It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer won't sign order for troop pro-homosexual indoctrination

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
reply to post by Gseven

Actually read the thread. Twice now while I was having a conversation with other people, Caycee fan jumped in to ask the same questions over and over again and then state that he did not care enough to read replies. If you feel that type of behavior is worth further humoring and defending, have at it. If you feel I have not addressed the issue of gays in the military in context of the story in the OP, then you have not read this thread. I actually have a great many posts on the topics.

In fact, discussing the topic is what I was doing both times CayceeFan jumped in to start asking questions that had already been answered OVER AND OVER, only to say he ignores the answers.

You get in with that bunch then.

Even more relevant. Any question you can ask me about how I feel or what I think about this story, I have answered in a past post. Have you contributed to the topic at all or just come here to talk smack about people? In the name of Jesus too, I am sure.

Have anything on topic to say? Or are Annee and I the topic now?
edit on 29-12-2010 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

What is it that I asked that was answered over and over? If this is true aren't you "getting with that bunch" by engaging?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Blanket statements and psychology don't mix at all. I am sure in some cases you would be right, but the whole all hate comes from fear is not true in all cases.

link   
reply to post by 27jd

Blanket statements and psychology don't mix at all. I am sure in some cases you would be right, but the whole all hate comes from fear is not true in all cases.

link   

Originally posted by 27jd
I truly believe homophobic people are not secure in their sexuality, and are afraid to be around gays because they don't trust themselves. I'm straight, and I'm friends with plenty of gay dudes. They all know I'm straight, and have never ONCE made any kind of passes at me. Hell, they make great wingmen because the ladies trust them, and they won't try and step on your toes to get the girl. All of you bigoted idiots are a dying breed, making your last frantic efforts to keep it afloat. I don't wish you luck.

First, I dont believe that you really believe this.

Second, why would you not wish those"bigoted idiots" luck? Is it because you want to discriminate against them for thinking different than you? Hypocrite much?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

They dont need special training, and I dont get why they are making such a big deal about gays in the military being allowed to say they are gay.
All they need to do is remind the soldiers that if you mistreat a fellow soldier for ANY reason you will be punished accordingly!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CayceFan
Second, why would you not wish those"bigoted idiots" luck? Is it because you want to discriminate against them for thinking different than you? Hypocrite much?

I would like to see the human race advance, I see bigoted idiots as one of the main roadblocks to that end. If two consenting adults of the same sex wish to have a relationship, that is their basic human right. Anybody who wishes to deny them that right, or treat them as second class citizens because they are different, is a pimple on the ass of humanity. And hypocrite? No. I never said bigoted idiots shouldn't be able to serve in the military, or get married to other bigoted idiots. That's their business, and not my place to interfere directly in their lives and what they can and can't do. But, I do have the personal right to not wish them luck in their struggle to keep ignorance alive. See the difference? I'm sure you do.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Well, I can't see any other reason why somebody would give 2 craps about the sex lives of others. Fear, is the only explanation I can come up with. Religious beliefs are a BS cop out, unless somebody is so retarded they think that their god is going to hold them accountable for the actions of others.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven
I'm convinced now that Sinnthia and Annee are yanking our chains.

Uh - shocking. Again you try to call me out by name.

Nope - - not gonna work. Not here or the other thread - - where you couldn't handle posters not agreeing with you.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Why does this matter... Why do humans, who have and still are breaking through everyday with technological and scientific advancements bettering us and the world around us go up in arms about the lifestyle of a consenting adult who has sexual intercourse with another consenting adult??

I can't believe the ignorance I've read in some posts concerning peoples fears of HIV.. MRSA (which I caught because of work..not fun) and especially hepatitis are much more concerning if you're talking about becoming infected and they'll kill ya faster too. But HIV? Really? Unless I'm mistaken, but doesn't the military check on it's personnel who have infectious diseases and keep them off the battlefield? I mean, just because there was DADT doesn't mean that HIV was never a possible problem in the military. I have to laugh every time I read a post by someone with the mindset that only homosexuals can have HIV since they fail to see the disease's devastating impact on places like Africa or those who contracted the disease from shared needle use.

With some of the talk going on, you'd think it was the mid 80s- early 90s...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistafaz
Why does this matter... Why do humans, who have and still are breaking through everyday with technological and scientific advancements bettering us and the world around us go up in arms about the lifestyle of a consenting adult who has sexual intercourse with another consenting adult??

I hate to be a nag about this - - but it is NOT Lifestyle - - it is Orientation.

Lifestyle - - suggests Choice. Orientation is the preferred term of the LGBT

Being LGBT is not a choice.

In fact, sexual orientation of all kinds, including heterosexuality, is an innate trait, not a "lifestyle" choice. If you are straight, when did you "decide" to be attracted to the opposite sex? LGBT orientation is a normal and natural human characteristic, and is just one of the many ways that people differ.

www.pflagnyc.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Gseven
I'm convinced now that Sinnthia and Annee are yanking our chains.

Uh - shocking. Again you try to call me out by name.

Nope - - not gonna work. Not here or the other thread - - where you couldn't handle posters not agreeing with you.

Try? I didn't "try"...I "did". And surprise, surprise, you responded...again. So yep, it worked. Which proves the point that you are only interested in the arguing process, not the actual topic.

