It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange fantasy/encounter, answers anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
When it comes to spirituality, I've walked and studied a lot of paths, going from religion to new age theory. I've tried out almost everything I ever came across, sometimes with success and sometimes with failure. I know the basics of most theories even when I consider them stupid and lately, there is much more fiction than facts for me left in these areas.

But what I experienced yesterday, I never heard of before, never read of before and basically never even considered the possibility because, well... I can't explain it, you tell me what happened.

I was in bed already and couldn't sleep, so I started to fantasize about decorating my house, adding new furniture, etc. When I fantasize I see everything in detail and I can walk around in the fantasy (I think everyone can do that). It was a normal fantasy while being awake with closed eyes, nothing unusual there.
Then suddenly, while I was focussing on the sofa's, replacing them with much more expensive ones (hey, it's my private fantasy, I can do anything in there that I want), suddenly my father pops up in there. I knew I was still fantasizing everything in my surroundings, except for the image of my father. I was so surprised that I yelled at him, something like "get out of here, this is my private space..." then "how did you get here,what are you doing here?"...
He talked to me saying "don't ever think I'm not proud of you! I've always been proud of you... your doing so well for yourself and you should be proud of that to!"
I carefully touched his arm and I could really feel it, when I started crying he huged me, it felt so damn real and at that point I could even smell his scent.
Then it all faded, he together with the fantasy world.

I know for sure that I never fell asleep, I was wide awake with my mind inside a fantasy... not a mediation, not a vision quest, not anything like that, just a plain stupid fantasy about luxurious furniture, with no other intention than to dream about home decoration.

This is what happened a few hours before:
(My father died a year ago.)

That evening (having a huge dip), while I was peeling potatoes, I was thinking about my childhood, the trauma's,...
I thought about my father and my thoughts and emotions escalated. At a certain point I was crying and yelled out loud (to my father): "you could never feel proud of me no matter what I did with my life" . It wasn't the intention that he should hear me, I just yelled it out loud because it makes me feel better to let it out.

So what I like to know is, how is this possible? A fantasy world is not like another realm or dimension, it's a made up scene inside our brain.
Has anyone ever heard of this before or even experienced it?
I need answers.
and as a disclamer I'll add that I'm still perfactly sane, not shizo and not having extreme mental problems or stress... I'm not on medication or any drugs at all. So you can skip all the comments about those

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Its that Focus point betwwen Sleeping and Awakeness that you experienced Know as Hypnagogia, Your mind reacts to it more than when you in a complete dream state, Its like Meditation without focus, A place where Answers Become Apparent yet leave you with even more questions.

Odd thing the mind is

~Ted

en.wikipedia.org...

^ The sceintific Term^
edit on 28/12/10 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Thanks for the reply,
If your talking about hypnagogic sleep, I'm pretty sure it wasn't that. I was very much still awake when this occured. I was overthinking things so hard that I'm sure my brain wasn't in alpha yet.. far from.

You know the feeling of not being able to catch sleep and dream up a fantasy while trying...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I do that every night, Its a fantasy that normally involves women and choclate

But yeah im quite sure it was a form of Hypnagogia, Obviously youd say different because you experienced it but Hypnagogia manisfests itself in many different ways, You may not be aware of it and it may seem different from the written definition but still all Hypnagogia.

Then again the Native indians would have called it a "Vision" Or " Epiphoney", But the scientifc term for it should never make it less "Real"

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

I firmly believe that you experienced after-life communication.
Considering the time-frame (within about a year) and your receptive state it is not unusual.
The message is important only for you and your father, but you recognize it as deeply relevant.

It obviously means a lot to him to let you know that.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I've explored the hypnagogic state back when I was learning how to lucid dream, using this state as a stepping stone in staying conscious while dreaming. Usually, with me, it's accompanied with ringing sounds. I've experienced this so many times, played around with it... I think by now I would recognize it.
That's why I can't go with your explenation of my experience... of course there is a always a chance that I'm wrong... still keeping an open mind

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I would be lying if I said I haven't thought of that....a lot of that is whishfull thinking of my side since I tried to contact my death relatives for many years and never had convincing success with it.

besides, since when do ghosts or entities enter our fantasy world? That's the part where I would say 'not possible'. I would be more convinced if I saw him standing next to my bed, but he was inside my fantasy.

thanks for the reply

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I think you had the experience you needed at that moment. You can try and label it scientifically, or metaphysically if you want. In my own experience it is better to accept that you experienced something beyond your frame of reference. It seems you needed to get through the karmic history of the relationship with your father. The state you were in gave your father the opportunity to help you in this, and also help his soul in whatever current manifestation he is in. This is a gift. It is hard to face the past, and especially hard when dealing with those no longer in the physical. Congratulations to both you and your father for taking a health healing step together. If I were you I would let the experience settle in, and if you think it would help try and contact him. These type of experiences happen when they to happen, and for reasons that may not be clear till later. Good luck, and embrace the lessons learned.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Quite common for those who have passed to visit the living.. And yes at times they will let themselves be seen to give their message.. Or they will appear in dreams / daydreams.. Its long been known and accepted here in asia that our ancestors watch over us from the next life..

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by GypsK

I do that every night, Its a fantasy that normally involves women and choclate

But yeah im quite sure it was a form of Hypnagogia, Obviously youd say different because you experienced it but Hypnagogia manisfests itself in many different ways, You may not be aware of it and it may seem different from the written definition but still all Hypnagogia.

Then again the Native indians would have called it a "Vision" Or " Epiphoney", But the scientifc term for it should never make it less "Real"

I am so sure that you love the word fantasy. Seeing as how you have an Advent Children poster of Cloud. Poor Cloud. Creating a fake version of himself, because as a child, they would not accept him. Whatever decisions he ever made from the beginning of FF7 to his death, Sephiroth was right, he was just an empty puppet. He had no real feelings. Ah, where am I going? I hope you understand by the way,,,

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NaturalKnowledge

Nope sorry, No idea what your on about

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

BS. You have Clouds photo on your profile picture. Come on now.. If you really dont know where that came from, please search Final Fantasy VII and watch Advent Children immeadiately!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NaturalKnowledge

I know who cloud is and know his story, I just have no idea as to why your first post was at all relevant in response to My post, In other words i didnt get the point you were trying to make, If any.

edit on 2/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join