It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer won't sign order for troop pro-homosexual indoctrination

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

An Army lieutenant colonel has asked to be relieved of command rather than order his troops to go through pro-homosexual indoctrination following the repeal of the policy, which required homosexuals to keep silent about their sexual preference.

Currently the commander of a battalion-sized unit in the Army National Guard, the officer also has threatened to resign his commission rather than undergo "behavior modification" training intended to counter his religious convictions about homosexuality.

"I will not be the person who forces this training on my soldiers," the officer

www.wnd.com...

What are your thoughts on this?

Firstly does anyone know what type of training troops will have to undergo and if this really includes sensitivity training?

You disagreeing with one's religion is not the point but, what are your thoughts on one's religion making them feel that they cannot force troops in their batallion to go through this training?

This could possibly break up the military, at least for a small time period at the very least.
I don't mean a complete break up of course but you know, waves and ripple effects.

My opinions is that they should give everyone access to private showers, that's the first and foremost initiative that needs to be done.

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
He can't see it in his heart to get his soldiers to go through training designed to teach them not to be mean to people simply because of who they love? ...Whatever.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I can only make an opinion on the subject......

The only training the soldiers should have in regards to gays is protection of ones self when applying medical attention in case the gay soldier is HIV infected. Yes I know, the military does stringent testing but it would only be a matter of time before one has it.

Like our schools, you can't force students let alone soldiers be part of education training of incoming gay soldiers.

Allowing soldiers to be openly gay in the military is damaging morale of the heterosexual men and women's strong religious beliefs. Perhaps the gay soldiers have their own unit? When it comes to the battle front these units could be used to do the first sweep in to enemy lines and if they return back alive they should be charged for going AWOL.

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If he doesnt agree with homosexuality, thats fine, he has the right to have his opinions. If he wont be objective about it and if he allows his religious views to affect the whole of his troops, who may not agree with him, then he doesn't belong in the military anyway. He is supposed to be a leader, and I don't see leadership qualities in a person who can't be objective about his troop's training. The training's purpose is to integrate gay people into the military in an open and non-hateful way..it would be attempting to minimize the hate and prejudice against these people..how can one be against that? Simple..because these kinds of people automatically assume it is pushing homosexuality on those who dont agree with it, when in fact it is simply trying to promote tolerance. No one says the training's purpose is to make everyone 'accept' gays and their lifestyle, just tolerate them and minimize acts of hate against them. Everyone deserves at least that and in my eyes this guy is unfit for military leadership if he can't do that.

Aren't military officers supposed to follow all orders anyway? Suddenly it is ok for this kind of defiance? How hypocritical.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Allowing soldiers to be openly gay in the military is damaging morale of the heterosexual men and women's strong religious beliefs. Perhaps the gay soldiers have their own unit? When it comes to the battle front these units could be used to do the first sweep in to enemy lines and if they return back alive they should be charged for going AWOL.

Separate but equal right? Charged for going AWOL? wow.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I fully support gays and gay marriage but I don't know what to say about this. I am for freedom of opinion and choice and if someone doesn't like gay people for whatever reason, then so be it. The important thing is that gay people get the same rights as everyone else. So, I am against this because people are going to like and dislike things and people. You are asking people to change their beliefs and nature. I mean, do people in general REALLY treat each other equally? NO!!! Some of us treat people like crap because they may be: unattractive, fat, handicap, a different race, different gender, short, tall, disfigured etc. I say as long as the soldiers aren't physically or verbally abusing gay people, then they should not be indoctrinated or force to accept what they don't want to.

+33 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So, let me get this straight(bad pun obviously intended)....

Indoctrination to kill people with no remorse is okay...

Indoctrination to make people accept and respect their fellow soldiers, regardless of ANY of their attributes is wrong?

What kind of propaganda are they feeding these people to make them so militantly retarded?
edit on 28-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I wonder if it was a variant of HAT (human Awareness Training) which was used by the military to teach soldiers how to get on with various races in the 60s? It is important that a unit of soldiers perform as a team as anything that could build the cohession or promote operational unity would be seized upon.

I take issue with the word "indoctrination"
edit on 28-12-2010 by tiger5 because: typo

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
I say as long as the soldiers aren't physically or verbally abusing gay people, then they should not be indoctrinated or force to accept what they don't want to.

