It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo base in nasa rover pictures from nasa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
wow

this is taken from the nasa website
will update as info comes in

Update: The latest from NASA on the Mars Rover Spirit:

‘No communication has been received from Spirit since Sol 2210 (March 22, 2010).’

NASA has removed two of the Spirit Sol 2169 images, ‘Spirit Front Hazcam 2169′.

The above image, a screenshot from NASA’s Mars Rover gallery. The reason why we captured the screenshot, it contains the Mars Exploration Rover Mission image labeled Spirit :: Rear Hazcam :: Sol 2169. Over at Youtube, the discovery of the UFO video UFO EXCLUSIVE! Breaking News Clear UFO Base Caught on Cam By Mars Rovers December 2010. The video posted by OnLifeMars. A video which highlights the NASA Mars Rover image. Our screenshot, verification the NASA image in the video, is the original image from NASA.

Currently at the NASA website Mars Rover photo gallery, two images, ‘Spirit Front Hazcam 2169‘ have been removed by NASA. The message: 404 Not Found.

dbkc source link here

so im hoping some of our mars experts can find out what the hell this is
it has perfect angles and looks to be manufactured
i cant see how this could be a natural formation
zorgon have you see this?
can any one tell me why nasa would remove these pictures?

xploder
edit on 28-12-2010 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2010 by XPLodER because: add more content

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
WTF is this?!!
(Add: Its the sunshade..the buildings are just the top of the visor..the cam is underneath)

Sort of at a loss...ok, we need some skeptics in here pronto

Picture Source

edit on 28-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This thread will be closed in less than an hour.

Forgot link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Buh bye!
edit on 28-12-2010 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

thanks for the pics i will start messaging skeptics
this is a really clear feature with side wall symetry
this is really strange

from nasa mmmmmmm

xploder

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
im no skeptic but from a skeptic view it will be the carbons freezing with sand and red dust forming a lengthy shaped object. And if you look closley you can see that this actually has a open area and isnt a fully formed structure.

From my point of view.. I think it could be a base
who knows...

edit on 28-12-2010 by bian101 because: got part wrong

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

thank you for finding that link
my heart was starting to race
thinking i had found something that would
really shake things up
but i jumped the gun a bit
when you see something like this
you get a bit giddy ya know

xploder
ps thanks for the heads up

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I hate to bring this, but if I look at the pic I think I see the bottom of the rover, as if the camera was positioned under the rover. The line is no skyline it is just the edge.

I wish it was a coffeeshop on Mars... really.

BTW I'm looking at this pic

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Picture Source

edit on 28-12-2010 by Dumbass because: added link

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
neat.....really neat.....i don't know what to say.....

Considering the image is from straight ahead (or behind in this case), it's kind of hard to pull the skeptical "perception is everything" card....If this view were from above, it would be hard to say, but the face to face view makes it pretty hard to dispute, and very hard to explain without sounding like a madman.

I'm guessing that we're looking at a cliff face, or mountainside. The 'hangar door' seems to be mounted almost flush with the cliff face.

Is there any way to calculate the size of this 'garage door', or any sort of way to calculate how far away the rover is from the cliff face?...I'm trying to think of a way to gain perspective, but i can't.

Wild....And NASA removing the pic is pretty suspicious, and very characteristic.

cool stuff....

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Back view...where are the tire tracks leading away from what is supposed to be a platform...

Not sure why the other thread got tossed into the hoax bin and closed..I am not seeing how this is a proven hoax at all actually. It might be a reasonable explanation, however, again I ask, where are the treadmarks leading away.

I think any hoax claim needs to start putting up evidence as to why its a hoax verses just saying its a hoax and closing the thread

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

The image that site, and YouTube channel poster, is using is from Sol 2169. One of Rover Spirit's rear "hazcam" (Hazard Camera).

Look at this, you can go as far back as Sol 1850 and see roughly the same view:

marsrover.nasa.gov...

(Be sure to scroll through the menu of images labelled "Rear Hazcam").

Spirit has been stuck in one place for over a year (Earth year. About 1/2 Mars year...).

So, that same basic "view" from the camera has been there, all along. Dontcha think it may have gotten some press, already....IF it actually were important?

Me, I'm waiting for the reasonable description of what is being shown.....

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bian101
im no skeptic but from a skeptic view it will be the carbons freezing with sand and red dust forming a lengthy shaped object. And if you look closley you can see that this actually has a open area and isnt a fully formed structure.

From my point of view.. I think it could be a base
who knows...

edit on 28-12-2010 by bian101 because: got part wrong

Aha, good eye.. That may be exactly what we are seeing here..

still wondering where the treadmarks are though, but that is likely.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's not a hoax...but it is the rear hazcam on the rover which is located below the solar panel which sits horizontally over the rover base. The rear hazcam catches part of the panel in the photo...see the horizon then a little sky, then the underside of the solar panel? It's just part of the rover and it's been covered here on ATS quite a few times before.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Actually, SaturnFX...Good Job!!!

Your enhanced image, with better contrast....and I can now see what it is.....the Hazcam has a lens hood.

The hood is on TOP of the lens. It is in the frame. Likely a sunshade purpose......

link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Too me it looks clearly like the Rover image in part is capturing the sun shield above the camera and that is what is seen at the upper edge of the photo. In other words, that is in the foreground, not the background. You can even see the evenly spaced rivoting pattern and the shadow matches the shape of the sun screen.

link   
uuuuuuuuuuuuugh......perception wins again.....

awesome....its like a roller coaster ride with the moon/mars artifacts....twist your head upside down and turn your eyes inside out and its right in front of your face...

hilarious....

NEXT..

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Looks like the edge of the rover when its straighted out a wee bit. (very quick and dirty straightening ....)

Wayne...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Forgot link:

Buh bye!

ahhhh... now I see it....
edit on 28-12-2010 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
well the other thread does have plasability to the explination
and has been closed as a hoax
thank you to all who have helped clear this up

xploder out

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

As noted, "proven" Hoax, so it's been floating around for a while...only recently infecting ATS.

FWIW....I decided to try to post a "comment" on the YouTube channel and, sure enough! The video author has the filter in place....the "Comments Pending Approval" filter. What chance do you think he/she will let mine get through? Since I point out that it's part of the Rover structure itself, and NOT a "UFO base"....

Chance it will be allowed to post in "comments"? = 0%??

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Forgot link:

Buh bye!

You are quite right.

Closing

top topics

join