It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police fatalities jump 37 percent in 2010

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One

reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Yeah. It's got it's fun moments. Why? Are you looking for a job? Sorry can't help you with that. We don't hire pelados. (For those of you who don't understand Spanish. Pelado means somebody who is ghetto-trash.)

edit on 12/29/10 by Marked One because: fixing spelling

Yes we know organized stalking is about police officer dealing with individuals designated "ghetto-trash" but do not have a criminal records or the police believe has gotten away with something but they do not have proof. It is a form of vigilantism by illicit police gangs with those in the US using psychological methods to intimidate and police gangs in South and Central America using death squad tactics.

The only reason you think I am a form of human trash is because you believe that only targets know about it and you surmise I am of this class of person.

I am not surprised that people have begun killing police officers and it is going to get worse. We have an increasing rate of police killings in the UK and it is turning out that these officers put out of their misery are in fact organised stalkers and crooks.

edit on 29-12-2010 by Ilovecatbinlady because: typo me son!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Whatever.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
here is the reason and remember the stats are for just 8 1/2 months not a year

www.injusticeeverywhere.com...

The following report was generated from data gathered in the months of April 2009 through mid-December 2009. In the those 8.5 months there were:

3,445 – Unique reports of police misconduct tracked by the NPMSRP
4,012 – Law enforcement officers alleged to have engaged in misconduct.
261 – Law enforcement leaders (police chiefs or sheriffs) that were cited in those reports.
4,778 – Alleged victims of police misconduct cited in tracked reports
258 – Fatalities reported in connection with alleged instances of misconduct.
15.05 – Reported incidents of misconduct tracked per day on average or a report of misconduct every 96 minutes.
$198,943,000 – Reported costs in police misconduct related civil litigation, not counting legal fees or court costs.
980.64 per 100,000 – Estimated average 2009 US police misconduct rate (PMR = officers implicated per 100,000 officers)

this is from just 8 months in 2010

From January 2010 through September 2010 the National Police Misconduct Statistics and Reporting Project recorded 3,814 unique reports of police misconduct that involved 4,966 sworn law enforcement officers and 5,711 alleged victims.

3,814 – Unique reports of police misconduct tracked
4,966 - Number of sworn law enforcement officers involved (263 were sheriffs or chiefs)
5,711 - Number of alleged victims involved
193 – Number of fatalities associated with tracked reports
$213,840,800 – Estimated amount spent on misconduct-related civil judgments and settlements

the entire site is an interesting even if your not ghetto trash......lol
edit on 29-12-2010 by lastrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
well let's see, they are cutting a lot of police officers, yet crime doesn't take a vacation, so the same number of people are statistically going to get killed, but with a smaller police force, that would make it a larger percentage getting killed. Plus with the economy crashing and more people out of jobs, hence more crimes and possibility of violence, it is easy for the police number to jump during a bust cycle (created by the fed).

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Has anyone looked at the statistic on how many cops have killed people this year compared to years past?

Seems to me that police themselves have become more violent and it could be (right or wrong) many people, criminal or not, are just retaliating.

I do not think it is right to kill a police officer, but just trying to look at both sides of the coin.

It's a viscous circle that is just going to get worse.

And the culprit: the government on all levels and many of there stupid laws and procedures. (but people don't see that, they just see that they want to retaliate, both cops and others)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I had to add that statically speaking this sites shows that the police lead the criminals on murder, rape and assault.........that's right a bigger portion of cops are rapists, murders and more likely to assault you than the average citizen.............and these are just the ones that got caught

www.injusticeeverywhere.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I wonder how much the rise in innocent civilian death has been at the hands of the police in the same period of time? I would attribute the rise to police moving from peace officers helping the citizenry to enforcers of tyranny. It's going to get a lot worse unless the police realize that it is the people they must protect and serve rather than subjugate. They have ramped up their use of lethal force and it is coming back to bite. Karma is a profound metaphysical force...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Double post for emphasis!
edit on 29-12-2010 by GirlGenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

its on the link i posted

193 in an 8 month period in 2010
258 in an 8 month period in 2009

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

But it is good that bent cops are getting removed. All murdered cops are crooks having been served their comeuppances

edit on 29-12-2010 by Ilovecatbinlady because: for deeply obscure reasons.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
My buddy a police officer was telling me about this statistic today. Seems very bad news for police officers coupled with the fact that their operating funds have been diminishing as of late.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

I posted something similar in another thread so I will put it here too.

