It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police fatalities jump 37 percent in 2010

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Police fatalities jump 37 percent in 2010

www.msnbc.msn.com

These so-called cluster killings of more than one officer helped make 2010 a particularly dangerous year for law enforcement. Deaths in the line of duty jumped 37 percent to about 160 from 117 the year before, according to numbers as of Dec. 28 compiled by the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, a nonprofit that tracks police deaths.

There also was a spike in shooting deaths. Fifty-nine federal, state and local officers were killed by gunfire in 2010, a 20 percent jump
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.upi.com

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It is unfortunate this jump has happened. Although this has happened for one year, does not necessarily make a trend. So the question that I will ask is what do you think has been causing this increase? Will it continue? Most will probably say there is more the one contributing factor, as I am sure there is, but a few will most certainly be greater then others. In the end I will hope this will just be a statistical spike.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I imagine poverty is causing a rise in crime and police fatalities.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
probably the fact that the police now days tend to shot with little or no provacation, so folks figure they might as well shot first.

I wonder the stats on police killing innocent people during the same year.

maybe this is why

www.commondreams.org...
edit on 28-12-2010 by lastrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
As the Police State ramps up, the people will push back. This is the inevitable result of a populace tired of being pushed around by their public employees.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm not surprised. Nor do I care. The LEO have brought this on themselves. Being instruments of the elite, has no sympathy on my part. An officer who has lost his/her life is a good day~

Had they not turned into a para-military organization, I would have remorse..but that's not what we are seeing! No more blue uniforms with a tin badge, no sir ee! We have tactical pants, tactical vests, thigh holsters, M-4 rifles, and combat boots.

Then to add insult to injury, they push the advancement of the elite, trying to infringe on the publics rights. With false raids, " snitch " tickets, etc.

Nope, no sympathy over here, and certainly no mercy!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hmmm... stats have been consistently showing a drop in crime all across the country in general yet more cops are getting killed.

Maybe folks finally just see who the enemy really is?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Agreed! There are many individuals whom I'm associated with who were once sheep. Afraid to own guns, thought I was crazy with the " survivalist talks" and what not. Each and every one of them have takin arms, and began preparing for the worse. What ever their definition of the worse may be is their business. But to see people slowly but surely, stand up for themselves, and what they believe is right, is admirable. And I for one..salute them.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Poverty is one factor.

However I think there is another factor that many over look. The baby boomers remember the "old America" when people still had freedom and Cops were not "dirty pigs" Many are Vietnam vets, Many are really really ticked seeing what has happening in our country. And many are old and really do not give a darn if they die especially when their whole way of life is threatened.

Now we have Grope-N-Fly where people are molested. We have Videos showing Missouri Police Taser Boy With Broken Back 19 Times and A 911 call for help after a fall ended with a 64-year-old cancer survivor getting Tased three times by police in his California home, and Police taser an 82 year old man in a hospital bed

We have cops not bothering to even try to arrest and convict drug pushers, they just wait until the drugs are sold and steal the cash from the drug dealers. www.fear.org... In my town it is known the cops are owned by the drug dealers. If you mess with the dealers the COPS are the ones who will harrass you!

Is it any wonder that people might start considering open season on dirty cops? To tell you the truth am amazed at the fact there have not been more incidents like this. Bulldozer Rampage

However once the USDA and FDA gear up and start taking out farmers I think this will become more common. (Average age of farmers is 53)

Idiotic laws and police brutality are a really really bad combination if you do not want open warfare between citizens and cops.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Just watched your link about Ozark Police tazing the kid with the broken back...just like I said in the past, cops using any excuse to display their " power"! That Video is a must watch!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone for posting

What I am seeing hear is people just don't trust, and don't like the cops. It is kind of sad really. We obviously do need cops. Any society with a population worth noting does. There is also obviously corruption, and yes that has to stop. From that point on I will just ask what would it take for people to put some amount of trust or faith into the people who do the law enforcing?
Also, I think we need to hear from a cop. If there are any out there please to tell us your take on this.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I disagree, only in the sense, that I think nowadays, people can police themselves. I don't need a cop telling me how fast I can drive on public roadways, ( which btw, we as taxpayers own ) thus leaving that decision of speed to me. Furthermore, i don't need a cop telling me or any law agency telling me how many fire arms I can own, much less making a law ( btw, I didn't vote on therefore is null and void ) that states I have to register said firearms. I never saw anything in the Constitution, more specifically the 2nd Amendment that requires any registration of firearms period!
I could go on, but you get the point. We as a public pretty much know what is right from wrong. And those " evil doers" can be dealt with accordingly. Personally, IMO, a few executions in the streets by the good guys would probably change the " evil doers " minds. Especially when the good guys ( that being us ) would begin to out number them, if we don't already!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

From that point on I will just ask what would it take for people to put some amount of trust or faith into the people who do the law enforcing?

Until you get rid of the idiotic laws, people are going to Blame the Messenger so first you have to start getting rid of the idiotic laws.

Almost Everything Is A Crime In America Now: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Arrest those that are in office committing FRAUD, Conspiracy & murder on behalf of, and for, our gov't.

They arrest ppl for much less these days. The good cops need to out the bad cops.

When Chris (thrill up my leg) Matthews says that Obama should release his BC (CM is now a birther himself) and other dox you know stuff is hitting the fan...

Time to do some arrests in gov't ... Then we can put some trust back in the police.

Arrest the TSA etc...

Lets see some bad officers made examples of... When ppl see that I'm sure that it will turn around.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

How bout we do exactly what the Declaration of Independence says and abolish the ruling government since it isn't working for the people, but instead against the people.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

source: www.ushistory.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What would it take to regain trust?

How about the gangbangers in blue quit looting, killing and raping there way merrily accross their turf without the slighest fear of being held accountable for their actions? In fact if someone doesnt like it they can easily be shot accidently or have a couple ounces of coke planted on them thus destroying there lives forever.

I have known people this has happened too.

I used to think there were good cops out there, but with the "good" ones covering and supporting the "bad" ones I am starting to think the only good pig is a dead pig

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Anybody on here who's happy to hear about a police officer dying, never minding the fact that they don't care for a moment that these are men and women with families, IMHO opinion deserve to have their head popped off with a Glock 40. And I wouldn't mind being the one doing it myself. You don't have remorse. I'm not going to have remorse for seeing you die either. I stand by what I say. You say you don't give a crap? I don't either.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
deleted
edit on 12/28/10 by Marked One because: (accidental double post)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

good for you chuckles

I guess the people these wonderful family guys rob, rape, murder and plant evidence on are just out of luck, huh?

I would think there families would count for something too, or does only the famiies of the jackbooted thugs count?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm guessing that a big percentage of the "shootings" resulting in police deaths were either accidental or self-inflicted. Sometimes they conveniently leave details like this out of the studies cited on mainstream news casts.

Also, I would suspect that a lot of LEO deaths resulted from car accidents, where the decedent was engaged in a "high-speed pursuit."
edit on 28-12-2010 by MMPI2 because:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join