It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wish I could get in on the wall-mart info

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hi, I'm a new member from bentonville A.R. the home of that monster, Wall-mart makes me sick they turned a wonderfull small town into a corperate castle. Just a feiw things I will mention about them, when I was working for a heavy machine moving outfit I was at a waste company doing a move when I saw a semi pull up. I saw black and decker drill flashlight combo kits and kerosine heaters being unloaded still in the box, and crushed with a front end loader dumped into rail cars and hualed to the landfill. You see it made for a fabulous tax wright-off . I asked a guy at the waste co. about it & he said "yea, wall-mart does it all the time ". also ,their new computer complex just over the state line in missouri is compare-able to norad.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Any chance you can get us details or even pics of that center (exterior i mean)?
I've heard a quip or two about it, and a little wild speculation about the purpose. I'm also curious who handles all of Walmart's banking... is it all done through bentonville? What's security like at the bank? Do you have a 3 guns and a friend we can trust? (just kidding on that last one).

[edit on 6-7-2004 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Yes, any time there's talk of union and wall-mart catches wind of it, it's Imeadiatly stomped out by questionable methods. It's too bad that mary "mother" jones is'nt still around to help unions any more.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I'll kick off the gripe session: Walmart Super Centers sell groceries, but Walmart workers are not unionized. It's an advantageous loophole that allows them to further undercut the competition unfairly at the expense of the working man.

I agree with you there. I could be mistaken, someone correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think WalMart uses any unionized workers, thats is probably why they are the biggest co in the world. If you combine the net worth of the Walton heirs into one person, they would easily be the richest person in the World.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Is this the new computer center that is equipped to handle the new rfid chip that will be in every product by 2005? Wal Mart was going to figure heavy in this until everyone protested it and Wal Mart suppossedly back out of the program(sure they did).
And those thinking the rfid chips are a long ways off. A euripean nightclub is having 25 implant chips in their bodies as a special promotion for the VIPS. ALl their banking info is implanted on a chip in their body so when they go to the nightclub, the sensors automatically recognize the person, let them in and when they buy something it just deducts from their banking account.
hmmm, if i was broke could i just cut someone's arm off that had their chip in it, and use their money?

Yes Wal Mart is the devil. I just got back from the Redneck Riviera(Panama City Florida) and right across the street from my family's condo they just built a Super Wal Mart on Beach Front Dr. Within a year every local surf and swimsuit knick knack will be closed. Wal MArt was so busy, they actually closed for an hour to restock.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
double down,

I saw black and decker drill flashlight combo kits and kerosine heaters being unloaded still in the box, and crushed with a front end loader dumped into rail cars and hualed to the landfill.

That is a common practice, some company will not take back the merchandise but rather reimbursed it, and to avoid from employees taking the discarded merchandise and profit from it the destroyed.

My husband works part-time for Home Depot, and they do that all the time for the reason stated above, and still some employees has been arrested for stilling the merchandise and profiting from it, and I am talking about a guy that was the night manager and he stole returned merchandise for a year, when the police raided his house he had boxes and boxes of merchandise.

Now wal-mart is starting to scare me with their grocery part of it, does anybody noticed how they try to push their value brand, I can hardly find my favorite brands anymore, and some of the local supermarkets around were I live had gone our of busisness since they came around.

Wal-Mart target middle low to low income families, I am not going to say that other people more afluent does not shop there, but that is what they target with their value brand, and I notice that most of the savings are on junke food and their value brand.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
well, undergrounddaily, I can't say for shure but the evidence certanly points, that way. As this facility was being built a crew from texas worked night and day to connect it with fiber optics to the warehouses and home offices about 10 miles away. I was in high school and got to take a feild trip to warehouse 8. The warehouse manager who guided it said that " we have over 21/2 miles of conveyor systems in this facility and if you'll look here you'll see one of the laser scanning units wich helps us track where every box goes. We are also working with state of the art technology that will help us to track boxes no matter where they are." Even at the age of 16 I did'nt like the sound of that. They seem to have quite the tracking fettish.

And marg6043 I don't disagree with you but if these were returns I think that they could have taken the wrap off the skids, or maybee one of the boxes could have had been open. What I guess I'm trying to say is it shure looked like pallets loaded from the warehouse to me. Also in bentonville they have a employee store where most of the returns with out a defect end up, witch don't get me wrong is not a bad idea but, further evidence these were not returned.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Does anyone know any good links on walmart. You know the ones that say walmart is evil because there building a SUPER WALMART near my place and I must stop them before ToysRus is overwhelmed along with sports authority and michaels and Mars.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
I could be mistaken, someone correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think WalMart uses any unionized workers, thats is probably why they are the biggest co in the world.

