call SNDIA, Spontaneous Non-Directed Information Acquisition.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Stress

First, be sure to tell your son, NO red sweaters.

I tend to believe that premonitions are possible, but the normal "true" premonition seldom lets you figure out what anything is about, until after it has happened. Some say that deja-vu may be a product of something like this.

My grandmother had such "dreams", and she never could figure out what they meant, until something happened that explained it. By that time, it was "too late" for anything to change.

One of her sisters had a nervous breakdown, so bad, she was hospitalized, basically "lost her mind" (for a while). A year before, my grandmother had a dream about "the devil" (she was very religious) stealing all the books out of her sister's home, leaving behind empty shelves. Not until the hospitalization did she connect the dream, with what happened, seeing some symbolism.

Another kind, maybe closer to what you have described, doesn't seem to bother with symbolism, it can be direct. And yet, still just as "unusable". My grandmother had a recurring dream of being at a funeral. Vivid details, the people attending the funeral, her daughter at her side. Over and over, she would try to "figure out" who it was that was in the coffin, but just couldn't figure it out.

Not until she was in that church a few years later, at her son's funeral did she suddenly realize that everything was the exact same as her dream. Very big deja-vu, but in the worst way! The "one" thing she never did in her dream, was look down at her other side to see if her son was standing next to her. She never noticed he was missing. Of course, the mere thought that he could die must have been too much for her to handle.

Was this a "message" from the future? If so, why? She was completely unable to "change" the future, and yet she perhaps got this info for some reason, you would suppose, if this was real. Maybe as as a sort of "kindly" emotional preparation. (Her son died at 12 years old, leukemia, back in those days it was not curable.)

Somehow this almost makes sense, that if there was true info from the future, it would never be able to change anything, therefore eliminating any paradox. But it's all rather strange to think about, and might imply some grand intelligence, or god, who would be running such a show.

I also think the mind plays many tricks on us, and we can interpret anything, so many different ways.

So, bottom line, no reason for concern. It would seem that if there is any reality to this kind of thing, there isn't much people can do about it, and on a positive note, such experiences may play a part in "preparing" us in some way, to get through what's ahead.

JR

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Thnaks for the insight. It was just a weird experience and I knew TAS was the place to share.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I want to add that at times your message won't make sense until another piece of the puzzle comes into place. At this point, usually, you are so preoccupied with your current situation, you won't even think how you have witnessed the event unfolded some time ago. Start with the basic. Did you feel you were somehow involved with her death, indirectly or directly? If so, just be mindful that your actions or inactions can lead to the same result. If your wife goes through a yearly medical checkup, that should rule out the possibility of her dying from some fatal illness. What else that can cause someone to died suddenly? Car accident? Accidents with her daily life activities?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

I disagree, yes some come with some symbolism that you may never be able to "sort through" until it happens, and some come very directly and straight and to the point.I used to have these dream premonitions constantly, And they were direct and to the "T" what happened. As all foolish people do, when recieving the information I also started to play around with these premonitions, changing things even the simplest thing like what I was wearing, which changed the entire outcome, or worse saying a sentence that would have come from someone else's mouth and them looking at you slack jawed like you read their mind (yeah this one was loads of fun) to completely changing something that was supposed to happen. I did this; I should have died at about 17-20 yrs old, I should have gotten my mother's red renault alliance and planted it into the ground from a 40 ft drop off the side of a mountain by where my father lived And I had that dream constantly before my father moved there, by the time he had I had already told my mother to turn the car over for the trade-in and she did, she was going to keep it for me, HA! I wanted no parts of that car!!!! That was the car in my dream every single time, never changed and when she got rid of it, the dreams stopped. Also I had a dream that I would be with a certain person and that was recurring as well, even from Past Lives where we were together, I changed that, too...I think out of stubborness at that point, one I knew I could change it so why not? And two because I was stubborn enough to prove that there is no predestiny. In the end I beleive now there is no fate, or predestiny, at least not on the individual level. I might also mention all my premonitions were directly of my future and stuff relevent to me only, so I don't know it may be different when intervening in another's life because their free will would over rule their life so it was their free will that made it happen? Just my take.
edit on 29-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Sounds like you have a real gift. Glad you were able to change things, but you're probably the very rare person.

I don't think there is a fixed "fate" either, not in the sense we're talking about, but for most people, they just can't use the info they may get. Obviously, in your case, you seem to have made good use of it, but maybe because it's so personal.

I'm still not completely sure genuine premonitions really exist. I'm a bit of a stubborn rationalist. While things I've heard seem to say premonitions may be true, I continue to suspect they might be just human psychology at work. Perhaps dreams that coincidentally have common life "themes", familiar surroundings, etc. When something does actually happen, maybe then a person remembers dreams, and fills in blanks, and convinces themselves they "should have known", etc.

I guess I have to keep an open mind.

JR

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Stress

That "in-between" state you experienced is known as "Alpha state". When the brain emits Alpha waves during periods where Delta waves are expected is known as Alpha wave intrusion.

The Silva mind control method, as well as other forms of meditation employs techniques for developing the abilty to enter Alpha state while remaining conscious.

Just thought I'd relay that information in case you care to research further.....

edit on 30-12-2010 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join