I can agree with this point
I think this makes the most sense

It's like immigrants, they don't have to follow the culture here but they have to obey the law

That's it, that and private showers

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood
So, let me get this straight(bad pun obviously intended)....

Indoctrination to make people accept and respect their fellow soldiers, regardless of ANY of their attributes is wrong?

What kind of propaganda are they feeding these people to make them so militantly retarded?

exactly! like the soldier who raped the iraqi girl and said he didnt see them as 'human'...that kind of indoctrination is ok, but when it comes to 'homos'...thats just cause for resignation!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood

Well, you have a big hammer and you just hit the nail on the head
I cannot disagree with you

But the source of both is religion, i'll say that much

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I don't think the troops need a lot of grab assing going on.

When I was in the service we did not have to worry about gays bugging us.

Its not good.

We need people that will kill the enemy, not check out their butts.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think hazing will be going through a whole new level
this should be a concern

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

Its not good.

Straight men are ugly.

Get over yourself, and get back to work, Private.

Just because you're perverted and couldn't work if there were boobs around doesn't mean that gay people are the same way.

More of the straight soldiers probably look at eachothers butts than the gay ones. Gay people have standards and furry bottoms with skid marks usually don't fall into those standards.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

reply to post by ModernAcademia

I can only make an opinion on the subject......

The only training the soldiers should have in regards to gays is protection of ones self when applying medical attention in case the gay soldier is HIV infected. Yes I know, the military does stringent testing but it would only be a matter of time before one has it.

Like our schools, you can't force students let alone soldiers be part of education training of incoming gay soldiers.

1)Straight people don't get aids? Well thats a new one.
2)Schools force students to do plenty.
3)You show your hatred in your last statement. Your post is nothing more than a bigoted, hate filled diatribe.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

Its not good.

Lots of naivete in this thread. How often do you check out a female butt, when in a firefight?

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Allowing soldiers to be openly gay in the military is damaging morale of the heterosexual men and women's strong religious beliefs.

When you voluntarily travel vast distances to kill people that are not a threat to your life, which religious values do you get to stand behind again?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Allowing soldiers to be openly gay in the military is damaging morale of the heterosexual men and women's strong religious beliefs.

When you voluntarily travel vast distances to kill people that are not a threat to your life, which religious values do you get to stand behind again?

Sieg heil
   /zik ˈhaɪl/ Show Spelled[zeek hahyl] Show IPA
–noun German .
hail to victory

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

People who are against gays will use whatever reason in their grasp to justify it. But I'm not sorry to say that it just isn't justifiable to hate a group of people based on their sexuality. Just because you don't like it does not justify prejudice against them, they are not hurting anyone being gay. Gays aren't going to start molesting straights just because they are going to be allowed to be openly gay..it is merely a case of unjustifiable homophobia and religious elitism that is the problem here.

But hey, we can be indoctrinated and sent to kill our enemies based on lies, but watch out for that homo...he might grab your arse while you're in the middle of a fight!

COME ON PEOPLE! This crap is nothing more than trying to justify bigoted viewpoints. The world is changing, and if people don't stop having ridiculous and hateful views (I dont care what anyone says...homophobia be it for religious or other reasons is hateful and seriously outdated) you are going to be left in the dust when the world moves on without you.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It really depends on what the training entails. If it is truly trying to force them to accept the lifestyle as ok when it goes against thier religious belief then that is wrong. However if it is just teaching that you can't discriminate or treat them differently then any other soldier because they are openly gay then that is acceptable.

I tend to think it may be overboard on promoting the lifestyle etc. all that needs to e done is a memo to the troops that if you discriminate or persecute openly gay people for any reason you will be held accountable period and be done with it.

Still what ever training they do its not like those who are prejudice are going to change thier minds because of it. So really is it that much of a problem for this guy? This guy sis over reacting IMO.

I personally have nothing against gays they are people just like everyone else and traditional prejudices against them are ridiculous however we still have a lot of religious dogma amongst our people and they did not think this policy change though had they done so they would have realized it was going to be a problem because of peoples beliefs.

What they should of done was just modify the don't ask don't tell policy so that if someone was found out to be gay there could be no repercussions for it whatsoever. But now they have gone to the other extreme and are forcing a confrontation with those opposed to gays for what ever dogmatic reasons. Perhaps it will all work out in the end however who knows.

Why can't people just live and let live....
edit on 28-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join