It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think suicide is acceptable as long as you have no other path available except pain, paranoia, and anxiety. If you literally have no one in this world, and no one would be affected by your death then it's okay. If I had a terminal cancer or other type of disease I would probably give every piece of positive wisdom in my body to everyone I knew for as long as I could, make my amends and goodbyes, and leave.

I tend to believe the afterlife is going to be conditioned after the way we left this world. And we can always do a little more to make this world a better place before we leave. So it's not much a question of when or how you leave this world, but what you did to it. Find your higher self/God and prove to him that you deserve to take the next step into a more unified and harmonious conscience.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Originally posted by NorEaster

The whole walk home Mason thought of one sentence, written by Soon on lined yellow paper: Sixty-seven (bridge suicide) survivor accounts, and only one consistancy: "When I started to fall, I changed my mind."

GHOSTED - Shaughnessy Bishop-Stall - 2010 Soft Skull Press
edit on 12/29/2010 by NorEaster because: formatting

ok... that gave me chills.

wow...

It's an incredible novel. That's one hell of a writer, and a really compelling story.

<< 1   >>

join