It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple threads...as long as one is in BA...what is the point?!?!?!!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I wasn't going to post a thread on this but it is really starting to annoy the piss out of me.

I know there is a rule where you can have two threads at one time, as long as one is in Breaking Alternative News....

Now one of my problems with this is those who use this rule to hijack threads from others. I see it all the time and it annoys me. I am on here all the time reading and it just irks me when I see it.

There have been times where I could have made a thread by putting it in BA but I didn't and why?? Because there was ALREADY a thread why waste my time making a thread on it? I can just contribute to the one already on it.

What is the point of this rule?! IMO it is a complete waste of space on ATS and a complete waste to the person who originally made the thread because BA gets more attention since it is now the most popular forum.

Why have it in two places? It makes NO sense. Explain, please.

It is annoying to go back and forth between two threads for answers when you can just have ONE thread on it.

IMO this is the silliest rule on here.

I see older more seasoned members do this often and I know they do it on purpose because they can get away with it in BA...then the person who made the original thread has their thread lost among the boards because it is now in BA.

It doesn't give newer members a chance to make threads when you can just go to a thread and make another one as long as it's in BA.

Anyone else get my rant or is it just me??

Oh and people for the love of god use the darn search function!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I think it's because It is news, but is put into another forum to be more specific. (i.e. "CERN creates Black hole" would go into BA and Fragile earth, i think) I admit, I have been guilty of creating threads when there is already another thread, and I apologize for it. Some threads just slip past google and ATS's search feature.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

It makes NO sense when you think about it.

Isn't everything on here news? Why have it in two places? It is stupid if you ask me.

I could have made so many threads and could do so right now if I wanted but what is the point?

Those who make threads in BA knowing there is one already on it are attention seekers in my opinion.

The search function works fine, but what people NEED to check is the recent posts page and the Firehouse of recent topics. Most people don't look at any of this stuff and if they do they don't care. Like I said I pay attention to a lot on here and some members just scream attention seeker.

I still think it's dumb to have one topic in two forums. It should be in ONE or the other and maybe at some point if it starts in BA move it to the appropriate forum.

IDK Im just slightly annoyed at some people and things lately on here and had to let it out

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
In all honesty if you see threads that piss out of you , you do have an option to flag to mods and state your case.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
In all honesty if you see threads that piss out of you , you do have an option to flag to mods and state your case.

The whole point of my rant is that they allow two threads as long as there is one in Breaking Alternative News.

Did you not read that part of the rant

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Did you know the sky is blue?

Blue is my favorite color.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Did you know the sky is blue?

Blue is my favorite color.

LMAO! I am not going to get mad about this...

haha! I saw!

The sky is blue? I always thought it was grey lol

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by tristar

The whole point of my rant is that they allow two threads as long as there is one in Breaking Alternative News.

Did you not read that part of the rant

Sure i read that part, but mods can do more than what flags do. But hey, this site is all about interaction and definition if not mistaken. Then again, i am another cyber digit amongst the digital world.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I'm with you 100%

I will rant for sth similar.There are members that create multiple threads with the same topic and sometimes in different forums. In one case i was so angry with this particular member that instead of answering to him/her i alerted the mods.Because if i answered i would break all the rules of ATS.
The problem with these people is that not only they seek attention,they make a statement about what they believe is true and then attack anyone who disagrees with them.When their thread dies,which usually happens in a matter of hours,a new one pops up.
I mean what is the point in becoming a member if you are already have fixed ideas about sth and you are not ready to debate.Or when you "ask" a question,but you attack the ones that you didn't like the answers?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

There have been times where I could have made a thread by putting it in BA but I didn't and why?? Because there was ALREADY a thread why waste my time making a thread on it? I can just contribute to the one already on it.

What is the point of this rule?! IMO it is a complete waste of space on ATS and a complete waste to the person who originally made the thread because BA gets more attention since it is now the most popular forum.

This actually applies to ANY topic that is applicable to more than one forum. For example, if you have a thread about an astronomical observation that may lead to an increased probability of life in the Universe, you could see a similar thread in both Aliens & UFOs, as well as Astronomy.

Simply put, it allows more visibility to an issue that affects more than one forum. I do understand the merits of having one thread, in one place, but if it's applicable to both, then should be permitted in both. BA News is pretty much a "catch-all" type forum, so yes, one would expect to see some duplication (quite a bit actually) there, as it's kind of a central depository for of course, alternative news (which covers all other forums).

new topics

top topics

join