You are correct - WalMart only uses non-union workers. And it amazes me that they have so much power. Chicago is a very stron union city - however, WalMart has managed to gain approval to build a new super center here that they unoquivocally have stated will be filled with non-union workers and the union has done nothing about it. I mean, this is the same union that regularly has protesters outside of the small independant grocerys throughout the city and in front of construction sites using non-union labor. The union here is typically so powerful - yet they are looking the other way when it comes to WalMart - why? What power does WalMart have over this powerful organization?

However, it is not simply the non-union labor that propells their wealth and success. It is primarily driven by their state of the art inventory and supply management system and their strong-arm tactics with suppliers. In fact, their power of suppliers has driven long standing national brands into bankruptcy. Just take a look at what they've done to Vlasic. see this link on Vlasic

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
waronworkers.meetup.com...

www.walmartwatch.com... ( this one applies for you veggimite)

www.laane.org...

Here's a couple of good sites if your interested in the wal-mart affair. Just some things I've read lately, you've already checked them out never mind.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yes, Wal-Mart stomps out talk of union quickly. My mother has worked there for 23 years, she is the store manager (thats right, a FEMALE store manager, they exist, even if the news would have you believe otherwise)of one here in Missouri. All I can say is that Wal-Mart put clothes on my back, shoes on my feet and food on my table. When my dad died my mom was not living with us. Wal-Mart paid for her to fly home that evening, gave her a month off, and at the end of that month transferred her to a store in the city I was living in so that my sister and I would not have to move. I worked there when I was in highschool and did not have to work more hours than any one else I knew, and got paid the same as anyone I knew working a comparable job in another place.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Any chance you can get us details or even pics of that center (exterior i mean)?

They're already in RATS. That's right...ATS rocks.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hey, rant telll me more about this RATS deal, I would like to see the pictures. Sorry I'm new and haven't been there done that and got the t-shirt yet, where can I find a picture because I'm talking with people at home to get some new 1's .thanks double down.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
RATS is just a forum where you can post something you don't want googled or available for easy public consumption. When you have enough points, you may purchase entrance at the ATS Store in your member center.

There's no particular reason the Wal_Mart bunker pics are in RATS other than the poster didn't want to be identified.

They weren't illegally obtained or anything you couldn't see yourself being from Bennotville. So if you're planning on taking more, please do...and you can post them in regular ATS if you have no reason not to.

It would be a great use of the new camera phone upload feature.

But if you're asking what's been shown already...the water resevoir, the bunker ventilation system, the commando style security guard vehicles, the military style entrance...all stuff you can see from the road.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Oh my freind I can do better, I know people who own property on the hill above it, it will take a little time though give me a couple of weeks to get it on picture CD and upload it.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Wal-Mart target middle low to low income families, I am not going to say that other people more afluent does not shop there, but that is what they target with their value brand, and I notice that most of the savings are on junke food and their value brand.

Dumping products is not new. It is practiced alot in agriculture circles. In the central valley you will often come across huge mounds of oranges that have been dumped to keep prices high. Walmart buys it stuff at rock bottom prices (economy of scale) and maybe the cost of storing out of date items was more than they payed for the goods themselves. However, if that is what they are doing, I don't understand why they could not just donate the stuff to Habitiat etc. The PR value alone would well exceed the actual write off they wopuld get.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
i would like to see video camera in aprill 2008 , i think somebody trow in my basket somethink and i was acusse that i stoll that , i wish to see what happend

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Wow I can't believe probably THE best wal-mart documentary hasn't been mentioned yet

Watch this documentary and get the facts, I may quote this digit wrong because its been a long time since I seen the docu, and I dont feel like skimmin - but Wal-mart has [i believe] 25 million square feet of abandoned stores. After they sucked the money out of a small town they would just shut that store and move on.

Google Video Link

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Yeah, I use to work in one of those stores close to Bville. I worked back in automotive and people would bring car stereos back, they would just have me go out back with a sledge hammer and vwalla, write off. I use to watch them throw away stuff, and they had me throw away stuff that "I" could have used! Or they could have donated it to charity. Some of it does end up at the associates store we could go to, like TV's and some furniture etc.. It use to make me soooo mad
But, I could'nt say anything or I'd get fired. A lot happened to me there, and thank God, I don't work there anymore!!

And yes, the underground computer system in McDonald County Mo., does a lot of things and is also the controller of all the air and heat in the stores all over the world. George Green even metioned it was part of their spying program. So, yep, I'd say it is part of all of this. Hey, Hillary Clinton use to be their lawyer. Think about it.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by double down
Yes, any time there's talk of union and wall-mart catches wind of it, it's Imeadiatly stomped out by questionable methods. It's too bad that mary "mother" jones is'nt still around to help unions any more.

Wal-Mart does not allow union reps. on wal-mart owned property.

Every union rep. going there has been banned from the store, their not even allowed to shop there. That at least is what our union reps. told us.

new topics

top topics

join