It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost Everything Is A Crime In America Now: 14 Of The Most Ridiculous Things That Americans Are Bei

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Most people are blissfully unaware of these types of arrest as they go about their daily lives,either too busy trying to keep their heads above water and trying to keep food on the table,is it a condition of the American dream by design or just a symtom of survival?Who knows until it happens to them or to someone close to them most people are completely unaware of how out of control the law has become.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Yes, its a pipe dream, but as a species we tend to make some of our dreams a reality, some good and some bad.

Good intentions and a code of honor is what needs to be instilled in us and admired. First and foremost I will never turn my back on the people of my country, previously as a soldier (yea yea I already know what you are going to say) and now as a citizen. I just think that if we set an example for each other as moral people and take into consideration what is for the basic welfare of everyone, all other issues will fall into place.

Again I do like what your saying, weather it is a pipe dream or not.
I did time for my country also. Despite it being as corrupt as it is or not I do believe in the basic principles it was founded on. Laws are suppose to protect people. Even if they are just you still loose some freedom. The stupid laws are there for no reason then to harras the people and make the rich richer.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SincerelySarcastic

Sarcastic
thanks for taking the time to write what you did,
Star
It does seem you are completely farmiler with that topic.
edit on 1-1-2011 by RedGolem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

being american I feel I can voice my opinion of this article. I agree some of these laws are wrong, like the 12 year old boy being arrested for opening a present before xmas, the man who untangled the whale, I understand why he untangled it I would had doen the same. But there is a indangered species law to protect animals, especially sea animals, we are suppose to call the police and leave it to theably would not had survm, but again I would had doen the same, the whale probived had he not done, and the 70 year old lady who was arrested for her lawn being brown, pretty bad laws there. But I stand with the law on the 12 year old being arrested in her class, I remember this seeing this on the news, when she wrote on her desk and was about to be repremeded by being sent to the preinciples office( which is correct) she faught the teacher adn was beating on the teacher, the only recourse the school had was call the police because here in america if a teacher or anyone older them 18 touches a child it is deffinate jail time even if we touch them in self defense, so this action I stand by as politically and morally correct. She was so wrong her family attempted to hire an attorney to sue the school and police, nothing came from it because what she did was wrong. Sometimes one must use legal force to get through to the uncontrolled incourageable child.
I think because of the large diverse level of cultures - religions and independant beliefs america needs some tougher laws to control an out of control society.
I also believe our government has to much nose into our personal lifes at the same time...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Its not just these pathetic reasons,I think the people that actually dob in to arrest these innocent people need a good effin punch in the face.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You actually find this shocking? Pretty soon you're going to need a Letter to take a leak in a PUBLIC toilet! The United States of America is now a POLICE STATE! The fact that very few people are aware if this, just shows the ignorance of the public at large.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
All of these silly things people are getting arrested for and yet people in everything from Smart Cars to huge SUVs are driving all over the road from lane to lane through stoplights and signs, tailgating inches off of your back bumper and it is legal for them to do..... I honestly felt safer when driving 30 years ago when it was legal to drink and drive and everyone was either buzzed or high...... Drivers talking on cell phones need to be locked up and forbidden to posses a cell phone,

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

Prexparte
thanks a lot for your perspective

you did post a lot of information to be thought about.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
#14 happened on my G-ma's block. Utah is a classy place.

2nd

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Who has seen the movie "Idiocracy" knows where this is heading ...
If you haven\'t find it and see it!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If my child got arrested for participating in a food fight, i would be infuriated. Just plain insanity.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Who's up for forming a citizen swat team? Grab your pitch forks and lets go.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Crime rates have been dropping since 1991, and currently are slightly above where they were in 1960.

Per 100,000 people, total crime rates for select years.

www.disastercenter.com...