Your skewed opinion of why I stopped posting on the other thread is hilarious...your obnoxious one-liners hold no real substance...the same as in this thread. It got boring. You just don't like the tables being turned, and you sure as heck can't entertain deeper ideas - they go WAY over your head. The fact that you're a civilian, touting expertise on a community of gays in the military (which you know NOTHING about), smacks of the average loud-mouth who simply has nothing better to do than to find a cause to protest and get scrappy about until all their frustration is out.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Not long ago homosexuals were prohibited from entering the military.

Then, there was a don't ask, don't tell if you were homosexual.

Now, homosexualism can be right out in the open.

A smart soldier will get out quick before it becomes mandatory.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Now now. No sense in arguing semantics, it gets kind of annoying when people start demanding others use their preferred terms. The gay community I'm sure appreciates anybody who supports their rights to be who they are, regardless if they call it a lifestyle or an orientation. You must admit, gay people often do lead a different kind of festive lifestyle than most straight folks. I agree though, that it's not a choice, and our individual biology and hormonal balances cause us to be attracted to who we're attracted to. I also believe that it's actually part of nature's plan, and not some kind of defect or error. Maybe it's one of the ways mammals are programmed to curb overpopulation, for a certain percentage to not have the desire to breed. Of course it becomes more complex with humans, and the expectations we put on each other.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The only Problem with being gay is that if most were gay we would have a population decreased(exactly what the TPTB want(maybe) or population deduction may not even be on their agenda it could be a cover for conspiracy theorist remember Orwell vs Huxley Google it if you don't know what I'am talking about.And one other thing about gays if your are a christian then you know It's against GOD he made Male and Female to be together and yet humans have corrupted that.NO ONE SHOULD say that oh look at that gay person he's gay he sucks or look at him like he's so wicked because the truth is that we all are wicked in God's eyes everyone is equally sinful no one's any worse or any better.Any one can still become Saved weather he's Hitler or Abraham Lincoln.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Now now. No sense in arguing semantics, it gets kind of annoying when people start demanding others use their preferred terms. The gay community I'm sure appreciates anybody who supports their rights to be who they are, regardless if they call it a lifestyle or an orientation. You must admit, gay people often do lead a different kind of festive lifestyle than most straight folks. I agree though, that it's not a choice, and our individual biology and hormonal balances cause us to be attracted to who we're attracted to. I also believe that it's actually part of nature's plan, and not some kind of defect or error. Maybe it's one of the ways mammals are programmed to curb overpopulation, for a certain percentage to not have the desire to breed. Of course it becomes more complex with humans, and the expectations we put on each other.

I agree - - it is kind of a sensitive point.

I am straight - by the way - - always have been - always will be.

This ONE point - - may be the most important to a gay person (from those I have talked to). To clearly differentiate between CHOICE and BIRTH RIGHT.

Which is why I apologized for being a Nag about it. It is a Major significant semantic.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Homosexualism? Is that a real word?

And are you seriously predicting they are going to make "homosexualism" mandatory? 'Face palm' doesn't even come close to responding to that prediction. I thought soldiers took an oath to defend our nation, you're suggesting they should go back on it, because gays won't have to hide who they are anymore. They've been there, but they just couldn't admit it. Many soldiers have fought right alongside them, but those soldiers are so insecure and scared of 'openly' gay people, that they should throw their career away, and do what? Go work alongside openly gay civilians? Maybe move to Iran or Saudi Arabia, where people of like mind run the show and they can be confident the gay people won't scare them by being...gay?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Well, I can't see any other reason why somebody would give 2 craps about the sex lives of others. Fear, is the only explanation I can come up with.

Homosexuals account for over 50% of AIDS cases in the US. It costs $300,000 to care for each AIDS patient, thus causing medical insurance rates to skyrocket for all of us. Homosexuals have a much lower average life expectancy than heterosexuals. People who encourage others to indulge in their unhealthy lifestyle are the ones who couldn't care less about them. When loved ones indulge in drugs and alcoholism, people tend to seek help for them rather than stand by and watch them self-destruct. Why should unhealthy sexual lifestyles be any different?

I would be willing to bet MILLIONS of dollars that societal acceptance of homosexuality will only lead to acceptance of far more perverse things such as beastiality, pedophilia, nechrophilia, etc. For humanity to prosper, there HAS to be morals and standards of decency.

By the way, liberals are the ones dying out. Conservatives have far more children than libs and there's a 70% chance that a child will grow up to have the same political affiliation as their parents. We were assigned to read a ridiculous book written by a left-winger who says that students today are less "tolerant" than the previous generations.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

You must admit, gay people often do lead a different kind of festive lifestyle than most straight folks.

Well - in addition to my just previous post responding to this post.

The stereotypical gay - - "festive lifestyle" - - - is really a small percentage of gays. The gay men I worked with were business professionals - - and really very appalled by the "stereotypical flamboyant gay".

As one told me: "I am a man. I wear men's clothes. I DO NOT wear women's clothes nor do I have any interest in doing so. I have no interest in being feminine or to be with any man who acts effeminate.

It is difficult to ignore or see beyond stereotypes.

What I find interesting - - is many Drag Queens are straight. They just have a fetish for women's clothing.

We really have to look at ourselves - - and move beyond judging others - - because we don't understand - - and/or we really are ignorant of facts and truth.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarmonicNights
Homosexuals account for over 50% of AIDS cases in the US. It costs $300,000 to care for each AIDS patient,

CURRENT - - links to data please.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join