It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer won't sign order for troop pro-homosexual indoctrination

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood
reply to post by Annee

Totalitarians thrive by controlling things that make no sense because every time they try to express their ignorant opinion it gets debunked.

I am truly shocked.

Really. Its scary.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Yeahhhhh! Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I am a mother of two daughters and the grandmother of one.

If unisex showers became the norm - - - no one is going to care or notice. They're just gonna do what they are there for and move on to the next project/assignment.

I think that's very cynical

To me you are saying that heterosexual men are horny dogs with no family values.

Even if you are under the false impression that some well raised men wouldn't object you must at least know that the women would object... at the very least you know that... right?

Furthermore you probably only know what you know, so i'm guessing the circle of men in your life weren't the best, doesn't mean every man is like that i'm sorry.
edit on 28-12-2010 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
No one is saying there isnt still an anti war movement. There IS...just look around.

but the war IS happening. and people dont want gays to be discriminated against in the military, period. Just because we're in a war right at this moment, that the same people are against, doesnt mean gays shouldnt have the right to fight in the war openly, if they want to.

Its not putting one thing over the other.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Oh, so all gays are blue and everyone blue is against war?

Cool story.

Glad you're here to inform everyone how they think.

Too bad you're wrong.

I was talking about pro--gays in the military supporters not gays themselves.
If you actually tried reading what I wrote you would have seen that.
edit on 28-12-2010 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

Oh, gotcha. So... all pro gays are anti-military is what you're saying.

Glad you cleared that up. That makes it so much better.... promise.

edit on 28-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Yeahhhhh! Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I am a mother of two daughters and the grandmother of one.

If unisex showers became the norm - - - no one is going to care or notice. They're just gonna do what they are there for and move on to the next project/assignment.

I think that's very cynical

To me you are saying that heterosexual men are horny dogs with no family values.

How the hell do you get that out of what I said?

If something is part of your job or your job routine - - you adjust - it becomes norm - - and you don't think about it anymore.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

I do make positive posts, just not on liberal bs threads, of course I don't think you visit any of those since you haven't seen any of them. There is no proof what so ever that this was done to better the military, this is just another liberal cause, that's going to cost a fortune, that benefits a few and looks like a win in an ineffective presidents term.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xavialune
No one is saying there isnt still an anti war movement. There IS...just look around.

but the war IS happening. and people dont want gays to be discriminated against in the military, period. Just because we're in a war right at this moment, that the same people are against, doesnt mean gays shouldnt have the right to fight in the war openly, if they want to.

Its not putting one thing over the other.

Today's anti-war movement does not represent even 10% of what it did during Bush and is therefore no longer a movement.

Furthermore to say that gays should be allowed to join the military without questioning what they will be doing, which country will they be occupying against the will of the people of that country or which country they will be illegally and immorally invading just because straight people are doing it is very immature and not at all an intelligent stance to take.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

How the hell do you get that out of what I said?

If something is part of your job or your job routine - - you adjust - it becomes norm - - and you don't think about it anymore.

Sorry, i'm not a zombie so no to me it would not become a "norm"
90% of the women would be against this too

It just wouldn't fly

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I can only speak for myself but I was 100% against the war in Iraq because I felt we had no business there and should be using our resources in Afghanistan. I was for gay rights.

I am not sure what I am supposed to be conflicted about now.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Oh, gotcha. So... all pro gays are anti-military is what you're saying.

Glad you cleared that up. That makes it so much better.... promise.

All?
I do not speak in absolutes

You are trying to twist my words that's all that it is

I followed the news during Bush, a large percentage of the left were anti-war and when bush did the surge that percentage grew even more.

If you still cannot understand what I mean then forget because I won't explain it further to you

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

My opinions is that they should give everyone access to private showers, that's the first and foremost initiative that needs to be done.

GOOD! Get his ass out of the military.

They don't need separate showers.

If men and women shared showers - - they'd giggle for a few days then get over it - - as it became the norm.

People just need to grow up and get over it.

Grow up? Are you trying to make people agree with you by humiliating them into submission?

Hey you know what, gays are only in the military to check out other guys's butts
Hey you know what, If you had unisex showers and you are a man you would giggle and love it.

What's the difference between those two sentences?
You are against generalizations if it's on the other side of the debate fence but okay with it if it's in yours?

I think you need to grow up
And no I would not like unisex showers because I have sisters, aunties, a mother and a wife and one day a daughter.

I've been watching your arguments on this and some other threads. I am not trying to be an arse, but none of your posts seem to make 100% coherent sense. That person was not even saying a man in a unisex shower would 'giggle and love it'. They were saying theyd get over it after the novelty wore off. And I'd like to point out, so will everyone else, once gays are integrated into the military. People should grow up...its just a gay person geezus...they're not contagious, and no one is asking anyone to like their lifestyle. Just be a little more tolerant, ffs.