The cops that you are getting today are what our society has produced in the last 25 years. These are the latch key kids that grew up with Play Station as their baby sitter. These are the kids that got "time outs" instead of there butts blistered for doing something wrong. These are the kids that grew up never knowing anything about getting in trouble in school and actually having to take responsibility and suffering consequences for it. These are the kids who's parents were told by the justice system and social services that if you whip that child we will take it away from you and you will go to jail. These are the kids that grew up never suffering consequences for their wrongs. Their entire ability to exercise sound judgement lies in gray areas only.
These are also veterans that are returning home from a senseless war. Watching their buddies get blown to bits by IEDs. Being told when they can return fire and when they can't. Ever fighting but seldom reaching an objective or seeing their sacrifice come to fruition.
Police departments like vets, jocks, and macho young men. They put them through 6 to 8 months of training. Then they put them with a field training officer (FTO) that is not much more experienced than the guy/gal he is training. He fills the recruits mind full of war stories and crap from his couple years of service and BS that the other cool veterans taught him. Then he/she is cut loose to make life or death decisions, under pressure, all in a split second.
That my friends is the problem. And yes, I'm a cop.
Seeashrink
edit on 29-12-2010 by seeashrink because: grammar

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

Thanks for the response and i agree with a lot of what you say

one big issue is as you stated hiring combat vets.....the very training and mind set that makes a good soldier makes a really bad cop

You take the points you made and the fact that everyday people feel threatened by today's police, through in corruption, the blue wall of silence that would make the mafia proud and a government hell bent on making us all criminals and you have a recipe for disaster......which we are watching unfold. We are getting close to open warfare between the ptb and the people and the good cops as well as the bad will be killed in larger numbers.......along with both criminals and innocent people alike

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

GOOD cops will not take up arms against the people for some BS the government or ptb are doing. I will take off my badge before that happens and my chief feels the same way.
Seeashrink

edit on 29-12-2010 by seeashrink because: spelling

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I couldnt do anything else so i starred you. I seriously hope there more out there like you. The only problem is that just leaves the bad cops out there

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Seeashrink
thanks a lot for chimeing in on this thread. I hope your opinions and insight will be heard hear.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Thank you for your response and for the informative link you posted. So good to see this getting such scrutiny!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Awesome to hear, seeashrink! I worry, though, that all the moral cops are getting squeezed out of the dept. Do you feel that is happening?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
We do still need a cop to chime in on this subject for the best perspective.

I imagine poverty is causing a rise in crime and police fatalities.

My thoughts and experience exactly. The number of property crime / theft calls are way up. To me its coming down to a nasty economy that is barely showing any signs of improving, and people literally hitting rock bottom and loosing any type of government assistance because of no money. Some of the people have the mindset that there is nothing left to loose. Either survive in the world be theft and what not, or commit a crime bad enough that places a person into the situation of going to prison for life, where they have shelter, food, etc.

Its sad it comes to this. on all sides of this equation.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One
reply to post by kwakakev

Yeah I'm not a cop either. I'm a security-officer. But I work with off-duty cops who do the same job. And even the owner of the security-firm I work for is a cop.

@ kwakakev and Marked One

Ignore the comments about doing Security. Speaking as a Law Enforcement Officer I thank you for your service and helping us out when you can. Being a cop is tough enough, but doing security can be 10 times worse since people have no idea what it is security can do and the authority they have to do it (I also did security for some time before going through the academy).

As with any profession we all have our share of morons who make the rest look bad, just as the group who hates the cops and makes statements the only good cop is a dead cop have their idiots who make them look bad.

I have had several instances where I requested backup for situations that were escalating only to have secuirty officers arrive first to help. I dont know if its the state or the area I work in, ut all of our security officers at most businesses hire quality and provide advanced training that is close to LEO standards here.

Thanks for you contribution. Its appriciated and sometimes we forget to say Thank you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join