1960 179,323,175 1,887.2
1965 193,526,000 2,449.0
1969 201,385,000 3,680.0
1980 225,349,264 5,950.0
1991 252,177,000 5,897.8
2000 281,421,906 4,124.8
2009 307,006,550 3,465.5

They don't really know why, 3 strikes laws didn't get put into place until the mid nineties.

And yet police and courts system budgets continue to climb.

They need to find new customers, so they create new crimes. '

A safety violations shouldn't be a crime unless some one was hurt through negligence.

But so many people are looking for scapegoats. Somebody to sacrifice to the god of economics, and people who make a mistake are prime targets.

Thus we surrender our liberty.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
That's not right, I have trouble believing this, but if it's true, perhaps 9-11 was just an excuse for them to take control, glad I live in canada

Oh Canada, our home and native land, true patriot love and all our sons command, with glowing hearts we see the rise! The true nor strong and free. Something something, I forgot the words at the moment.

But I am happy not to be an American, I have never met one nice American, all have bee ignorant a holes.

I hope I. Do meet a nice one.

Edit:do you want to know the future in 20 years? Freedom, will be a forgotten memory, everyone charged and fined, or turned under the slavery act, we are told, we lose our freedoms for our own safety, regular work no longer exists. We work for food water and shelter, we are allowed nothing else.
Soldiers walk the streets in groups, there are large walls blocking access to certain routes, the general populas lives in fear, submissive behavior, cowards.

So when this time draws near, everyone must fight even if your going to die, better to die for your freedoms, rather than being cattle. The sky will look red, and sorrow will be everywhere.

That is what I see, so let's bring change, let's find a better brighter future, it's still in our grasp.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Anthony1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
But with a birdscaning on america, the us. is nice though.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This makes perfect sense to me. The controllers have engineered a godless amoral society, through their Marxist and liberal change agents. The immoral need to have draconian laws and their freedoms restricted because they have not learned the basic lessons of self control.

Consider this Bible quote from 1 Timothy 1:9:

For the law was not intended for people who do what is right. It is for people who are lawless and rebellious, who are ungodly and sinful, who consider nothing sacred and defile what is holy, who kill their father or mother or commit other murders.

Liberals are like little children who have not learned the basic values of self discipline, right and wrong or how to control their emotions. They see no merit in it and thus they have made themselves slaves, needing a harsh master to keep them from harming the people around them.

The righteous need no laws at all. They will still treat others with respect and dignity. John Adams fully understood that the freedoms granted to America would only work for a God fearing people:

We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Yea I believe this is what they call a Police State. Ever so slowly they tighten the grip. Before you know it we won't be able to breath. I can't wait for the next big event in the news that allows them to take more of our supposed freedoms.

Oh yea I forgot, they are doing all of this for our own good.

edit on 28-12-2010 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

I don't know if somebody mentioned this already, but I think we have our "next big event", the attempted assassination of Gabrielle Giffords and killing of 6 others. This without a doubt will spark debate over whether or not we should tighten our control over gun control in the US. But, like it has been said thousands of times, stronger gun control will only leave the good honest people defenseless in a dangerous situation, and will not stop the hard criminals from buying weapons illegally. If our own government cannot realize this, then we are lost as humanity, and should probably just lay down and die as a whole.

Hell, before you know it, somebody will tell me it is illegal to grow and smoke a completely harmless plant that has endless potential in the field of medicine, fuel, plastic, paper, clothing, and just straight up makes people feel great with no consequence whatsoever.
edit on 8-1-2011 by DontLegalizeDecriminalize because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Okay, pretty much everything in that article was ridiculous. But there is one thing in there which I think makes a little sense. i think is was number 6 that was about recycling. I'm not sure what number it was but, something does need to be done about people not recycling. I've watched too many people throw trash on the ground when there is a trashcan or recycling bin two feet away. I don't think you should be arrested but there should be a consequence.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

This makes me want to take a nice sh*t on someones desk

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
There have been a lot of ideas and opinions expressed here. Some might be more creditable then others. I want to thank everyone who has posted and contributed to the discussion of the events.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join