These same people who are anti-war can and will support equal rights for gays. EQUAL RIGHTS FOR GAYS. That means being able to openly serve in the military without discrimination or hatered towards them. It isnt about them being in a godamn war that these same people are against. That isnt the issue here..the issue is gays should be able to serve regardless of what anyone else thinks about a war we are currently engaged in!

If you're a guy in the military and you dont like gays, and you know theres a gay in your unit...and you dont want to go in the shower, cause he might look at your ass? oh tragedy! someones looking at your ass that you dont want them to? WELCOME TO A WOMANS WORLD!!!!
edit on 28-12-2010 by Xavialune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

If you're a guy in the military and you dont like gays, and you know theres a gay in your unit...and you dont want to go in the shower, cause he might look at your ass? oh tragedy! someones looking at your ass that you dont want them to? WELCOME TO A WOMANS WORLD!!!!

In which woman's world do men stare at their bare naked arse?
Which state is this?

Do you mean nude beaches in europe?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
reply to post by thirdeyeaware

Thirdeye, I understand that gays are out in the world. Gays don't frighten me in the least.

English is apparently not your first language, or you'd have understood I spoke of COMBAT ARMS.

And as far as you shooting me, well, many have tried on many occasions, and every single time, we were vastly outnumbered.

And I'm still here.

I'd not bet on your chances of surviving such an attempt, just based on the record.

So we have an indestructible homophobe who likes ad homs and thinks attacking someones reading is the way to go. Nice.

Back to the real world now.....

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

In which woman's world do men stare at their bare naked arse?
Which state is this?

Do you mean nude beaches in europe?

Nope but theyre definitely stared at arent they? And boobs while they are covered, even, when we dont neccessarily want them to, but its a fact of life and something that just happens. Thats what I meant. And don't you realize people look at each other in a same-sex shower anyway? Don't even suggest that if you've ever been in a shared shower you haven't ever just taken a peek, or if you haven't that it never happens, even between 'straight' guys. It's not an excuse to keep gays out of the military...because even if they arent allowed to serve 'openly' as gays, there are still gays in the military and you'll still be getting your ass looked at from time to time..by gays AND straights.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Nope but theyre definitely stared at arent they? And boobs while they are covered, even,

Ummm... I think if we are talking about showers the key point is nudity
so your point is moot

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
He can't see it in his heart to get his soldiers to go through training designed to teach them not to be mean to people simply because of who they love? ...Whatever.

some people love gambling and '___',
but it destroys lives and families.
Homosexuality does the same thing.
He and a lot of others will not silently
sit by while wuss politicians turn
soldiers into wussies.

I applaud this Officer for standing up
and being counted. There will be more.
He has my full support.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Nope but theyre definitely stared at arent they? And boobs while they are covered, even,

so your point is moot

His entire statement and you take one sentence away and use that as your counter?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
He can't see it in his heart to get his soldiers to go through training designed to teach them not to be mean to people simply because of who they love? ...Whatever.

some people love gambling and '___',
but it destroys lives and families.
Homosexuality does the same thing.
He and a lot of others will not silently
sit by while wuss politicians turn
soldiers into wussies.

I applaud this Officer for standing up
and being counted. There will be more.
He has my full support.

Explain how homosexuality ruins lives and families...

Nevermind, dont bother. There is no explanation other than bigotry.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

so your point is moot

Right and what is your point, really? You'd be naked, yes. You MIGHT get someone staring at your ass, regardless of their sexual preference. Whats the difference if its a gay man or a straight man? It's going to happen either way, at some point..so what's the issue here? What are you trying to say? Sometimes we dont want to be stared at, clothed or naked. But it happens, it is a fact of life. People look, it isn't against the law to look, otherwise the majority of men would be in jail...whether you are gay or straight, clothed or naked, it doesnt matter...it's going to happen and that doesnt mean a) that said gay or straight person is going to physically assault you and b) that this is an excuse to restrict gays being open in the military. Period.

By the way, also gays being openly gay in the military doesn't mean they're any less adept at serving, following orders, or getting the job done. To suggest that gays are SO distracted as to jeapordize the unit, or the straights not being able to concentrate knowing gays are serving next to them..would be the same as suggesting straight men cant function properly with female nurses around. Perhaps we shouldn't allow females in the military at all, either? I mean after all, it distracts the straight males who apparently are the only ones who should be allowed to serve...Such bullsh! If you are so distracted by the fact a gay person is in yout unit, you dont belong in the military. Get the job done, follow orders. That is all you should be doing...not letting something like that get in the way of doing your JOB.

Gays are already in the military, so your nude arse staring argument is moot. It already happens.

EDIT: I'm female. Just sayin.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
His entire statement and you take one sentence away and use that as your counter?

Oh i'm sorry, should I have also mentioned that I don't take peeks?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join