It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The greatest question: WHY??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Some friends an I were siting around one day and our conversation got deep. The more we talked the deeper it got, until we hit the bottom (or as far as we can go right now). No matter what question you ask it always comes back to "why?". I started thinking about all of the question words and how to answer them in their most basic form. What follows is the result. Question: Answer

Who: Us (As you can see it is not "Me" but "Us." Too many people in the world forget this.)

What: This

When: Now

Where: Here

How: This is the goal of science. We, as a species are slowly trying to answer this.

Science defined in terms of "How" and "Why": Science is the search for "How" in the hopes of "Why".

Why: I don't f***ing know. This was the conclusion we came to with why. The only conclusion anyone can really come to regardless of what you think you believe.

Thoughts/Concerns

MT

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ModestThought

Life just wouldnt be fun if we knew the answer

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
“He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

imo i think the why is someones sick joke to see the things we will do to reach to the answer.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well I hate to pee on the parade but the answer to why is......

WHY NOT, EH

Might be disappointing but the answer is as deep as the question.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Haha I knew that was coming eventually. We tried this answer but "why are we here to to say why not?"

It could very well be the answer. If you were an eternal consciousness you would do everything you could think of the pass the eternal moment of now.

But the truth is we still don't know. The Creator could just be creating to create, but He could also have had a purpose in mind for this particular creation, different purposes for all creations, none more important than the other, just different.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Your answer to why is not that out of the question.

It's like asking why does my brain hurt when I ask why well because it requires thinking that's why.

Now asking why are we here is another question that begs to finding an answer to, the only problem is, does the why answer going to answer all of the why's of the world, just like physics is trying to find the one equation that answers all of physics of the world.

The roads are all the same, why you say. Because it just is.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jsettica

When I say all questions lead back to the basic "Why," I mean it. You can always ask, "but why?"

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It is why my handle is bornparadox. the good ole question that wanders my mind on a daily basis.

I can ask, but I don't know why.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Spiritual progression, in a manner of speaking.
That's how I answer my "why".

I'm not speaking for anybody else, though.

Why spiritual progression?
It is, simply, the nature of consciousness and existence.
(Again, entirely a personal opinion).
edit on 28/12/10 by pretty_vacant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
How can nothing exist if there is something?

top topics

join